-
Posts
4,066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by 78Blizzard
-
-
That ICON run will prove to be the outlier.
-
14 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:
Haha - why not! I mean don’t fear it! We know some will be missed but the fun is the ride! Yes it stinks to have a storm disappear but the ride along the way of it hits is awesome! I won’t start it as I may get kicked out of here being the new guy
Especially if you started a thread for it 6+ days out. The toaster baths and bridge jumping then goes up exponentially.
-
10 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:
When do we get Zeus to start a thread for good juju ???
Usually the juju turns out not good when starting a thread 6 days out.
-
1
-
-
19 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:
I feel like too many people forgot about the great blizzard of 2005. That’s the one storm I know of that competes with the blizzard of ‘78. I’m 36 years old; it’s the biggest storm of my entire life.
I was in Providence, and we got roughly 3 feet.That 2005 was a great storm. But N RI had an area that received over 50" in the blizzard of '78. I was around for that one living in Randolph, MA at the time. We had close to 4' there, despite what the KU books say. Opening the garage door yielded nothing but snow from top to bottom.
-
1
-
-
The big difference from the 6z run is that the high to the north remained in place rather than moving out, pushing the storm further south.
-
Nice eye candy for mby on the 12z Euro. Most likely as good as it will get and it will be all downhill from here, lol. Not getting invested in this, as I remember ly when we had all those 7-8 day potentials only to see them disappear by day 4. A winter to forget.
-
7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:
Yeah that was the winter....2009-2010. It still gives a lot of people PTSD about a -NAO despite what happened the next winter with a strong -NAO....then 2013 and now this March.
Ill say to wiz, confluence isn't a bad thing. It's only bad when it's so strong we get whiffed. But confluence helps with frontogenesis so you can wring out extra precip too...and on would-be rainers, it can force them underneath us for snow instead.
Yeah, I remember attending the Blue Hill Observatory 125th anniversary with my son in late January, 2010 on a brutal cold day here. Paul Kocin and Dr. Louis Uccellini were following the big storm hitting the mid Atlantic while they were giving their lecture.
-
1
-
-
Just shoveled the front walkway and measured 18 inches. That area is not subject to drifting like the driveway, so an accurate figure. Could have lost an inch due to compaction since it wasn't measured during the storm. Also, there is a band about to come through with another one now flaring up further west, so could add another 1 or 2 inches to that.
-
-
Visibility here now 1/4 mile or less. Really dumping.
-
Just now, weathafella said:
Yes. I bet we end up with 16-18 after all.
The guy across the street snow blowed his driveway about an hour ago, and judging from the sides of the paths we already have over a foot here.
-
Just now, weathafella said:
Legit pouring snow now.
Heaviest here now since this AM.
-
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:
It looks like that band further west is consolidating with that death band, so there may not be much of a lull between them by the time it gets here.
-
-
-
-
We are in a screw hole here right now.





December 2020 Discussion
in New England
Posted
You could see it at hr 144 with the contour of the isobars indicating an E movement.