joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holiday Forecasts 2024

Brian D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 2:06 PM, Brian D said:

2024 right around the corner. New Year's Eve, and Day forecast in the 2023 thread.

MLK Day forecast looks mellow with fronts moving along the north areas. Some energy possible skirting the southern areas needs watching.

MLK day Jan 15 2024 map.gif

Just a trough moving through helping enhance LES with LP affecting portions of the S sub. So-so cast here with a good call in the S. The N fronts on my map were from the exiting system and a re-enforcing front (trough), but didn't pick that up too well with timing. It will be a mellow day across the N, tho. So I guess my text forecast was pretty decent.

MLK day forecast map.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 2:09 PM, Brian D said:

GHD looks like high pressure moving in bringing some rather chilly wx. LES probable, as waters should be pretty open still.

GHD Feb 2 2024 map.gif

So-so call. The HP swung down a little E of where I expected, so not much for colder air because of that. Had some light LES myself today Feb 1. And others may experience some light stuff as well.

Feb 2 wx map.gif

On 1/2/2024 at 1:49 PM, Brian D said:

Valentine's Day forecast looking interesting. Storm watch around mid-Feb.

Valentine's day wx map.gif

Decent call here. Not a big storm, but an aggressive little low moving through along the frontal boundary. Take what you can get!

Feb 14 wx map.gif

Feb 15 wx map.gif

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 1:51 PM, Brian D said:

President's Day forecast looks interesting for the S areas. Hope it pans.

President's day wx map.gif

So-so cast here. HP over CA, but southern LP was much further S along the Gulf. Boundary to the W. Looks like some energy moving into the region on the 20th with little fanfare before a stronger LP moves in around the 22nd as a rain maker in the S areas.

Feb 19 wx map.gif

Feb 20 wx map.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Since Easter ends March, and April 1st is indicated with my forecast for then, there isn't much for holiday or observance in April. There is, however an observance for National Library Worker's on April 9th. Looks like a system will be moving in bringing some warmer weather, and a threat for showers/stms.

Apr 9 Library workers day.gif

On 2/7/2024 at 2:11 PM, Brian D said:

My forecast for St. Patty's day this year looks like CA system moving through the N with potential energy affecting the S sub.

St Pat's day March 17 map.gif

A few days to go, but pattern looks good so far for mid March. Need more precip my way tho.

56 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Since Easter ends March, and April 1st is indicated with my forecast for then, there isn't much for holiday or observance in April. There is, however an observance for National Library Worker's on April 9th. Looks like a system will be moving in bringing some warmer weather, and a threat for showers/stms.

Forgot about the solar eclipse. Hope this is wrong, but a quick moving front on the 7th-8th moving through our region. If this pans, hopefully it'll be through before the start of the event during the afternoon.

April 8 solar eclipse.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 2:11 PM, Brian D said:

My forecast for St. Patty's day this year looks like CA system moving through the N with potential energy affecting the S sub.

St Pat's day March 17 map.gif

Decent forecast, but the energy in the S is a bit more south, and the timing is off by a day.

March 16 wx map.gif

March 17 wx map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 2:14 PM, Brian D said:

For Easter this year, I'm expecting a system to be moving through our region on that holiday weekend. A mild start turning wet & stormy, even into April Fools day.

Easter March 31 map.gif

Close call here. Had system a little more N, but it is moving through S sub the next couple days. There is a weak trough over the N areas. Happy Easter to all who celebrate. :) 

Easter wx map.gif

April fools wx map.gif

• Like 2

On 3/7/2024 at 2:20 PM, Brian D said:

On 3/7/2024 at 3:16 PM, Brian D said:

Forgot about the solar eclipse. Hope this is wrong, but a quick moving front on the 7th-8th moving through our region. If this pans, hopefully it'll be through before the start of the event during the afternoon.

April 8 solar eclipse.gif

Basically running 24-36 hrs behind in my forecasts for this stretch. Mentioned a front 7th-8th which ended up being a weak trough, with a new system coming in on the 9th. Good luck in finding a good spot for eclipse viewing, as those limited areas will probably be quite packed due to cloud issues.

April 6 wx map.gif

April 7 wx map.gif

April 8 wx map.gif

April 9 wx map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 2:23 PM, Brian D said:

On Earth Day, April 22nd, I'm looking at a front moving through with possible energy running along the boundary. Should kick up some wx followed by some cooler air.

Apr 22 Earth Day.gif

Decent call here as a CA LP moves cross the N with a trailing cold front. A piece of energy riding the S end of the front helping to kick up some stms. Back door cold front sags into the N, as HP comes S.

April 22 12z map.gif

April 23 00z map.gif

April 23 12z map.gif