Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2, 2009

MJO812

Guest Pamela

The Southern Greens are also a great place for snow...you get cranked in Nor'easters and SW flow events which gives you plenty of liquid equivalent, but you also get the fluffy upslope snows...the 2000'+ areas around Bennington would be great to live in.

I've heard the town of Bennington itself is awful (relatively) for snow...though nearby Readsboro is terrific...is this so?

I've heard the town of Bennington itself is awful (relatively) for snow...though nearby Readsboro is terrific...is this so?

Yeah Bennington is pretty low in elevation, sort of a snow hole....Route 7 winds through the Green Mountains in Central VT after exiting the Champlain Valley, and then drops suddenly as you get into Bennington. The areas around there get smoked though...Readsboro is on the Route 100 corridor which follows the eastern spine of the Greens, nice area for terrain protection on southerly flow events and also gets hit with Nor'easters that the Northern Greens miss. You still won't average as much as areas further north in Vermont that get tons of upslope/enhancement with NW winds off Lake Champlain, but it's an exciting area since you can cash in on a variety of set-ups.

Mystic is in CT

I love Mystic, CT. I go there multiple times a year. I was just there for Valentine's Day weekend. You can call it Mystic, LI as it makes little difference considering I can throw a rock and hit Long Island from Mystic lol, j/k. I could definitely swim to LI from there though. It would take me awhile but it can be done, lol.

Archived