joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NWS Product Debate

Deck Pic

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know many on the forum will not see this post today due to the snow but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all those who have actually taken the time to fill out our feedback surveys on the new experimental products!! The issues brought forth have enlightened me into a greater understanding on how to communicate the message and what should be labeled on these products.

For one, our intended message is a min/most likely and max which scientifically uses the WPC 10/90 as a starting point and is then modified by our forecasters. If it is modified it no longer represents a 10th and 90th percentile therefore we will make a strong push to have the percentile wordage removed from the products. Only our scientific inside community needs to know the product starting point. The product becomes our min/most likely/max and what we think will happen. The product is meant to simply give a range of possible scenarios. Communication of risk for emergency planners. Whether or not we continue to make these products visible to the public is another topic in the next few months.

If you haven't already please leave your feedback at:

www.erh.noaa.gov/lwx/winter

I've deleted my initial 'off topic' commentary and everything associated with it. If any issues feel free to contact an admin other than myself. No offense was meant to any individuals. My commentary has all been organizational based over time.

I've deleted my initial 'off topic' commentary and everything associated with it. If any issues feel free to contact an admin other than myself. No offense was meant to any individuals. My commentary has all been organizational based over time.

I added a post showing appreciation for feedback given. Why was that taken off?

Archived