Jump to content

Buckeyes_Suck

Members
  • Posts

    2,693
  • Joined

Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck

  1. Yeeeeasssssssss. It happening! Sleet/mix in Clarence. Merry Xmas everyone!
  2. I work in industrial automation...the fuel cell plants I did work on were completely automated and remotely controlled. The lithium manifacturing plants i worked on were too toxic for anyone to be onsite and also completely automated. Even this week I’ve been remotely working in Joplin Missouri making program upgrades. I don’t think automating the plant would be a barrier whatsoever.
  3. I don’t disagree with you. I just don’t think huge amounts of land should be dedicated to solar and wind. I think rooftop solar should be mandatory like CA and all subsidies for wind removed. I do think we’ll be surprised on time frame for Fusion. Just like with the covid vaccine there’s just too much money at stake.
  4. I keep forgetting this too...fusion is the future. If Lockheed doesn’t figure it out ITER will. So any investment in industrial solar or wind is wasteD money, and the people who are at the top of these industries know that. Solar and wind are the equivalent to 8 tracks, cds, dvds, Blu-ray’s...
  5. I don’t believe federal is the issue. Every project I’ve worked on has been state subsidies, and without state money none of the projects would have happened. Like I said show me a solar or wind company that was able to startup without help.
  6. I’m afraid I’ll be too far south in Clarence for once lol
  7. I’ve been advocating this same approach from the beginning, even saying I’d volunteer to be infected. Controversial maybe, but not callous or disgusting. If you’re young and healthy you have so many things that are statistically more likely to kill or harm you.
  8. The policy in place for flu vaccine is that they are to wear a mask if not vaccinated. I’m not sure of the legal ramifications of forced vaccinations but could imagine it would be challenging.
  9. So...I heard that an open clinic was held for frontline healthcare workers and very few people showed...
  10. My trip to st Lucia next month is still a go and we’re planning either Iceland or Spain next fall. All sorts of great deals out there right now. Only downside is flight schedules seem to have been trimmed.
  11. I’m slightly older so I remember growing up knowing nothing but winning. And then I got to high school and it was all downhill from there.
  12. Cardinals got lucky on a Hail Mary. Titans are pretty good if you haven’t noticed. Bills defense has been looking a lot like last years and they’re getting healthy. Offense is moving the ball at will even wo John Brown. So ya I’d say I’d least want to see the chiefs in the playoffs.
  13. Never been in the closet on the fact that we are generally de-evolving. Idiocracy got it right.
  14. Because the article leaves out the fact that many of those people would not have died had they been healthy. Instead it’s written with a headline meant to grab clicks and make people even more paranoid.
  15. That headline is slightly deceiving...many of those people dying of covid would have died of heart disease.
  16. Wrong. Name one solar or wind power manufacturer who is t heavily leveraging tax credits. Locally solar city is getting over $750M. FCE, who I did engineering work on, wouldn’t even exist without heavy govt subsidies. They also only exist because of carbon credits as they are now being used to eat carbon emissions from coal and gas power plants. I’m not saying keep burning fossil fuels. I think solar and nuclear should be the future with nat gas being used to compensate for load demands. (Solar and nuclear can’t adjust fast enough.)
  17. There are only two long term solutions. Herd immunity and eradication. If the vaccines are as good as advertised then eradication is possible. But in general flattening the curve is all about allowing the virus to spread at a slower rate, not stopping it completely.
  18. They better find somewhere else...I get what they’re trying to accomplish but that’s kind of crazy.
×
×
  • Create New...