joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2010-2011 Philly area Seasonal Snowfall map

famartin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's probably it. Although I also wish you did the whole region for the individual storms. I guess that's asking quite a bit though, no?

I kinda wanted my site to be state oriented and not WFO oriented. Besides, Mt. Holly usually does a WFO-area snowfall map of the more significant storms.

The Sussex ones look good. They missed out on both big storms up there (12/26 and 1/26).

The northern Passaic may be a bit low, but I only included ones who at least *appeared* to measure all the events. West Milford is probably about right.

i still think sussex and passaic are off a bit. Im sure most were at around 60. Especially eastern sussex. western areas missed the big early season snow

i still think sussex and passaic are off a bit. Im sure most were at around 60. Especially eastern sussex. western areas missed the big early season snow

I agree... Here in Orange County there was a general 60-80" and we are just north of Sussex & Passaic counties.. The cutoffs were more E to W... Not N to S.

Just seeing this now, great job Ray!

My map is fairly similar to yours, except like Will's, quite a bit snowier in northern Passaic and eastern Sussex. I had a report from Cliffwood lake (1200ft) with 69.5" for the season, Wantage in NW Sussex at 51". Most of the reports I went through on the ONJSC site suggest at least 65" fell in northern Passaic, possibly as much as 70". IMO 60" totals in Passaic were more than exception than the rule, most were in the 60-70" range.

24c9m5l.jpg

My map is fairly similar to yours, except like Will's, quite a bit snowier in northern Passaic and eastern Sussex. I had a report from Cliffwood lake (1200ft) with 69.5" for the season, Wantage in NW Sussex at 51". Most of the reports I went through on the ONJSC site suggest at least 65" fell in northern Passaic, possibly as much as 70". IMO 60" totals in Passaic were more than exception than the rule, most were in the 60-70" range.

24c9m5l.jpg

Awesome map! Fits well with my area which is just north of Sussex & Passiac counties.. I finished last winter with 67" and im about 17 miles NE of Sussex NJ ( as the crows fly)..

I agree... Here in Orange County there was a general 60-80" and we are just north of Sussex & Passaic counties.. The cutoffs were more E to W... Not N to S.

There would likely be some directional change east/west at some point. Binghamton had over 100".

I didn't know ONJSC posted seasonal totals on their site.

Archived