• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
AfewUniversesBelowNormal

More new +500mb patterns

I've been studying 500mb heights going back to 1948. These patterns of late have no past point of reference. Completely new. 

1) The general high heights around the Northern Hemisphere

f96.gif

2) Massive +500mb blocks in Scandinavia and the Atlantic... never is there blocking on the W and E side of the north pole so close strong

f180_3.gif

I wonder if there is a measurement of 500mb anomaly for a hemisphere or the globe? I think today and tomorrow there are some records 

image.gif

check out the >+120 in India and that part of the world and polar stuff. It's a 360 ridge with some short term fluctuations. and even so, all troughs are displaced

Maybe more appropriate for the weather section, but we'll do a +600dm ridge pretty easily, and top-10 all time

Subtropical jet, 576 heights, east of Greenland. The record ones are usually north of Alaska and not so far south. I want to bring your attention to that we're breaking records, but by like 1 or 2 SD

1.gif