amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Snow & Jackpot Contest

Bob Chill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Discounting the idea that the phases of the moons of Jupiter don't control the weather on Earth is not "narrow-mindedness".  It's common sense. 

The narrow-mindedness comes not from discounting that concept but from the assertion that any forecast he makes must be discounted because of his research into a concept that may or may not be correct. 

Secondly, you and I both know that one does not do science based on common sense. Of course common sense would dictate that the moons of Jupiter do not in anyway affect weather on Earth, but it's a falsifiable hypothesis and is therefore scientific so we shouldn't discount it until we can prove one conclusion or the other. In the past, "common sense" would have dictated that heavier things fall faster than lighter things. We now know this isn't true because someone (Newton) came along and challenged that "common sense" belief. Perhaps the same is true for the moons of Jupiter, perhaps it isn't. I've not done the research so I can't say one way or the other. Certainly we should not believe that the moons of Jupiter affect the Earth without data. I'm just saying we should wait for the data and if none is provided, discount the idea. 

At any rate, we're a bit off topic at this point as Roger said. Feel free to PM if you'd like to continue the discussion. 

Archived