Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Changed: Coastal event of 6Z 2/21 GFS 2/25 event

Mikehobbyst

New London is relatively small compared to the cities you just mentioned

I named it so he would have a frame of reference...it is likely the largest town from east of New Haven to the Rhode Island line along 95.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I named it so he would have a frame of reference...it is likely the largest town from east of New Haven to the Rhode Island line along 95.

Wikipedia says Groton has a larger population than New London...whatever.

Westhampton: eastern

Shirley: central

Islip: central

Farmingdale: western

JFK and LGA: NYC

All areas east of the town of Brookhaven are part of the East End...there are five towns that constitute this area...which I'll rename at a later date...

Riverhead, Southold, Southampton, East Hampton.....What else is there? Maybe Shelter Island? But thats actually part of Southold town

Riverhead, Southold, Southampton, East Hampton.....What else is there? Maybe Shelter Island? But thats actually part of Southold town

Yes.

The first big CT city up Interstate 95 is Stamford...then Bridgeport, then New Haven...finally New London near the R.I. border.

Fwiw, Norwalk, which is between Stamford and Bridgeport, has a population of 83,185 (I realize that because it's less than 100,000, it would therefore be disqualified as a big city) and Stamford has 118,475, per Wikipedia.

Fwiw, Norwalk, which is between Stamford and Bridgeport, has a population of 83,185 (I realize that because it's less than 100,000, it would therefore be disqualified as a big city) and Stamford has 118,475, per Wikipedia.

I'm trying to provide him with a geographical frame of reference so he can better picture the locations of the larger towns in coastal CT...I have not committed to memory the populations of these towns...my memory of the sequence of towns is based heavily upon trips my father took me on many years ago when we went up into New England on 95 after passing Cos Cob...

Well this is a strange thread!!!! Back to CNN and the impending death of Gadafhi!!!:gun_bandana:

It is an imperfect world in which we live...

Archived