Jump to content

WinterWolf

Members
  • Posts

    21,592
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WinterWolf

  1. Lol….ya that’s only if it’s accumulating snow…flakes in the air doesn’t count.
  2. Well that’s what we get in October anyway…it’s mid October not mid December. A trough in the east is not pacific/zonal flow. And Vortex95 said just the opposite.
  3. Somebody was just saying Thursday I think, that there were no troughs, and cool weather in sight, due to the western Pac typhoons not recurving lol.
  4. lol….oh I thought ineedsnow posted that.
  5. The rain looks to be in here way ahead of what was thought. I was hoping it would hold off until 4-5 pm. But it looks to be here within the hour. Quite a bit too.
  6. Ahh let him fantasize…that’s his porn.
  7. Hey, it is what it is. That’s why we work. I don’t put a price on comfort. If it’s cold, the heat goes on. If it’s hot, the AC goes on. I’m not going to suffer to save a few dollars. But that’s just me.
  8. Yup, another soaking coming, on a Sunday yet again.
  9. Upper atmosphere is what matters. And you were at Elevation.
  10. It’s silly clowns like that that ruin a good board.
  11. Agreed. Just have to see how it plays out…but at the moment there’s model support. That’s all that can be said currently .
  12. lol…first of all at these lead times, it’s not worth much either way. And, there are no hard a fast rules that work in every scenario. Those that have any knowledge about weather, know this. And at this time of the year…nobody is forecasting cold, even if there is troughing in the eastern U.S., so I don’t really get what you’re saying? Troughing to produce a system is all that is being discussed.
  13. GFS says no….10/25 it has a monster trough and storm on the coast. Yup…it’s a junk model now, and way out in time, but it’s no different than saying what you’re saying. And why would we not want mild and comfortable in mid October? It’s exactly what we are supposed to have. Most of us have already had our first frost, and frozen vehicle morning just two days ago. We are stepping down nicely.
  14. I was on my to the gym(which is just over the line a mile or two)in chesire, and I came up to route 10, and that shot was in front of me, so I snapped a picture. Yes, we in Southington had the snow, as you can see in that picture, but Chesire it wasn’t sticking as well.
  15. This was 10/30/20….looking from Chesire to the ENE, toward the southeast side of Southington. Chesire had no accumulation, but as you can see, there is certainly accumulation off in the distance toward Southington.
  16. Ya…was gonna say, I have no recollection of that. But then I saw what you wrote about it being a Mass special.
  17. Oh ya, I do remember that…but its just kind of tiring…and silly, of course that’s just my opinion.
  18. Isaias is back again…can the NHC think up some different names? I mean, I think there’s been 3 different Eduardo’s too over the years. WTH?
  19. I will never agree with this nonsense. And I was 65 today..not 70. It was frosty this morning…truck was frozen everywhere. Nothing fake about that. I understand it completely. I don’t like the fake cold term. So you can realize that. John B. agreed completely. It’s a silly term. And nobody is arguing that the temp wasn’t going to rise, and get nice and comfortable today, that’s not the point.
  20. Understand it perfectly. It’s a silly statement. FXWX agrees 100%. Nothing is fake…it’s just low level. We perfectly understand.
  21. Or when it’s mild up above and cold at the surface and it’s freezing raining…is that fake too? See how silly.
  22. It’s just folks love to let everybody know that it’s just the low levels that are cooler than the overall air mass. It’s a f’n stupid saying. If we threw their naked asses out there in the fake cold ….would it still be fake? I doubt it. It’s as Dumb a saying as a box of rocks.
×
×
  • Create New...