• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
With Spring around the corner, its time to star thinking about severe weather

IsentropicLift

Last summer was certainly very active in and around the NYC area with regards to severe weather. The season was highlighted with a tornadic storm which swept through parts of NYC. Is this a sign of things to come? Could the extreme heat be playing a role?

Long time until we get into severe wx season, usually doesn't get going until late May and usually June around these parts. We've got to get through a good three months of what I call "backdoor season." We tend to have the most marine influence in the spring months.

Long time until we get into severe wx season, usually doesn't get going until late May and usually June around these parts. We've got to get through a good three months of what I call We tend to have the most marine influence in the spring months.

Can't forget those types of storms like last March/April, that one was the worst storm I've ever experienced and that includes being brushed by Hurricane Dennis, an apocalyptic psychotic Tampa thunderstorm, a severe DC area ice storm, among many other events. The front of the car was being lifted up by winds and trees were falling left and right, scariest thing ever lol.

Archived