• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weather Nation

Paul Douglas is the founder. He was a TV met in the Twin Cities for years...honestly horribly annoying, but the people loved him there. I think he sold his first private business (digital cyclone) for 40+ million dollars. While smart and business savvy, he is not well known for putting out "accurate" and/or correct information. Weathernation has also been known to take information from others and claim it as their own without properly referencing it.

As for Paul Douglas, just read his blog in the MPLS Star Tribune, the largest newspaper in the Twin Cities.

http://www.startribu...on_Weather.html

He makes love to the NAM...often calling it the most reliable and best model available. His forecasts often devolve to classic "weather sensationalism" where he simply outputs the very worst case scenario (big snow totals, severe weather, heavy rain, etc.) then relays that information as his latest forecast. This is probably why he favors the operational NAM...

As I've stated elsewhere, I hope it was an intern or something running the page today. Otherwise, these are degreed meteorologists, some with the CBM seal from the AMS. Remember The WeatherCast that was on Dish for a little bit? This is those guys.....

Entire post now deleted...can't believe they deleted the posts we made...all I said was Only Severe Thunderstorm watches were issued today, not tornado watches, there were several tornado warnings but no watches. I also said LOL to the watches turning into warnings.

Very embarrassing...not only that but highly uninformative and very misleading.

Seeing it deleted hopefully makes you think it was an interm or someone else running it at that time.

Archived