Jump to content

Buckeyes_Suck

Members
  • Posts

    2,693
  • Joined

Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck

  1. Lol. @40westwx has no idea how infection happens. The masks aren’t a guarantee against infection. They simply reduce the chance for infection by allowing fewer of the virus to be inhaled or expelled as aerosols by you. Inhaling a single virus won’t make you sick. You need sufficient virus loading( or bacteria) to make you sick. For example, I work in food and beverage and design equipment to keep you getting food poisoning. The food you eat is still teeming with bacteria, however enough of it has been killed to prevent you from getting sick from it.
  2. Won’t be watching this one but will def be watching the Eddie hall and Thor fight next year. Last boxing match I watched was Tyson Holyfield.
  3. Sorry didn’t mean to pick on Tops, was just top of mind as an example of large stores allowed to be open while gyms were forced to shutdown. I agree that stores aren’t spreading corona, and gyms aren’t either. Seems like it’s being in close contact for a period of time that’s the trick.
  4. This same thing happens in a grocery store. Gotta find that perfectly ripe melon... When I had a gym membership I always wiped down the equip when I was done. Recently when I was in MO for work the local gyms were open and everyone was wiping down before and after.
  5. Proof of said filthiness? The dirtiest gyms I’ve been in are still way cleaner than any Walmart or Tops.
  6. Looks like they’re going to use the money to fight the shutdown for gyms, not pay the fine. I think it’s a start, and I don’t see why gyms are being singled out.
  7. https://gf.me/u/y94m6q https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county-comptroller-starts-gofundme-for-gym-owner-fined-15000-for-large-gathering/
  8. Craziness in China. https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=stlvU_1606106155 https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/chaos-erupts-at-shanghai-airport-after-mass-covid-19-testing-ordered/
  9. LOLZ^^^ Looks like airlines are starting to pull back. Jetblue just canceled a flight of mine in January and looks to be running a skeleton schedule between here and JFK.
  10. And you can no longer get tested unless you have symptoms. Further moving the % positive upward.
  11. Meanwhile epicenter China goes on without a beat. This seems like an alternate plot to Red Storm Rising. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/18/economy/china-q3-gdp-intl-hnk/index.html
  12. I think this is genius. Going to need some creativity to get people traveling internationally again. https://www.travelandleisure.com/airlines-airports/jetblue/jetblue-aruba-covid-testing
  13. They can borrow to cover deficits, and borrowed $11B for FY2020. Technically that's a deficit unless you can argue that the interest paid on the money borrowed is more than paid back by whatever you borrowed the money for.
  14. Stuff like anti virals and anti coagulants, maybe homeopathic is the wrong term.
  15. Good info. I do think that aspirin use and other homeopathic treatments have helped reduce hospitalization, and mortality has been reduced due to better treatment of those hospitalized.
  16. I'd be good with that as long as its as crazy as what PA did with masks in your own house.
  17. Lol that's not what he's saying. Hes simply saying that the better testing is showing the spread more accurately. This is a good thing as it might mean that mortality is lower than expected because more people were infected in the beginning than reported.
  18. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/opinion/coronavirus-school-closures.html
  19. You’re wrong on this point. Without heavy subsidies it’s not cheaper yet. (Won’t be for some time) And countries like the US and can afford that, but what happens in India? Or how about when Africa starts industrializing? What we do here in the US and Europe (China is a joke) won’t do anything to slow the warming that will be caused by that. I’m not saying to be irresponsible with the environment, I’m saying the money being subsidized would be best spent relocating people, infrastructure improvements like flood control for NYC harbor, and investments in fission and fusion power.
  20. Treatment has dramatically improved. Look at what we learned about how the virus causes hypoxia. You’re kind of late to the game on this Thread but we’ve previously talked about how intubation was a mistake for many of the early cases and caused unnecessary deaths.
  21. Ya I forgot about testing rates. Prob a combo of the two factors.
×
×
  • Create New...