• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
How do you think humanity will be affected by climate in the future?

skierinvermont

38 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is going to happen over the next 100+ years? Select which most closely resembles your opinion.

• Nothing. I do not believe in the physics of CO2 and the other lines of evidence that humans are affecting climate. Climate will continue to fluctuate as it has for the last 2,000 years.
    • I believe it will warm but it won't affect us too much.
    • We will cut emissions in time to prevent severe consequences.
    • We won't cut emissions in time to prevent severe consequences.

Agreed. Rusty is the only one from that side that I could see discussing AGW with over a beer.

With some of the total garbage and ad hominem you spew on this forum, and although I can't speak for Rusty, I doubt he would say the same for you. You come across as a pretty obnoxious character that is completely uninterested in science.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, this thread, and most posts from certain members in the Climate change forum show clear signs of psychological problems.

Or maybe we just have an interest in science, especially science which may pertain to our actual lives. I read all types of science and that's what I went to college for and AGW is just one area that I have studied and maintain an ongoing interest in. It's a fairly interesting subject given all of the manufactured controversy and the potential implications for daily life.

To have you come in here and diagnose this as a mental disease would be insulting if I were to take it seriously for a second.

Maybe like so many others who come here with zero science and troll this forum. You are not capable of understanding the science, If you were, you would use it. Please do not come back until you have something worth discussing troll.

I spent countless hours the last 3 months here because I lost the closest person in my life the last 29 years ***hole, it was a nice escape that taught me amazing information and scientific incite to AGW, the Climate, Meteorology, the crysophere, the oceans, ENSO, and many others. Your nothing but a spineless person hiding behind NEOH with no photos, no info coward. Please do not come here again and lower this forums intelligence level anymore than you already have. Good day.

Easy Friv. I'm a coward because I do not have a picture of myself on a weather forum? I'll PM you all of my personal contact info if you would like. I'm truly sorry for your loss. I recently lost someone close to me as well... as i'm sure a lot of people in the forum have. But I don't use that as an excuse to communicate in the manner in which you have. But that is OT.

I'm more than capable of understanding science... enough so that I can accept that it might not be accurate.

Or maybe we just have an interest in science, especially science which may pertain to our actual lives. I read all types of science and that's what I went to college for and AGW is just one area that I have studied and maintain an ongoing interest in. It's a fairly interesting subject given all of the manufactured controversy and the potential implications for daily life.

To have you come in here and diagnose this as a mental disease would be insulting if I were to take it seriously for a second.

Skier - I'm not questioning anyone's interest in science. I'm glad you enjoy it, as I do as well. Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything surrounding AGW has been manufactured by the alarmist community. In the real world... the words "might" and "potential" don't exactly cut it. It may be a fun topic to debate... but a lot of posts speak of the certainty, which cannot be done as there are no definitive implications to this theory.

Skier - I'm not questioning anyone's interest in science. I'm glad you enjoy it, as I do as well. Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything surrounding AGW has been manufactured by the alarmist community. In the real world... the words "might" and "potential" don't exactly cut it. It may be a fun topic to debate... but a lot of posts speak of the certainty, which cannot be done as there are no definitive implications to this theory.

The bolded text tells me you think the thousands of scientists involved in the study of climate are somehow drawing conclusions not supported by the evidence.

What gets under my skin and that of other supporters of the scientific basis for AGW is the obvious political/ideological tone exhibited by many posters skeptical of the science. We all know the issue has strong political overtones, but we wish not to discuss it here in threads devoted to the scientific aspects of the issue. Personal attacks on character based on obvious ideological leanings are also off topic.

Once drawn into off topic dialog both sides engage in it, myself included, in trying to one up the other and get the last word in. It destroys threads.

Yes, there is uncertainty involved in the science of AGW. However, because we lack sufficient knowledge in some areas of understanding doesn't imply we have insufficient knowledge in all areas, or negate the knowledge that we do have. We have a firm hold on the fundamental backbone of the science as strong as in any other area of science. This is because AGW at it's core relies on fundamental tenets of science, bolstered by a great deal of theoretical physics and real world observation.

AGW explains much of the warming over the past 250 years, but not all of it. Some of the warming has been a return to the average condition of the past couple millennium. We are now in an overshoot trend in warming which theory indicates will continue as long as we continue to introduce environmental factors known to force the planet to warm.

How much it will warm and exactly how fast it will progress is somewhat unclear but we can take note of model projections and the paleoclimate evidence scientists have uncovered to estimate a total warming somewhere between 2C and 4.5C per a doubling of CO2 or any forcing the equal of 3.7W/m^2. The implications of such warming to overall climate change again carry a degree of uncertainty, but it is clear that sea levels will rise significantly, precipitation patterns will be altered and climate zones will move.

Another posters calling skier and I insane. We have seen this story unfold over and over.

And yet you all engage instead of reporting it. I have no sympathy for people who engage. I mean, this forum is fairly loosely moderated, but if you guys want to complain, then report it if its a realistic case of personal attack and going off topic. When you choose to engage in it for several pages, then you lose any argument of crying foul.

And yet you all engage instead of reporting it. I have no sympathy for people who engage. I mean, this forum is fairly loosely moderated, but if you guys want to complain, then report it if its a realistic case of personal attack and going off topic. When you choose to engage in it for several pages, then you lose any argument of crying foul.

I was banned from this forum for 2 days for reporting to much of bethesda and sunny and warms trolling. We were pretty much told to not report as much. If that is not the case I will never engage it and start reporting it. It is the same couple people doing this over and over. It's no secret who trolls here. NEOH is just a new one.

I was banned from this forum for 2 days for reporting to much of bethesda and sunny and warms trolling. We were pretty much told to not report as much. If that is not the case I will never engage it and start reporting it. It is the same couple people doing this over and over. It's no secret who trolls here. NEOH is just a new one.

I've told you before that you were part of the problem and you actually agreed with me...you said you wouldn't make as many rants any more. At the time, you were ranting a lot. So I do not appreciate you bending the criticism off yourself in this. I've let it go because we didn't get many reports, but if you want this moderated heavier, then understand you are part of it too.

Archived