• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Test Topic

Ender

Especially if we want to try to format them....actually maybe my question comes down to one of the code snippet functionality.

Does it function? If so shouldn't I be able to create an HTML table in a post?

Ah...I think I'm beginning to understand what I'd misunderstood. The code snippet thing isn't for what I thought it was.

Especially if we want to try to format them....actually maybe my question comes down to one of the code snippet functionality.

Does it function? If so shouldn't I be able to create an HTML table in a post?

Ah...I think I'm beginning to understand what I'd misunderstood. The code snippet thing isn't for what I thought it was.

The "preview post button" in the full editor? Right next to the "add reply" button.. :huh:

The "preview post button" in the full editor? Right next to the "add reply" button.. :huh:

Sorry, I should have better explained my problem. I'd like to be able to create formatted tables. Much like the look of an Excel table. Nice clean columns rather than lines of "almost lined up" text. One way to do that would be via a table with some form of HTML like code. It appears that there are provisions for this, but that they need to be allowed by the board admin. When I've tried to create a post using any of, or combination of, bbcode,

, [html] or other I end up with exactly what I typed rather than rendered tables. 

Yes, the preview post works just fine for validating that...but it didn't seem to address the need. Or at least my perceived need. My initial thought was that perhaps the preview post functionality wasn't actually rendering the post [i][b]exactly[/b][/i] as it'd be seen once finally posted. So, therefore, I went ahead and posted. Alas, the preview was a valid rendering--no pretty table. Then I figured, maybe this is something that each user needs to turn on via their settings. Nope. So, finally, after a bunch of Googling, I came to the conclusion that the functionality just might not be turned on. Thus, a useless topic, but one that I can't delete at this point.

Interesting, it would appear that the HTML code hasn't been turned on through the IPB CP. But curiously enough it works when doing a post...

Here is how it looks in editor:

post-119-0-55051600-1295358879.png

However when you go to post as you said it just shows up as a simple code wrapped text such as:

row 1, cell 1row 1, cell 2row 2, cell 1row 2, cell 2

This is one of the big annoyances with IPB, it gives you options that are not turned on in the backend.

Archived