• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Subscription service

Wow

As described in the bulk email, we have installed a subscription service to allow members to choose and purchase upgrade packages. Any member group can purchase one or more at any time. We'll be adding more over time. If you have an idea for a new subscription, let one of the admins know.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?app=subscriptions

As described in the bulk email, we have installed a subscription service to allow members to choose and purchase upgrade packages. Any member group can purchase one or more at any time. We'll be adding more over time. If you have an idea for a new subscription, let one of the admins know.

http://www.americanw...p=subscriptions

I never received an email.

I am not trying to get on your nerve, just mentioning as there may be a problem. Also, has any official decision been had on what tiered services donators will receive?

Well I meant 100% of emails sent. We've tried several ways but they still never reach everyone.

The thing is the donation app doesn't allow secondary group modification which the subscription app allows. We've had to manually change donors to the secondary donor group one by one. It can change primary groups but don't want to do that as we utilize that for member/pro met/moderator, etc. It also doesn't have a way to to break it down into groups by amount, so someone who donates $5 would receive the same benefits of one who donates $1000. I know there's an argument to be made that all donors should be treated equally, but there's a fuzzy line between that and receiving benefits based on the amount given.

I'm thinking if someone is going to donate just to get something in return, they should be directed to the subscription center. If they want to truly "donate," they are still able to.

More details on the subscription packages: I dropped the sig package as there was some concern on the use of allowing more sig images. We may decide to restrict that more and make a new sig package.

Well I meant 100% of emails sent. We've tried several ways but they still never reach everyone.

The thing is the donation app doesn't allow secondary group modification which the subscription app allows. We've had to manually change donors to the secondary donor group one by one. It can change primary groups but don't want to do that as we utilize that for member/pro met/moderator, etc. It also doesn't have a way to to break it down into groups by amount, so someone who donates $5 would receive the same benefits of one who donates $1000. I know there's an argument to be made that all donors should be treated equally, but there's a fuzzy line between that and receiving benefits based on the amount given.

I'm thinking if someone is going to donate just to get something in return, they should be directed to the subscription center. If they want to truly "donate," they are still able to.

More details on the subscription packages: I dropped the sig package as there was some concern on the use of allowing more sig images. We may decide to restrict that more and make a new sig package.

OK. thanks wow.

Archived