Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Tropical Storm Bret

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite it's appearance, recon still found 57kt flight level winds and a 1001mb pressure.

For the ugly duckling that it is... its been maintain a surprisingly strong wind core. Recon is going in for another look this afternoon, and it appears that is still is about as organized as it was yesterday at this time.

Bret is no more... here is my forecast verification made nearly 5 days ago now. Intensity was nearly spot on (was 12 hours too early on degeneration but otherwise 0 knot error for intensity at each time frame 24-96 hrs). Track was not a complete disaster, but was way too fast and south in the long range, likely owing to the fact that Bret held on a little longer than expected, plus the initial northward turn I didn't really account for. Overall, I give myself a D for track, and an A for forecast intensity. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree!

epq988.png

Bret is no more... here is my forecast verification made nearly 5 days ago now. Intensity was nearly spot on (was 12 hours too early on degeneration but otherwise 0 knot error for intensity at each time frame 24-96 hrs). Track was not a complete disaster, but was way too fast and south in the long range, likely owing to the fact that Bret held on a little longer than expected, plus the initial northward turn I didn't really account for. Overall, I give myself a D for track, and an A for forecast intensity. Let me know if you guys agree or disagree!

epq988.png

Nice job Phil. I'd go A- on the Intensity. As I think you should factor in the extra time it held together in the intensity part. I also give you a C-/D+ on track. You were not too far off until the end.

Archived