• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential huge storm for midweek. Where's all the model threads?

The regional threads only deal with a potential storm over specific regional geographic areas.

Where did all the scientific interest go for storms during their whole trip towards the east coast?

The scientific interest ends once it leaves folks backyards?

Not at all, even in the regionals all science is there, nad the Mets too!.....check them out

I'm not a fan of the Balkanization of America, but some red tags do post in neighboring region forums.

I suppose once Winter is over, then severe weather season, always confined to the Central/Western forum unless it gets withing a couple hundred miles of I-95, everyone will get back into the main forum for tropical season.

Someone actually questioned me when I said 3/4 of the country is in a single subforum. Not sure of the exact population breakdown, but even parts of the Eastern time zone , the Central Great Lakes, are in that one forum for everyone not close to I-95.

But as Steve from Houston put it, I wasn't a long term Eastern poster (registered in 2005 during Katrina then forgot) and missed the subtleties of the board ethic.

I live in Texas, but our weather, while cool, is mondo boring, I grew up on Long island, I mostly lurk in the NYC or New England threads.

A successor forum to Eastern, a mega I-95 centric forum, no doubt attracts a large I-95 crowd. And subforums that put 3 plus time zones in a single forum and divides Pennsylvania and New York into multiple subforums will continue to attract an I-95 centric forum.

Good thing for me I like tornadoes, hurricanes, and Northeast snow storms.

Archived