• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GR2 Analyst

Hello everyone,

I have used the trial version of GR2 last summer, and I finally decided to switch from Stormlab to GR2 (bought GR2 recently). I recently bought a brad new ASUS laptop which has windows 7 installed on it. I used the Iowa State site in my configure polling address. The radar polls (updates) but no radar data is ever displayed. Also even though warnings are in progress for the area I try to view, no warning data shows up but that section isn't grayed out. I installed the version of GR2 currently listed on the home page, I have read all topics regarding GR2 or windows 7 in the forum, and I did install the update. My internet connection is lower where I'm at in rural Alaska (download 500K upload 280K) but I don't think that matters....does it? I didn't see any minimum speed requirements on the home page. Can someone please help me with this so I can get this to work. Thanks.

Patrick

It looks like the Iowa State feed is down. They could be doing work on it in anticipation of today/tomorrow.There are subscription services available from some other venues such as Allisonhouse, Michiganwxsystem. Allisonhouse feed is working at this time. On extremely active days the Iowa State feed is not always reliable. There are requirements listed on the GRlevelx download page.

http://grlevelx.com/gr2analyst/

System requirements are listed at the bottom of the page.It is stated that your graphics MUST support Shader Model 2.0 or GR2Analyst will not function.

Other requirements include:

Windows XP or above

DirectX 9.0c

Graphics adapter with shader model 2.0 support

With the exception of the volume renderer, most shader model 2.0 video cards will be sufficient to run GR2Analyst. The volume renderer is both CPU and GPU intensive, requiring fast a CPU and mid to high end graphics adapters. Recommended requirements for the volume renderer:

Pentium4 2.26GHz or higher

512MB of system memory

At least 128MB of dedicated video memory

256-bit video memory bus -or- a high speed 128-bit video memory bus

8 or more pixel shader units

If you purchased the Analyst you should sign up at the GRlevelx owners forum and ask for more help.

just installed the trial and everything works fine for me after configuring the polling. Did take several seconds 5-15seconds for radar data to show up when i switched between radar sites. Have you tried different radar sites such as kict?

Hello everyone,

I have used the trial version of GR2 last summer, and I finally decided to switch from Stormlab to GR2 (bought GR2 recently). I recently bought a brad new ASUS laptop which has windows 7 installed on it. I used the Iowa State site in my configure polling address. The radar polls (updates) but no radar data is ever displayed. Also even though warnings are in progress for the area I try to view, no warning data shows up but that section isn't grayed out. I installed the version of GR2 currently listed on the home page, I have read all topics regarding GR2 or windows 7 in the forum, and I did install the update. My internet connection is lower where I'm at in rural Alaska (download 500K upload 280K) but I don't think that matters....does it? I didn't see any minimum speed requirements on the home page. Can someone please help me with this so I can get this to work. Thanks.

Patrick

Click "Windows" on the menu bar, then click "Load Warnings." That should solve your issue.

It looks like the Iowa State feed is down. They could be doing work on it in anticipation of today/tomorrow.There are subscription services available from some other venues such as Allisonhouse, Michiganwxsystem. Allisonhouse feed is working at this time. On extremely active days the Iowa State feed is not always reliable. There are requirements listed on the GRlevelx download page.

http://grlevelx.com/gr2analyst/

System requirements are listed at the bottom of the page.It is stated that your graphics MUST support Shader Model 2.0 or GR2Analyst will not function.

Other requirements include:

Windows XP or above

DirectX 9.0c

Graphics adapter with shader model 2.0 support

With the exception of the volume renderer, most shader model 2.0 video cards will be sufficient to run GR2Analyst. The volume renderer is both CPU and GPU intensive, requiring fast a CPU and mid to high end graphics adapters. Recommended requirements for the volume renderer:

Pentium4 2.26GHz or higher

512MB of system memory

At least 128MB of dedicated video memory

256-bit video memory bus -or- a high speed 128-bit video memory bus

8 or more pixel shader units

If you purchased the Analyst you should sign up at the GRlevelx owners forum and ask for more help.

I did ask in the forum on GR2 and have a new laptop that is above the requirements but thx.

I'm having an issue with GRlevel3. I run Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro through VMware Fusion. After I installed GRlevel3, I have had problems with smoothing the reflectivity.

The problem is the there is a ring of very high layered reflectivity whenever the reflectivity reaches around 30-40 DBz.. Anyone have the slightest inclination on how to fix this? I cannot seem to find an answer online.

This is an example:

post-1245-0-34227600-1306249501.png

just installed the trial and everything works fine for me after configuring the polling. Did take several seconds 5-15seconds for radar data to show up when i switched between radar sites. Have you tried different radar sites such as kict?

Yeah I tried several different sites. I'm wondering if I need to use a different free site if there is one. The warnings window isn't grayed out yet shows no active warnings when there currently is. Same thing earlier had warnings but none showed up....and left the radar running/updating for hr or two.

Click "Windows" on the menu bar, then click "Load Warnings." That should solve your issue.

Yeah did that and that's what made they warnings section go from grayed out to black text color....and I do have the warnings check marked. Still nothing and no radar data.

I'm having an issue with GRlevel3. I run Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro through VMware Fusion. After I installed GRlevel3, I have had problems with smoothing the reflectivity.

The problem is the there is a ring of very high layered reflectivity whenever the reflectivity reaches around 30-40 DBz.. Anyone have the slightest inclination on how to fix this? I cannot seem to find an answer online.

This is an example:

post-1245-0-34227600-1306249501.png

in grl3

go to file then device settings and force 16-bit smoothing ;)

Archived