• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Total Lunar Eclipse of 2019

WxBlue

Hey y'all. Seeing that we're in storm mode right now, not sure if I can post about the upcoming lunar eclipse tomorrow night. But I figured it's worth creating a post about it seeing that mesoscale models are showing the sky mostly free of clouds for some of us. Folks in Connecticut, Inland Massachusetts, and southern New Hampshire have the best shot at enjoying the eclipse. Next total lunar eclipse will not occur anywhere in United States until May 26, 2021.

Beginning of penumbral phase: 9:37 pm EST

Beginning of partial phase: 10:34 pm EST

Beginning of total phase: 11:41 pm EST

Mid-eclipse: 12:12 am EST

End of total phase: 12:43 am EST

End of partial phase: 1:43 am EST

End of penumbral phase: 2:48 am EST

lunareclipse.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WxBlue said:

Hey y'all. Seeing that we're in storm mode right now, not sure if I can post about the upcoming lunar eclipse tomorrow night. But I figured it's worth creating a post about it seeing that mesoscale models are showing the sky mostly free of clouds for some of us. Folks in Connecticut, Inland Massachusetts, and southern New Hampshire have the best shot at enjoying the eclipse. Next total lunar eclipse will not occur anywhere in United States until May 26, 2021.

Beginning of penumbral phase: 9:37 pm EST

Beginning of partial phase: 10:34 pm EST

Beginning of total phase: 11:41 pm EST

Mid-eclipse: 12:12 am EST

End of total phase: 12:43 am EST

End of partial phase: 1:43 am EST

End of penumbral phase: 2:48 am EST

lunareclipse.png

YES!  REALLY STOKED FOR THIS!  The skies will be clear here by 8 pm so great photo op.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

totality is from 11:41 pm to 12:43 am but you can see the moon go through all the phases before and after

• 2 weeks later...

The eclipse was LOVELY here in SE Mass. Skies were perfectly clear, but it was damn cold!  WOW!  The hub and I really enjoyed it. Stepped outside from time to time to see the phases until totality, then had to go to bed.  Was working the early morning shift the next day.

--Turtle