• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Early Season Tree Color

Last night to took some clippings of trees in the yard and neighborhood. Brought them into the house so I could use the light box to play with lighting. That and it was dark out.

First image: Decorative Apple blossom? Used both incandescent and strobe lighting on this one. Was trying to keep the incandescent (yellow) just on the stamens but still ot some on the petal. Then had the strobe behind the petals for some extreme backlighting.

Second image: Silver maple? All incandescent lighting on this one.

Third image: I do not remember what this one is. I call it a *star* maple but Eek says this is not actually not a member of the maple family. I believe Eek 100%. Too bad I have the memory of a frog. I blink and it is gone. This one is all incandescent also. With a white reflector just out-of-frame right.

• 2 weeks later...

The star shaped leaf in the last picture is probably from a sweet gum tree, which is not in the maple family but rather in the witch-hazel family. They are nearly ubiquitous from NJ points south and west and in the southern half of IN.

Thanks mitch! Sweet gum, sweet gum, sweet gum. Maybe if I say it enough I will remember it.

Also as an aside, these were taken the last day I felt good. Amazing to see it was almost 3 weeks ago. Have not touched the camera since. Hopefully in the coming week I will finally feel good enough to pick up the heavy monster again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived