joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WFO PHI finally getting a facebook page

Rainshadow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not helping when likes of dt, larry cosgrove, and steve d keep saying major one occuring

I really don't know enough about it to say it isn't. It just seems even if there is one, its still a couple of weeks away based on average lag. I suppose there is a geographical implication too as to where it forms but any block is better than no block.

Y'all just remember, this is a professional, government page. Think about what you post if you want it to stay. One of our office's policies is that any posts referring to individual people in the office are automatically deleted from our page. Positive or negative.

By tomorrow Mount Holly's page will have more like's than ours, and our page has been online for 6 months :arrowhead:

Y'all just remember, this is a professional, government page. Think about what you post if you want it to stay. One of our office's policies is that any posts referring to individual people in the office are automatically deleted from our page. Positive or negative.

By tomorrow Mount Holly's page will have more like's than ours, and our page has been online for 6 months arrowheadsmiley.png

they are at 116 now, what does yours have?

Just be glad the internet wasn't around from like 1968-1974 (guessing at the years) when Philly went through all of those winters without a single 6 inch or greater snow. (I'll edit this post later).

It was from the winter of 1967-68 through 1972-73 no single 6" or greater event measured at PHL and just one (6 inches on the dot) until January of 1978.

By tomorrow Mount Holly's page will have more like's than ours, and our page has been online for 6 months arrowheadsmiley.png

Up to 252. :whistle:

now lets be honest, who shovels the snow in the office. I can see all you guys pushing it off to valerie.... I know someone commented and said you have a contractor to do it, but it must of happened once where someone shoveled.

Since I have been here (going on 9 years) I am not aware of anyone at the office shoveling. We have a contractor that takes care of the parking lots and sidewalks. They are aware of our 24 hour/7 days a week operation and they do a good job getting the snow cleared. Two winters ago though, the heater on our satellite dish was not working correctly so the snow was piling up to the point it was blocking our signal. A staff member during a night shift was tasked to go out and remove the snow about once an hour.

Since I have been here (going on 9 years) I am not aware of anyone at the office shoveling. We have a contractor that takes care of the parking lots and sidewalks. They are aware of our 24 hour/7 days a week operation and they do a good job getting the snow cleared. Two winters ago though, the heater on our satellite dish was not working correctly so the snow was piling up to the point it was blocking our signal. A staff member during a night shift was tasked to go out and remove the snow about once an hour.

When I was at Millersville, one of the profs. told us how they used to get their data the same way (satellite dish). Every time there was a storm of more than 3 or 4 inches, they'd have to continuous clean the dish off. Internet FTW.

We have to shovel our walks on our own axesmiley.png

That falls under "other duties as assigned" on the resume wink.png

I remember having to do that on a mid shift with our Ray once. Everytime I went out with the broom, I did my Jack Nicholson imitation in "The Shining"........"Danny"........."Danny". I think I missed my calling in life, it was a real Hollywood moment. ;):yikes:

Archived