Jump to content

Arnold214

Moderator Meteorologist
  • Posts

    2,194
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arnold214

  1. I think for you (and me) it all hinges on the strength of that temperature gradient (and hence the strength of the frontogenesis) around 600 mb. As well as how long it takes for those flakes to cut through the very dry air in place. If the mid level low opens up or starts to occlude and as a result doesn’t allow for that strong mid level ascent, then we’re kinda porked.
  2. I think it will be. But if it isn’t, on the bright side, you’ll have plenty of ham for Christmas.
  3. Lol, Rockingham county is totally pork piped. By miss piggy with a s**** - on.
  4. Streamlines probably have some sort of smoothing factor involved.
  5. Most of the HREF members are very high res. Could just be local upslope/downslope effects also.
  6. Porky pig will probably remain just north of your fanny.
  7. That pork pipe there near MHT on several models that it's actually showing up on the NBM. That area caught between 2 forcing mechanisms.
  8. That northern band is tied nicely to warm front at 600mb. Strongly sloped ascent in the mid levels is good for the soul.
  9. Kootchie likes the white stuff too much in this here case.
  10. Don't want to drop a sonde down someone's chimney.
  11. I know wxbell and pivotal weather have it. I haven't looked elsewhere but it should be.
  12. I think a few more may have been added...but the general idea.
  13. 12 years ago. Obscene snow amounts in Maine. I worked this event at Upton but I can't recall why that screw zone occurred in SE CT.
  14. I saw an amazing display one winter night up there over at Willoughby...I can't remember what year it was...probably 96 or 97. What time did you witness the best stuff Monday night?
  15. you and me both. I still can't get over that one. Waking up to a very light rain/snow mix and a couple of peeks of sun was a real treat after basically closing down the state 12 hours earlier.
  16. here's a google maps shot of the sheraton (labled A) and the candy-cane pained tower(s) directly behind the hotel.
  17. yeah, the most memorable vision engrained in my head from that day was some dude outside my hotel room window trying to clean off his car with lightning all over the place. what an idiot. like that guy was going to get anywhere in the middle of that. I remember him looking up at the sky in the direction of the tv towers after a close lightning strike and probably thinking he was next. Those are WFXT towers directly behind the hotel.
  18. yeah well, 4"/hr rates with rediculous thundersnow will do that to you. yeah, was supposed to be at the 'ol friday evening wedding. missed the wedding, made it to the reception (which is what counts, no?). I always smile when I drive past the sheraton in Needham on 128...and always will. What a crazy day that was. That level of thundersnow will never be matched again. I like to call that event "the december MCS with snow".
  19. Probably the quickest onset of S+ I've ever seen.
  20. This mainly to bust Will's balls. Still, this snowstorm probably makes my top 5 list.
  21. The 15.8" I got from that was a little disappointing when I look back on it. That could have been my 20 incher. My folks got like 8-10 more than me, lol. Banding was too transient over my place.
×
×
  • Create New...