amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Richmond Metro/ Hampton roads obs/disco winter thread

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

House was the right price...property is actually in goochland, though the zip is Mineral....15 miles west of Manakin Sabot on Broad st rd.

We haven't closed, but I am hopeful. Conrgats on the new addition!

It's crazy how big the "Mineral" mailing area is. My mom has a place at Lake Anna that is also a Mineral mailing address and it's probably 30 miles or more from where you describe.

Thanks. We're currently trying to get said addition asleep. Not working so well.

It's crazy how big the "Mineral" mailing area is. My mom has a place at Lake Anna that is also a Mineral mailing address and it's probably 30 miles or more from where you describe.

Thanks. We're currently trying to get said addition asleep. Not working so well.

Yep. I can't understand how this address is Mineral, but whatever. It is no more than 20 minutes to Short Pump.

The joys of parenthood! Hope your child shares our passion for weather,

b/c RIC does not equal Chester! Dude does have a snow shield over him!

DT is one of the best we have......We all wish he were less polarizing, but he actually knows what he is saying (unlike the guys in the DC thread outside of Baroclinic)

In western Henrico, I received 12 inches on Jan 30 of last year. THAT was the first storm to break 10 inches since 2000.

And, on a final note, I am moving out to Mineral VA within 3 months. That should firmly remove me from the I-95 RIC screw zone. Amazing to think that 40 miles makes a difference, but it does.

You didn't get over 10" from Dec. 2009? I received 10.5" from that one.

Can someone do me the favor of bottom lining where the models stand after the 12z runs today?

I probably won't have time to peruse the DC/Balt weenie thread but I need to know how much stuff to buy at the store tomorrow if there's a chance I get snowed in.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

GFS has trended towards Euro/GGEM. But looks OTS... 1 more frame and we'll know

EDIT: OTS

12zgfs850mbTSLPp06102.gif

I love reading the AFD's out of the NWS offices. This is from RNK's AFD that came out this morning:

THE GFS IS DISQUALIFYING ITSELF WITH ITS FLIP FLOPPINESS AND WAS LARGELY DISREGARDED.

"Flip floppiness" is now officially my favorite phrase. I'll be using that in everyday conversation.

Mets just love to hate on the GFS. It has done well this year.

Archived