• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Happy Anniversary Craig Allen

TheTrials

30 years ago today Craig Allen made his first broadcast on CBS 880AM. For those of you who have ever heard him and/or followed him , he is one of, if not the best in the business. Not only does he know his stuff but he give his PERSONAL and GUT instinct in his forecasts. He even brings up the different model runs during his live broadcasts during the winter. Congrats Craig Allen, hope you have another 30 years of broadcasts.

Congratulations to Craig. I was fortunate enough to meet him and talk to him about the HPC model initialization hysteria from the Post-Christmas Blizzard, and he is as gracious in person as he appears behind the screen and on the air. He is an excellent forecaster, and I wish him all the best.

I remember Craig's forecast for the Jan 26th-27th Blizzard... "5-8 inches in NW NJ, 3-6 inches in C NJ." Decent met overall though.

HMMM, that was his initial forecast I think the day before but he was quite aggressive in the evening, and I remember him talking about the rotation in the thundersleet cell that hit brooklyn and queens. I don't remember if he predicted the early morning stuff, but regardless, this thread isn't about the accuracy of his forecasts, its about the career of a well respected and in reality excellent met.

Archived