• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25th BUST Thread, I'll do it

CarlHill

Where does one find the Indonesian model?

Silly goose, Indonesia. For a sampling of their awesome graphics check the facebook page of that DT person. You can read his writings also to get an idea of their comprehension of the English language as well as their superior grammar and spell checker. As an added bonus their graphics package apparently has the ability to move cities in the USA which will help in these crappy setups.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly goose, Indonesia. For a sampling of their awesome graphics check the facebook page of that DT person. You can read his writings also to get an idea of their comprehension of the English language as well as their superior grammar and spell checker. As an added bonus their graphics package apparently has the ability to move cities in the USA which will help in these crappy setups.

Which person?

Grit - regarding the precip and the radar imagery last night for the Charlotte Metro. Especially early on in the event the radar out of Greenville seemed very uniform in cover and pretty strong with a lot of yellows and even large swaths of reds. But the actual ground truth of the matter was that precipitation rates never really exceeded what I would call moderate at best. Can you offer an explanation of that for a novice like myself? Is it just that I'm using a poor radar site or was it just a misrepresentation due to a lot of the P-type being sleet?

TIA.

Only thing that comes to mind is that if you were using composite reflectivity instead of base reflectivity, you might have seen returns that didn't reflect ground truth.  Take a look at this: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/jetstream/doppler/comprefl.htm

Also, there may be some radar sites / radar apps that are better than others with a more accurate depiction of winter precip.  Maybe others can chime in on which sites / apps are best in this regard.

Archived