-
Posts
5,333 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by CT Valley Snowman
-
-
7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:
Ya…was gonna say, I have no recollection of that. But then I saw what you wrote about it being a Mass special.
There was some damage up here near the border, Enfield/Suffield/Granby area. I recall a burst of strong winds. We were right on the edge.
-
2
-
-
8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:
Remember this one? Nobody in CT does. Mass special.
The northern CT border towns do. But yes, definitely worse to the north.
-
1 hour ago, dendrite said:
24° at Maple Hollow!
Fakersville FTW!!
-
-
-
-
Down from 60 to 41.
-
47 and dropping like a rock
-
I think we can pull a 60 high to 32 by morning here in this pit. Radiators mount up.
-
1
-
-
First 30's with a low of 39.3.
-
1
-
-
Any hikers or mountain enthusiasts in here willing to chime in on the accuracy of Mountain-Forecast.com for summit conditions or other resources. Some of my nephews are looking into hiking Mt Lafayette in the Whites very early on Saturday morning. They're even talking about trying to summit for sunrise. They're young, healthy, solid hikers but they haven't done winter hikes and I'm making sure they are informed and prepared and honestly trying to talk them out of it. I even texted their mother and told her it's not advisable.
-
In ORH now. Observing foliage between home and here, generally low/moderate and areas of strong color. NE CT near Union seemed the furthest along.
-
1
-
-
BDL 88!
-
1
-
-
-
80 and dews. Toasty.
-
Mid 70's with dews today. Late summer feel.
-
Everyone knows Carville's "It's the economy, stupid". When the economy,inflation,cost of living etc are hitting Americans hard, it usually doesn't bode well for the party in power.
-
1
-
-
Not much sun here today so far, a bit in the morning. Sky cover forecasts have been too agressive/optimistic.
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, vortex95 said:
So highest I can find is 8.73" at Blue Hill. Any higher reports that did not make it into the PNS?
The pcpn gradients are all over the place. N Shore to S Shore in MA? Ern CC to wrn CC and ORH Co? Seems like frictional convergence played a role as coastal location were low (Rockport 1.20" and Scituate 2.91") and increased not that far inland.
Given the entire event was banded pcpn spiraling largely E to W, this makes sense.
Imagine the anguish some would be having here from royal screw zones if this was snow and seeing epic amounts not far away.
And for once, the max was within 5 mi of Weymouth!
Man I didn't realize the lower/outer Cape got pretty screwed rainfall wise.
-
1 hour ago, tamarack said:
Finished this event with 1.75", fortunately about 3 times more than I expected. Month up to 3.06" (average is 3.70"), almost enough to get Sandy River over the 25th percentile.
Colors here are at/near peak, with lots of red maples wonderfully bright. Birches and sugar maples approaching peak, white ash well past, about 75% leaf drop around here on that species.
Red oaks: Autumn? What's that?Peak seems a solid week early for you? Perhaps drought is playing a role?
-
Torch relative to the time of year on Thursday/Friday. 80-84 in this area.
-
9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:
1.76” final. Must be one of the lowest in SNE other than WMA and NW CT
1.97" here not much better. Not our storm. At least you had some bigger debris down, here was just some leaves.
-
Man I thought 1.6" was a dud here,looking at CEF it looks like they are at around .65 storm total? That area up to Belchertown, Amherst looks to have really gotten screwed.
-
1.5 storm total. Should slot pretty soon.


Winter 2026-2027 Speculation
in New England
Posted
I think going below average is fine, but I have too much respect for SNE climo, the CC related propensity for more extreme precip events including large snowfalls, and the 2nd half of winter "wildcard" pattern like 82-83 to just go complete ratter. I'd probably honestly go 25-40" in Boston rather than 15-30" if one was using 15" increments.