Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This has always bothered me

Guest Noreaster

Guest Noreaster

I was watching Die Hard II the other day (my favorie one) and obviously the best part of the movie is the snow, LOL. However, when they are talking about the snow, they reference it as a series of cold fronts coming through, and lets be honest, a regular front isn't going to produce any real snow, unless you get an anafront situation. It has always bothered me, because if it were that easy to get that much snow from cold fronts, we wouldn't have to wait around for better storms.

The movie would have been better if it were talking about coastal storms. Also, the fronts are referenced as coming back to back, and that really isn't possible.

I don't know, I guess the point is, could you get a frontal situation that would produce as much snow as the movie shows?

Maybe I am just bored, oh well. Discuss.

I was watching Die Hard II the other day (my favorie one) and obviously the best part of the movie is the snow, LOL. However, when they are talking about the snow, they reference it as a series of cold fronts coming through, and lets be honest, a regular front isn't going to produce any real snow, unless you get an anafront situation. It has always bothered me, because if it were that easy to get that much snow from cold fronts, we wouldn't have to wait around for better storms. The movie would have been better if it were talking about coastal storms. Also, the fronts are referenced as coming back to back, and that really isn't possible. I don't know, I guess the point is, could you get a frontal situation that would produce as much snow as the movie shows? Maybe I am just bored, oh well. Discuss.

Hollywood doesn't know most about the rest of the world. I remember a week ago hearing an episode of American Dad where they referred to 395 in DC as "the 395". NO ONE in DC calls it "the 395". That's a California saying!

Hollywood doesn't know most about the rest of the world. I remember a week ago hearing an episode of American Dad where they referred to 395 in DC as "the 395". NO ONE in DC calls it "the 395". That's a California saying!

Ha ha ha, totally-- that way of referring to highways is a total Californiaism, and I didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out to me.

I was watching Die Hard II the other day (my favorie one) and obviously the best part of the movie is the snow, LOL. However, when they are talking about the snow, they reference it as a series of cold fronts coming through, and lets be honest, a regular front isn't going to produce any real snow, unless you get an anafront situation. It has always bothered me, because if it were that easy to get that much snow from cold fronts, we wouldn't have to wait around for better storms.

The movie would have been better if it were talking about coastal storms. Also, the fronts are referenced as coming back to back, and that really isn't possible.

I don't know, I guess the point is, could you get a frontal situation that would produce as much snow as the movie shows?

Maybe I am just bored, oh well. Discuss.

The general non-weather person seems to think every kind of weather is a cold front or some kind of front.

The general non-weather person seems to think every kind of weather is a cold front or some kind of front.

I blame the tv met community for some of this-- because most of the time when theyre talking about weather-- theyre talking about fronts.  Its mostly important only in the context of severe wx or when there is a huge change of temps behind the front (e.g., an arctic front.)

I've even seen some people meld the two into "storm front".

Archived