• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Remnant Low Rina.

wxmx

I'm actually now more interested in the track post-landfall now... 97L is encroaching on the circulation of Rina. I'm wondering if we see a merger of the two features. That is more or less what the 00z ECWMF is suggesting, with the circulation of Rina becoming much larger as it slides back southward.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that happens, the 00z Canadian ensemble members from Monday would score a huge win, as they had the system drop southward east of Central America.

I'm actually now more interested in the track post-landfall now... 97L is encroaching on the circulation of Rina. I'm wondering if we see a merger of the two features. That is more or less what the 00z ECWMF is suggesting, with the circulation of Rina becoming much larger as it slides back southward.

Good day all,

Quite an explosion of convection recently, on the Weathertap visible loops you can even see a gravity wave emanate from the CDO. Pretty cool.

Hi Josh ... Happy to be on here.

The "blowup" and "demise" is simply the non steady-state nature of a dying / severely sheared storm. I remember seeing that alot in the late 80's.

Basdically the "chugging" / sputtering of a engine that's dying.

The visible loop from earlier today was rather fascinating... there was one last big burst of convection near the center, and it seems that an outflow boundary propagated outward in almost all quadrants from this last burst. Once the outflow boundary moved outward from the convection, we saw rapid dissipation of any convective structure near the center.

Agreed it was interesting, but it was in the upper levels the the boundary emanated outward which made me think it was a g-wave. Like a final eruption.

The visible loop from earlier today was rather fascinating... there was one last big burst of convection near the center, and it seems that an outflow boundary propagated outward in almost all quadrants from this last burst. Once the outflow boundary moved outward from the convection, we saw rapid dissipation of any convective structure near the center.

Agreed it was interesting, but it was in the upper levels the the boundary emanated outward which made me think it was a g-wave. Like a final eruption.

Yea I couldn't quite tell what level the clouds were... it may likely be more of a gravity wave signal. Probably one of the better daytime examples at that!

Archived