• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching TWC Makes Me Cringe

The fun begins at 2:04:

Think what you want about "drill baby drill" policies (I personally find them asinine), but what on earth is this shilling opportunity doing in the middle of a segment about the recent storm in Alaska?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with TWC's ownership......:whistle:

Oh and you gotta love Mike Bettes calling Senator Begich "Governor Begich" at the end of the segment. Way to go toolshed!

Think what you want about "drill baby drill" policies (I personally find them asinine), but what on earth is this shilling opportunity doing in the middle of a segment about the recent storm in Alaska?

Oh and you gotta love Mike Bettes calling Senator Begich "Governor Begich" at the end of the segment. Way to go toolshed!

Bad but it doesn't surprise me. They have been outspoken in politicizing the issue of global warming as well.

I don't understand why anyone who posts/reads on americanwx would seek out TWC for information. There is no need to complain about it, people try to say it was more informative in the past but that's irrelevant because technology has improved.

If anything, it just makes me laugh. The live weather coverage is probably the best aspect of TWC.

I don't understand why anyone who posts/reads on americanwx would seek out TWC for information. There is no need to complain about it, people try to say it was more informative in the past but that's irrelevant because technology has improved.

If anything, it just makes me laugh. The live weather coverage is probably the best aspect of TWC.

Hmm, well in that case, I should have provided some context. I youtube'd "Alaska Storm 2011" in order to pull up some footage of the large storm that barreled ashore there this week and this was one of the top results. I figured I would give it a try. Needless to say, I found my selection a tad off-putting.

Other thing, I like looking at Crystal Eggers as much as the next guy, but identifying someone with a BA and a 60 hour no math or science required class MSU 'broadcast meteorology' certificate as a 'meteorologist' is just wrong. I know from his time on KPRC-TV 2 that Carl Parker is also a 60 hour certificate holder.

If they can find reasonably attractive people with actual BS degrees in related fields, like Vivian Brown and Stephanie Abrams, there isn't an excuse for non-scientist on air mets. I understand pushing Al Roker, but I want real BS holding mets on my TV.

Lol...Bettes is still there? I assumed he'd get fired when NBC took over.

Archived