• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
After Record Driest Months for KAGS, KCHS, the other extreme just one month later

Stormsfury

I'm not sure  how many times this has occurred where back to back months set monthly records for rainfall, driest to wettest, or wettest to driest, but that has occurred at KCHS.   KAGS looks to come up a little bit short (9.40") .   Yesterday, I can attest to the unusually high PWATS and rainfall rates.  IMBY, I picked up 4.6" as several very intense cells trained over the location, with doppler radar having estimated a 3"-4" swath about 5 miles wide.    I've actually picked up 13.21" of rain this morning, and yesterday's deluge rivaled anything I've seen at any time of year, including many of the tropical systems I've experienced.   

.CLIMATE...AUGUSTA GA BUSH FIELD...AGS...HAS RECEIVED 9.40 INCHES OF RAIN SO FAR THIS MONTH. THE RECORD FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY IS 10.03 INCHES SET IN 1899.
RECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC508 PM EST TUE FEB 26 2013...RECORD DAILY AND MONTHLY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT SAVANNAH GA...A RECORD DAILY RAINFALL OF 1.74 INCHES WAS SET AT SAVANNAH GA TODAY.THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 1.15 SET IN 1924.A RECORD MONTHLY RAINFALL OF 9.75 INCHES WAS SET AT SAVANNAH GATODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 9.71 SET IN 1874.$

SXUS72 KCHS 262217RERCHSRECORD EVENT REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC508 PM EST TUE FEB 26 2013...RECORD DAILY AND MONTHLY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT NORTH CHARLESTONSC...A RECORD DAILY RAINFALL OF 1.88 INCHES WAS SET AT NORTH CHARLESTONSC TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 1.75 SET IN 1958.A RECORD MONTHLY RAINFALL OF 10.47 INCHES WAS SET AT NORTHCHARLESTON SC TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 10.17 SET IN 1998.

If someone has the information for KCSG and KMCN, BOTH locations have recorded a staggering amount of rain for February, if those aren't records, I don't know what is.

KCSG =  12.47"

KMCN =  12.87"

In another month or two you will be facing a record number of mosquitoes. 

I'm not sure  how many times this has occurred where back to back months set monthly records for rainfall, driest to wettest, or wettest to driest, but that has occurred at KCHS.   KAGS looks to come up a little bit short (9.40") .   Yesterday, I can attest to the unusually high PWATS and rainfall rates.  IMBY, I picked up 4.6" as several very intense cells trained over the location, with doppler radar having estimated a 3"-4" swath about 5 miles wide.    I've actually picked up 13.21" of rain this morning, and yesterday's deluge rivaled anything I've seen at any time of year, including many of the tropical systems I've experienced.   

That is a ton of rain for one morning.  :lol:

Archived