• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I can't believe it's been 10 years already

Arnold214

I have nothing but painful memories of this one in New Canaan, CT, where I lived at the time. I can vividly remember WCBS 880 AM calling for 2-3 feet of snow two days before, and we wound up with a measly 5.5 inches, while areas just up the Merritt Parkway got well over a foot and other areas of New England got a 2 to 3 footer. One of the top most painful misses for me.

It got "warm" between Mar 15-20 time frame, but it was still only 40s and I think there were a lot of cloudy days in there too. Snow pack didn't take too big of a hit and then there was a sting of 2 or 3 more snow events before April 1st.

Farmington, Maine managed to eke out a 51 max during that 2/15-20 mild period, but that didn't hurt the snowpack too much. They got 24" 2/5-6 (17" IMBY only 7 miles away) that brought the depth to 47", entered March with 36", and 14" on 3/5-6 lifted it back to 47". (I measured 9.5", and points 40 miles north got only 1-2".) Farmington then had 6.3" on 3/10, 4" on 13th, 15" on 22-23, then 18" on 30-31 to lift the depth to 48", the season's highest and their highest ever for that late in the season. We were progged for another monster on 4/2, but it slid east and blasted eastern Newf with 2' snow and 150 kph gusts. My continuous snow cover ended 4/23, when the temp reached 80.

Archived