-
Posts
5,059 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by lakeeffectkid383
-
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
What?! That's absolutely insane and moronic. What a joke. That's like the car companies allowing deferred payments on loans and leases are charging $200 fee for each month you have to defer. Thats 2/3 of most people's car payments. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I know in New York there are deferring mortgage paymnets for 3 months as of now too and that might even be a Federal thing not just NY. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I thought they said they were going to be doing voluntary furloughs but didn’t hear they were going to be laying off that many people mandatorily. Maybe the Governor allowing elective surgeries again in some counties (not Erie) will save some jobs? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Who is that? Here’s a list of WNY top employers, I’m not sure which ones are essential/non essential for sure but most of them seem essential. New York State (23,800) Federal Government (14,680) Kaleida Health (8,194) Catholic Health (7,368) Buffalo City School District (7,115) SUNY at Buffalo (7,071) M&T Bank (7,013) Erie County (5,000) Wegmans (4,989) Tops (4,795) Erie County Medical Center (3,450) Roswell Park (3,239) Geico (3,200) Seneca Gaming (3,032) HSBC and Moog (tied at 3,000) -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
He’s absolutely not wrong. He was ticked off today by that reporter and quite frankly I don’t blame him. There’s places all over WNY hiring from Walmart and Amazon to Salhens hot dogs and many many more. Obviously it’s not a job in their current profession but if they’re too stubborn to apply for unemployment and are running out of money then go apply somewhere that’s hiring even if it’s only temporary until their current non essential job opens back up. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
That article makes no sense. They’re doing good but yet their testing per capita is far lower than the US at 9000 test per million compared to our 12000 test per million. Also has a death rate of 191 people per million compared to 141 per million in the US... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I heard him say 2 months or even longer, but I swore he said he would still open things up region by region as I posted earlier not County by County. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yeah up to 250 now hospitalized here and in the last 3 days there’s been 140 new admissions compared to 70 discharges, definitley still on an upswing here. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Cuomo just did his daily press conference from Roswell Park in Buffalo and he said he’s going to be allowing elective surgery’s in New York again excluding NYC, Albany, and Buffalo. He also said he’s going to be dividing up NYS into regions including , WNY (Buffalo) , CNY (Syracuse) , Finger Lakes (Rochester), Southern Tiger (Elmira/Bing), Mohawk Valley, Hudson Valley, North Country, NYC, Long Island. He said each region will have a specific person in charge of figuring out a plan for that region to open back up because some places are obviously worse hit than others. He also said Erie County appears to be at the Plateau but would not be surprised for it to continue to ascend. According to Erie County the peak here is anywhere from May 20th to June 20th depending what model you look at. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Scary article that also touches what your talking about. Let’s just hope the Bills can stay out of this mess... https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/4/20/21228062/buffalo-bills-owners-kim-terry-pegula-facing-low-morale-cost-cutting-across-organizations/comment/526643752?_gl=1*lirjjn* -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Bet no one knew Cleveland and San Francisco combined have less deaths (75 total) than Erie a County. In fact Erie Count has more than double. Erie County has a population around 925,000 compared to over 5 million between Cleveland and San Francisco. Maybe they’re further from their peaks than we are but I found that to be quite surprising. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
2221 now in Erie County as of early afternoon but an increase of 27 deaths over the weekend so we are now up to 162 deaths in Erie County. Earlier during the Cuomo press conference they said the peak for Erie County would not be until June. That seems really late to me but I do realize we are going to be a few weeks behind NYC... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Agree it’s what we need but the number that they are capable of doing is literally negligible. Maximum they can run is 150 test a day. Just to put it in perspective it would take over 17 years at that rate just to test everyone in Erie County. There is a huge shortage of these test that the Governor just said in his press conference and this stems from the Federal Government manufacturers and there is no idea when they will be able to get up to a meaningful volume of test. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I could be wrong but from what I understand the County Executives do not have the power to overrule an executive order from the Governor. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Not sure what's more accurate. I saw the same article this morning about the 4000+ deaths yesterday on this morning news from Apple News from the Wall Street Journal. However I'm reluctant to believe it as Worldometers has been the most accurate count to date so far, and that number of deaths would be nearly double the previous record of 2500 set earlier this week. If it is true it's staggering but I'm not sure where they are getting that number from.. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I do grocery pickup from Walmart, totally free and contactless. You pay over the app. They sign for you if you ask them too so you don’t have to touch their iPad and they load everything right in your trunk for you. Once I get home I spray everything down with Lysol and wipe it down with disinfectant wipes one by one before I bring them in, and yes it takes quite a while but definitley something worth doing imo as like you said you don’t know who has touched it while shopping for the order, and the virus can live on cardboard and packaging for at least 24 hours. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I've eaten out 1 time in the last 6 weeks. Before this I would eat out 3-5 times a week but I just don't trust it right now, not worth the risk. Plus I'm saving tons of money by not eating out. I'm spending about 100 bucks a week on groceries for all meals where as before I was spending 200 weekly just on eating out and still probably 50-60 bucks a week on groceries as well. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
This is a great site with the ability to look back at previous days as well. https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Yes I think new hospitalizations is key not just looking at total hospitalized because as more people die each die obviously the numbers or total hospitalized will go down. Example: at the end of March the New York State daily hospitalizations may have been 2000 but there were only 200-300 daily deaths so over the course of a week that’s 14,000 hospitalized and only 1400-2100 deaths in a week where now we have 2000 hospitalizations daily but 700-1000 + people dying daily so now we have 4900-7000+ deaths in a week combined with the daily discharges it makes it look like things are stabilizing when in fact they are not there numbers just leveling off due to more deaths. The key numbers to look at are daily new admissions and daily discharges (not including deaths). You want to see a continued trend of lower daily admissions and higher daily discharges before I would even begin to be encouraged.... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Erie County is now up to 101 deaths, up from 73 this morning. Before this the previous high for daily deaths was 9, today we lost 28. Extremely sad and unfortunately I think the slight downward trend the last few days may have just been a blip and were more plateauing with room for things to get worse again if things are opened up too soon or with continued lack of testing/antibody testing/intense contact tracing. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I actually left the post office. Place is a tire fire. My buddy who works there I talked to today said 1/3 of the employees are now out either sick,quarantining, or having to stay home with their kids. I’m going back to my old job so I’ll be working right next to you in Hamburg again lol. Post office will be closed by June without a huge bailout. The original stimulus plan passed by the senate had a 25 billion in bailout $$, the one that passed after going through the house only includes a 10 billion dollar loan, which wouldn’t even cover their total debt now which is 11 billion. They’ve had many bailouts before but this one is needed bad. Never has the mail volume been lighter than during this pandemic. Without it they won’t have the money to pay anyone by June. They’re a failing business and I’m glad to be outta there, especially when they can show such disregard to people’s health and safety as a government agency. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Definitley a good thing but proceed with caution. If you look back the last 3 Sunday’s in a row have a drop off in cases and deaths because some states don’t report until Monday or Tuesday and that’s why you’ll sometime see a surge then too... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Things continuing to go downhill quickly here. Up over 1050 cases in Erie county and 26 deaths with over 850 cases still active as well as 39 new cases confirmed in a nursing home in Orchard Park. That’s got bad news written all over it. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Call and talk to them and I guarantee you they’ll waive the fee. Has happened to me before well before this Coronavirus crisis. If they don’t especially in this time Id be shocked. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
lakeeffectkid383 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Can't remember who I heard it from but some expert on TV said whatever the reported numbers are to multiply it by 11 to get the real number of cases. Also can't find the source but I'm really searching hard to find it that Erie County is far and away the lowest tested county per capita in New York State. At one point I remember Erie County had only preformed about 1100 test with 1,000,000 population where as Onondaga County had performed like 2300 test with 450,000 population in the same time frame. It really is getting bad here with how many people I know personally who have this or likely have it because they've been in contact with a positive testing person but can't get testing.
