• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Chasing June '11

Ryanweather

Hey, has anyone heard of Dan Robinson? (http://wvlightning.c...urs/about.shtml)

I stumbled upon his website, and are considering hiring him as a chase guide for next summer.

My dad and I chased with a different guide the past two summers, but this guy is cheaper. We're considering driving to St. Louis. Since he charges a flat rate (rather than per-person) if anyone wanted to join, you could do so for 1/3 or 1/2 the cost.

7 days for $570-850, 10 days for $735-1100. 1/2 price if you bring a friend (so in reality 1/4 for each of you) or 1/3 for yourself.

Much more flexible and much less expensive than a conventional tour van company.

So anyone interested? :popcorn:

i would possibly be interested in going...the main thing is the costs...i'm a poor college kid but I could maybe ask the parents to chip in some for like my birthday or something. other thing is the date...will June be too late to get the best chance of storms? I know you picked June because you're not done school til then right?

i would possibly be interested in going...the main thing is the costs...i'm a poor college kid but I could maybe ask the parents to chip in some for like my birthday or something. other thing is the date...will June be too late to get the best chance of storms? I know you picked June because you're not done school til then right?

That's the main reason, yes.

However, May is prone to chaser jams (whereas June is relatively empty) and storm motions are a lot slower (you don't have to race after a supercell going 60 mph). I've always wanted to chase TX OK in April/May but with school not over til June 4th it's difficult...

I thought you were going with MU in the spring/summer?

That's the main reason, yes.

However, May is prone to chaser jams (whereas June is relatively empty) and storm motions are a lot slower (you don't have to race after a supercell going 60 mph). I've always wanted to chase TX OK in April/May but with school not over til June 4th it's difficult...

I thought you were going with MU in the spring/summer?

plans fell through with my friends...this year was hard because all of us are getting apartments for next year and our security deposits are due right around the time we wanted to chase so it really wasn't going to work.

Oh and Aurora, NE was June 17, 2009.

June 17, 2010 was a major outbreak in ND and MN (115 tornado reports from SPC)

FYI Scottie and some guy who never posts said they're also at least slightly interested in going. If one of them did, then it would be 1/4 the cost to you (so $425 for 7 days, $550 for 10 days) then about $80-100 a night for hotels and every third day's gas. And probably a piece of the rental vehicle too.

If somehow both of them could go, then it's 1/5 for you ($340 and $440 respectively).

• 1 month later...

Archived