• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
snow lovers crystal ball blog for Tue/Wed

usedtobe

Great write-up, as usual, Wes -- don't know where the confusion's coming from, as some commenters indicated. Pretty depressing *WINTER* forecast early this week, but we do need the precip, no matter what form it decides to arrive in...

Thanks, I think some people just want to know what your best shot is without an explanation of how complicated the situation is. Well north and west of the city, temps could very well end up being colder than forecast.

Wes - it is common for an overrunning event to be spaced so temporally close to potential convection? In this region I cannot recall any prior instance of freezing rain and thunder separated by less than 24 hours.

The thunder may or may not occur. the 18Z nam really looks quite a bit colder in the low levels with a stronger inversion. Its soundings suggest freezing rain for Frederick and others north and west of the city. I didn't look at Leesburg but wouldn't be surprised if they too were colder. It would be unusual to get thunder with such an event.

The thunder may or may not occur. the 18Z nam really looks quite a bit colder in the low levels with a stronger inversion. Its soundings suggest freezing rain for Frederick and others north and west of the city. I didn't look at Leesburg but wouldn't be surprised if they too were colder. It would be unusual to get thunder with such an event.

Nothing out here with the first batch but all of the second batch is frozen

Before this trend colder is over we could see the cities ESP Baltimore get into the more frozen prcip . At this time of year you don't have to have the 500s on your side or even the 850s Iv noticed the the 1000/850 can get you snow this time of year. I mean it all depends on the set up but if we can get the pv to stay put longer and move this thing south and east a bit we could have more cad going on

Archived