• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson
CLIMATE PREDICT

2020 Hurricane Season

With a storm approaching the Gulf this weekend, I thought I would give all users of AmericanWeather's forum FREE access to my software, in which you can get 70 years of historical storm track data, ACE and much more. You can read more about weather forecasting for hurricanes and my techniques here.  This link also talks about why cooling at NINO12, the warm 2019-20 winter and the warm Atlantic regions (+TSA/+TNA) all portend a potential similar 1995 analog--a very active season. What could go wrong? Only if Nino12 does not remain cooler and we see African dust off the Sahara.

So, here is a sample of accessing the data   Belowis a brief description below of how you can access really cool looking historical hurricane tracks

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 11.44.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 12.29.05 PM.png

La Nina certainty looks like it's making a stand as per ENSO subsurface.. this is really easy: There will probably be some big potentials, subsurface is stronger in ENSO than surface conditions, re: hurricane season correlation. I would go more than 16 named storms. 

Lots  of  great  info. I personally think its  going to be a rather slow season regardless of all the weak storms so far. Some  used  2005 as an analog but this season has  been far weaker.