Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ensemble ?

My Observations

Ohleary ,

That is a fair question . I actually just googled GFS Ensemble and went through the images and found it . I just saved it to use as a example . I watch this local meteorologist online that uses these graphs quite often to help predict the up coming temperature changes and I was wanting to do the same . 

someone in one of the other forums offered a German website that has these , but I would like one that illustrates it in English .

See the link below .

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavnmgeur.html

at the above link go to , GFS + GFS ENS Nord-Amerika , then find the city you want in the drop down box , then in the second box go to Ensemble t850

Thanks for taking time and responding Ohleary & Eskimo Joe

Ohleary ,

That is a fair question . I actually just googled GFS Ensemble and went through the images and found it . I just saved it to use as a example . I watch this local meteorologist online that uses these graphs quite often to help predict the up coming temperature changes and I was wanting to do the same . 

someone in one of the other forums offered a German website that has these , but I would like one that illustrates it in English .

See the link below .

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavnmgeur.html

at the above link go to , GFS + GFS ENS Nord-Amerika , then find the city you want in the drop down box , then in the second box go to Ensemble t850

Thanks for taking time and responding Ohleary & Eskimo Joe

Not sure where to get them; but they are generated in a program called "Grads" or "OpenGrads" off the GFS's data.

I see they also generate the meteograms based off the data too (which look great).  Basically if you can figure out how to use grads and script for it (kinda big learning curve).. you could technically download the free GFS data, convert it, and then run the script to generate your own images like that.  If I ever get around to messing with grads again, I will be sure to give the script to everyone who wants it.  It'll be a while though, if ever.

Edit:  Grads/OpenGrads is free btw.

Archived