• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
15 of the Last 18 months with Below Normal Temps in the NW Philly Burbs

ChescoWx

October will finish as the first above normal temperature departure for NW Chester County since December 2013.

October is running exactly 2 degrees above normal thru yesterday.

Also of interest was that again this morning most observations in the surrounding lower spots were below freezing however here above 660 ft the low was just 34.8 and we have yet to have a first freeze. I went back and looked at first Freeze dates over the last 10 years at this location and this is not yet close to the latest.

11/9/04

11/12/05

10/13/06

11/8/07

10/20/08

11/6/09

11/2/10

10/29/11

10/13/12

10/26/13

October will finish as the first above normal temperature departure for NW Chester County since December 2013.

October is running exactly 2 degrees above normal thru yesterday.

Also of interest was that again this morning most observations in the surrounding lower spots were below freezing however here above 660 ft the low was just 34.8 and we have yet to have a first freeze. I went back and looked at first Freeze dates over the last 10 years at this location and this is not yet close to the latest.

11/9/04

11/12/05

10/13/06

11/8/07

10/20/08

11/6/09

11/2/10

10/29/11

10/13/12

10/26/13

I had 32.1 up here on my semi-plateau at 900'.  To my west it goes up to 1100 and maybe 940 nw.  The other directions are pretty flat.  It drops off massively just a couple of hundred yards to the nw though.  Sometimes I fair like you did last night, other times I'm in there with the cold spots pretty well.  Now that I have a car thermometer I usually see 2-4 lower temps during the daytime/windy nights up here.  Those darn inversions in winter eat the snow up sometimes though :(  You just BARELY start down the north side of the ridge and the snow holds really well though.........

I had 32.1 up here on my semi-plateau at 900'.  To my west it goes up to 1100 and maybe 940 nw.  The other directions are pretty flat.  It drops off massively just a couple of hundred yards to the nw though.  Sometimes I fair like you did last night, other times I'm in there with the cold spots pretty well.  Now that I have a car thermometer I usually see 2-4 lower temps during the daytime/windy nights up here.  Those darn inversions in winter eat the snow up sometimes though :(  You just BARELY start down the north side of the ridge and the snow holds really well though.........

Are you near Seisholtzville Rd. near that little village of Harlem?   That area has similar elevations.

Agree - always good to see lower bills! - looks to be getting a bit more crisp by about 8 days from now......

Nice stats, Paul.  I've been quite pleased with the cooler than normal weather over the summer (saved lots of money on air conditioning), and then warmer than normal in October (reduced usage of my heating system).

Archived