• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 2011 Outlook

illinois

I am dipping my toe back into the water of long range forecasting. I have little time to explain my thoughts yet, will post most later.

Maps should be pretty easy to understand.

Precip: Blue = above normal temps. The darker the blue the more above normal. And the warmer colors exactly the opposite.

Temps: Blue = below normal, warm colors above normal.

I believe sometime in either March or April there will be a historic severe weather outbreak, most likely in the Mississippi river area, north from the gulf, and south of I80.

PRECIP MAP

post-905-0-62241000-1298313977.jpg

TEMP MAP

post-905-0-22362900-1298314087.jpg

While these are always cool to look at, there is no room for discussion unless you include reasoning. And I would love to talk about March, so give it a shot.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you about reasoning but it can suck for non mets on this board because we don't know weather like some of you guys on here and it really limits what we can contribute. I suppose we can ask questions but it really doesn't offer much for synoptic analysis.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you about reasoning but it can suck for non mets on this board because we don't know weather like some of you guys on here and it really limits what we can contribute. I suppose we can ask questions but it really doesn't offer much for synoptic analysis.

You'd be surprised. I've come across a lot of unknown board members that know more about the long range than most Mets. They don't teach this stuff in school. I'm open to giving everyone a chance.. sometimes it just takes a motivation push to get the discussion started.

You'd be surprised. I've come across a lot of unknown board members that know more about the long range than most Mets. I'm open to giving everyone a chance.. sometimes it just takes a motivation push to get the discussion started.

I support this post fully. Thus agree 100%.

So yeah some discussion as to why would be nice. :)

You'd be surprised. I've come across a lot of unknown board members that know more about the long range than most Mets. I'm open to giving everyone a chance.. sometimes it just takes a motivation push to get the discussion started.

I'm sorry. Not all non mets are like this but a lot of us are. When we do get are questions answered they can get so technical I have no idea what people are talking about. It would be nice if things could get dumbed down some. Probably kinda hard to do though since they are used to talking this way. You learn a lot from just lurking. Otherwise carry on.

I'm sorry. Not all non mets are like this but a lot of us are. When we do get are questions answered they can get so technical I have no idea what people are talking about. It would be nice if things could get dumbed down some. Probably kinda hard to do though since they are used to talking this way. You learn a lot from just lurking. Otherwise carry on.

You will see i ( and a few others as well ) tend to do the same when it comes to monthly/seasonal forecasting as we do the shorter range stuff and thus we *try* to avoid getting too technical so all can better understand what is being said etc. Chuck does not have a problem explaining it as well as a few other reg tags. Just gotta ask.

You will see i ( and a few others as well ) tend to do the same when it comes to monthly/seasonal forecasting as we do the shorter range stuff and thus we *try* to avoid getting too technical so all can better understand what is being said etc. Chuck does not have a problem explaining it as well as a few other reg tags. Just gotta ask.

Alright thanks for the advice. You are a prime example of a non met who knows what they are talking about and I agree Chuck seems to be open to questions. Thanks for your good posts on this board!

I am sorry that I have not put out some reasoning. I have had two sick children and now I am battling the flu as well.

I am going to be adding a map that outlines the risk for what I believe could be a historic severe weather outbreak from roughly the Mississippi River east between the Ides of March and April 30.

Archived