Jump to content

Natester

Members
  • Posts

    1,223
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Natester

  1. What about February 5-6, 2008? I swear we got a foot from that.
  2. Realistically those totals should be slashed in half, no way that'll verify.
  3. Calling it, CR only gets 3-4 inches of snow from this while IC gets 5-6 inches. Chicago doesn't get much either due to the drying. At least we had the December 29, 2020 dumping of 8 inches here.
  4. Speaking of that, it's been 11 years since we had a 10"+ inch storm.
  5. I don't see CR getting 6 inches from this storm. I'd say we'd get 4-5 inches from this.
  6. This video was uploaded on August 17, taken possibly at Lindale in Cedar Rapids. Highlight of this video is the husband is very calm while the wife is freaking out.
  7. I'm pretty sure hawkeye will get his power back this weekend unless he already has it back.
  8. Just got power back after 9 days. Won't have wifi for awhile as the cable lines need to be replaced but I can live with that. Finally nice to have A/C going and the fan.
  9. https://kamala.cod.edu/offs/KDVN/2008191630.nwus53.html
  10. DVN found damage consistent with 140 mph winds in a destroyed apartment complex in SW Cedar Rapids.
  11. One week later and I'm still without power. Might not get restored until this weekend. Anyways, I'm glad that I still have a house to live in. Sleeping when the room temperature is in the mid 80s is not pleasant lol.
  12. NWS DVN found damage consistent to a category 4 hurricane in Linn County. Winds were up to 130 mph. Of course, I doubt there was ever a derecho that produced winds in the category 5 range. 130 mph is almost as high the winds in a derecho can go.
  13. Late reply here. Trees in the backyard are shredded, as with all of the trees in the neighborhood. No damage to the house asides 3 broken windows. I don't anticipate getting power back until at least Saturday or Sunday. Got battery powered fans and non perishable food from Waterloo Walmart yesterday. Also, very glad that we still have running water. Alliant is going to have a field day taking care of that cluster of shredded trees that brought down power lines behind the house. At least no power poles were snapped near where I live. Worst storm that I've ever been through.
  14. Compiled this playlist of all of the videos that I could find of the tornadoes on April 27, 2011. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLm_yeRok75NttgF3fZOvt2X7dLS5NfJtj
  15. New footage of the Tuscaloosa tornado. At the 35 second mark, you'll notice that it gets dark very quickly. After watching the video a few times, it appears that the tornado passed just feet from their house.
  16. Not sure if anyone has seen this video. An 18-wheeler drives drives right into the tornado. He's lucky since the tornado had weaken to an EF2 when it crossed the interstate.
  17. This is a new video of the joplin tornado. It shows it going from wall cloud to wedge tornado in just 60 seconds.
  18. Lol why is kush censored? XD

×
×
  • Create New...