• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Seattle, WA Part II

LocoAko

Great pics man! Glad you got to go. Sounds like a blast. Any good presentations or research that caught your attention?

Mt. Rainier is sick. The prominence is absolutely stunning--I want to say it goes from 2000 feet to 14,000 feet. The relief is spectacular. A nice mountain wave developing in the last image toothumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great pics man! Glad you got to go. Sounds like a blast. Any good presentations or research that caught your attention?

Mt. Rainier is sick. The prominence is absolutely stunning--I want to say it goes from 2000 feet to 14,000 feet. The relief is spectacular. A nice mountain wave developing in the last image toothumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I did have a blast and can't wait for New Orleans next year! A fair amount of the presentations were over my head and I saw so many that they're blurring together, but I particularly remember an overview of 2010 in a climatological perspective, a presentation about the new 1981-2010 normals coming out, an analysis of the OK Ice Storm last year, lightning as it relates to tropical cyclone intensification, lightning in North Pacific extratropical cyclones, and using LIDAR for very small-scale features in supercells, as well as how to more effectively communicate climate science.

And yeah, upon some research, apparently Mount Rainier is the most prominent mountain in the contiguous United States. It certainly was impressive considering I've ever only seen some of the smaller Appalachian mountains. Makes me really want to see the Rockies!

Archived