I think the point about not encouraging people to work is why they will give it to both the employed and unemployed. We’re already seeing people not wanna work because of the extra $600 being given out weekly to unemployed. I hope to hell the $2000 sunsets the $600/week though...other wise you could be taking home about $8100 a month unemployed, with all but $2k of that untaxed.
Ya I don’t know enough to say wether the debt portion really hurts us. If the economy grows to out pace it then it doesn’t really matter I guess. You’re spot on with the spending...I know for my wife and I the entire 1st 4K would be blown on crap we don’t need lol.
This idea has been floating around for a bit. I don't want anyone to suffer but this makes no sense. 99% of Americans fall into $130K or less. With roughly 200M Americans over 18 that means approx. $450B per month of national debt for the next 6 months, not including cost of implementation.
100.5
she just got her results. Negative. So prob just a run of the mill flu.
good to see that not only can they get you tested in less than 24 hours but also results in about 30 hours.
Fever, sore throat, dry cough and body aches. Crazy thing is that she hasn’t left the house since 3/16 so whatever it is she caught from me with no symptoms.
Don’t think it was Trump. This is also on there.
Hospitalization rates for COVID-19 in adults (18-64 years) are higher than hospitalization rates for influenza at comparable time points* during the past 5 influenza seasons.
Erie county departments ordered to cut this year’s budget by 15%. That’s probably close to 15% reduction in jobs for one of the areas largest employers. Nys unemployment fund will run out of money in only a few months at this rate.
Yesterday at work we questioned whether some businesses would take the loans and simply pass on the money to their employees. As long as they use 75% of it for payroll the loan is forgiven...
I think they realized they could be making more money. I just paid 2.34 yesterday for premium at Delta, and that was with a $.35 unlimited member discount .
By far the biggest thing I've learned from this is that should we ever face some existential threat, I.E. comet, meteor, super volcano etc. that it will be an absolute shit show.
We need to rip the band aid off. We should be allowing this to spread as fast as hospitals can handle. Instead entire healthcare systems are on their way to bankruptcy.
No we haven't seen anything like that. Our field welders have been traveling to and from Ohio every week with NY plates and haven't been stopped.
Id scratch maine of the list of places to vaca.