Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newman

Forecasting Mid-Long Range WITHOUT Models.

1 post in this topic

There is no doubt in my mind that I want to pursue Meteorology for my future career. I am certainly successful in Calculus and Chemistry and do very well with computer and applications that go along with that. Also, I have read the textbooks, videos, resources to further my knowledge of the topic, but certainly not to the extent I wish as I sit in my junior year of high school. And on top of that, I am a complete weenie and have loved this passion since I was born (at least that's what my parents have told me!) However, I bring this up because I am certainly capable of forecasting future weather using simple deterministic numerical models (who isn't tbh?). If any meteorologists could point me towards resources that can help me "forecast" the weather per say using NO weather models and only other resources. I know I should be looking at Teleconnections, ENSO, QBO, AAM, MJO, etc., but if anybody could help me find places to read up on these things and where to find the data of them it would be greatly appreciated!