• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blackwater Falls State Park

The past weekend, I traveled throughout West Virginia. We decided to spend a couple days while we went to our annual family reunion. During the 3 days, we visited Coopers Rock, Valley Falls, Tygart Lake, and Blackwater Falls.

This was my first time at Blackwater Falls. Blackwater Falls State Park is located in Davis, WV.

I had switched to a new website and the photo links did not move over. I will post the photos again soon on here.

• 1 month later...

God, Blackwater Falls. Haven't been there in ages. Family went there many years ago (early 80s). I remember driving on a nearby mountain road that really didn't fit two cars across (but wasn't one way) and my mother FREAKING OUT because she hates heights. Also remember how isolated Blackwater seemed back in the day. Now, not so much. I wonder if their cabins are still not powered (they were a very cheap alternative back then, now $99+ rates are obsurd). That was always fun....weekend in the woods in a nice cabin, but without AC (and batteries didn't last long back then). If they weren't in storage, I woulda posted pictures.

Odd memory though...a car must have lost control on a curve and fell into a shallow ditch roadside. I remember it being on its side and abandoned. Not sure why that always stuck in my mind.

God, Blackwater Falls. Haven't been there in ages. Family went there many years ago (early 80s). I remember driving on a nearby mountain road that really didn't fit two cars across (but wasn't one way) and my mother FREAKING OUT because she hates heights. Also remember how isolated Blackwater seemed back in the day. Now, not so much. I wonder if their cabins are still not powered (they were a very cheap alternative back then, now $99+ rates are obsurd). That was always fun....weekend in the woods in a nice cabin, but without AC (and batteries didn't last long back then). If they weren't in storage, I woulda posted pictures.

Odd memory though...a car must have lost control on a curve and fell into a shallow ditch roadside. I remember it being on its side and abandoned. Not sure why that always stuck in my mind.

Lol they have upgraded with power and 1 pay phone no cable or Internet. It is a beautiful place though and always neat when the deer come right up to your car

Archived