• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Where are the cumulus clouds?

Interesting. What is the basis of your claim? Anecdotal evidence of local conditions? Any data bases of regional conditions? Global conditions? 

I am curious simply because I do annotate local cloud conditions quite often. While the clouds you speak of tend to be the result of daytime heating hence they generally dissipate by the time I get to the sunset shots.

This is a local observation. Although if I get on a plane to New Zealand it will be the same thing. These are primary cloud patterns. The amount of cumulous clouds experienced this Spring to date (0) is completely different. I realized last Summer when there was a building cumulonimbus how different it had become since 1990s (lack of through memory of). Scientific data and observation has not reflected this, as far as I have seen. 

I am sure, however, that this is verifiable scientific information. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes; there have been some often very noticable changes around the start of the decade, and in some places it seems to have switched back to a more familiar pattern. 

It seems possible that the set of phenomena was and is due to methane dynamics.  Were there to have been an unusual amount of methane released at some point, that did cause visible alterations to atmospheric dynamics, scientists might actually be very reluctant to discuss either to avoid propagating any hysteria.  There is also the general idea of differences in condensation nuclei, sometimes which enter from upper layers of the atmosphere and are partially of near earth origin, often described to be remnants of meteors in dust form.  I will link two threads here in a moment:

Here is a longer writing that i have folded up to keep the thread clean but please read if you have time

There were a few years where undulatus clouds were very common and it looked quite strange!  2012 is a time I remember that undulatus clouds were very common even in summer during days with thunderstorms.  

I am sure that you remember between about 2012 and 2014 how often the higher layers of clouds would tend to sink lower and lower.  I thought it would be like that forever, but it switched back. 

If you are interested in a visual archive of this phenomenon, just go to Google Street view and take screenshots of what you find!  Any of the older photographs (usually these are more out of the way, quieter areas where up to date imagery was not a priority) will show the earlier cloud patterns, and, more current imagery will show the more recent patterns often making them very obvious on their own, let alone by comparison!  I will look in Maryland and post some links for you to see.

Another good source is 1990s (or earlier) to early 2000s books that contain sky photography perhaps in the context of teaching about clouds or overall meteorology.    

your onto things the nws would rather ignore, or rather just make us feel we’re all crazy.   

Just like no important news stories on the news for 2 years...except Russian collusion.  Keep everybody in the stupified bubble is the key.

Maybe a day before we all run out of oxygen, they’ll let us know whats up.

Archived