joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z euro philly/nyc discussion

tombo82685

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this run is correct you will need to be in Wisconsin to see the CCB.

So we went from model continuity to a complete mess with the GGEM and GFS now being the most similar in terms of surface depiction. Not exactly what I expected but I'd rather have the models all over the place at this point if they're not showing a hit for us

Looks like what occurred on December 1st, but further east with the 2nd low, but with colder air behind the storm. Either way, an awful and rather crazy run, it seems very different from the 12z run. I'm not so sure about the whole Michigan primary with Virgina secondary, I like what the Ggem and gfs showed, it made more sense to me.

It is early December, we shouldn't be surprised.

Actually what surprises me is how models such as the ECM have been so inconsistent with the pattern over the days...yet alone the storm tracks. This is something I would expect more out of the GFS & not the ECM...but it seems like every other 6-12 hrs its a completely different solution....

Actually what surprises me is how models such as the ECM have been so inconsistent with the pattern over the days...yet alone the storm tracks. This is something I would expect more out of the GFS & not the ECM...but it seems like every other 6-12 hrs its a completely different solution....

Let us look at the model scales of justice:

Trending toward a stronger solution [check]

Early December [check]

Negatively tilted trough west of the Apps [check]

Early December [check]

Lack of a Banana high [check]

Early December [check]

Now let us answer this question: How many major east coast snowstorms can you remember prior to December 15, which had a very strong central pressure and lack of a banana high? I can't remember many.

Let us look at the model scales of justice:

Trending toward a stronger solution [check]

Early December [check]

Negatively tilted trough west of the Apps [check]

Early December [check]

Lack of a Banana high [check]

Early December [check]

Now let us answer this question: How many major east coast snowstorms can you remember prior to December 15, which had a very strong central pressure and lack of a banana high? I can't remember many.

None of the above however, negates the fact that we have seen different runs from the ECM over its past 4 runs & each one has been basically different... and then the ensemble means are completely different as well...There has been no consistency! I am not even talking about precipitation types at all.

Archived