• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
FEB 18 CWG blog

usedtobe

with the mild temps before the storm, to worry about rush hour tuesday is a bit premature considering the model differences and temps, even if their cold enough, ground temps are too damn warm. Getting excited about this is, , well, kinda boring. Considering this winter, I wont worry about it until monday aftn. What the hell. I,m enjoying the warmth. It might be heavy snow or it might not????

with the mild temps before the storm, to worry about rush hour tuesday is a bit premature considering the model differences and temps, even if their cold enough, ground temps are too damn warm. Getting excited about this is, , well, kinda boring. Considering this winter, I wont worry about it until monday aftn. What the hell. I,m enjoying the warmth. It might be heavy snow or it might not????

All I was saying is it is worth monitoring. I doubt it will be heavy snow but....I'm not prescient.

Elevation will be a big factor this time. This could be the kind of storm where northern MD gets 4-6" while DC gets a dusting.

It could be but fairly small changes to the palyers could impact the track and it could still edge back southward or northward a little. Shift the NAM sfc low south 50 miles and it would make a big difference in the temps.

It could be but fairly small changes to the palyers could impact the track and it could still edge back southward or northward a little. Shift the NAM sfc low south 50 miles and it would make a big difference in the temps.

Yes, but since this storm will be preceded by a torch on Monday, I don't think anyone east of the fall line should count on any meaningful accumulation. At least that is how I recall most storms with suddenly colder temps, like 12/5/2009. Of course you know more than I do.

Yes, but since this storm will be preceded by a torch on Monday, I don't think anyone east of the fall line should count on any meaningful accumulation. At least that is how I recall most storms with suddenly colder temps, like 12/5/2009. Of course you know more than I do.

I don't remember that many torches to snow even though upper 50s to snow isn't unusual in March. That might be something for Ian to look for.

Archived