• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
What's the Weather Where You are?

terpguy

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, July 30, 2014
  •  
Wednesday featured my lowest July minimum temperature (53.6° or rounded up to 54°) since I hit 52° back on July 12, 2002.  Very pleasant sleeping weather! Temperatures warmed under light winds and strong sun up to just about the 80 mark. Tonight temperatures under partly cloudy skies have been dropping much slower than last night, with temps early this Thursday morning holding in the low 60s. We might make it back into the 50s by sunrise, but probably only the upper 50s.  On Thursday sunny skies, a touch more humidity, with high temps in the mid 80s. Lows Thursday night will be in the 60s with more clouds, and a 20 POP for showers. On Friday there is a 40 POP for showers/storms, highs in the low 80s. Saturday should see temps around 80, mostly cloudy skies, and a 50 POP for showers/storms. Lows each night in the mid-upper 60s. Sunday should also be cloudy, highs in the upper 70s with a 60 POP for showers/storms. A bit unsettled as we start the workweek, but gradually by Wednesday we should be in the sun once again, with high temps in the low-mid 80s and lows in the mid-upper 60s. A dry period to make for an easy transition from July into August as Friday begins, but a good start to the August rainfall accumulations with the good chances for rain Friday through Sunday. 

The weather underground link to my station data is: 
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11
My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: 
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...
 My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 
Weatherbug.com is also displaying my near real-time data . If you would like to know how to view it, please get in touch with me. Thanks! 
Wednesday's precipitation: 0
July total precipitation 4.56"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 36.20"

Other data for Wednesday is as follows:  
High temp 79.7° (1836)    
Low temp  53.6° (0621) 
Obs temp. 65.2° 

Peak wind gust 8 NW (1018) 

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0740) to a low of 43% (1639)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 60° to 51° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(1126) to 30.05"(1749) The + 0.03 inch adjustment I made last week to my VP2 display down here in the kitchen is still in place. The display agrees a lot better with the data on the data logger record browsing sheet. 

At midnight obs the temp was 65.2°, Partly Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.08" and steady, relative humidity 80%, dew point of 59°.

Currently (0224) PCldy, temperature is 63.4°, dew point temperature at 59°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 86% with the barometric pressure at 30.10" and rising.   

Radar shows a few dying, widely scattered showers moving NW to SE through central PA and extending a bit into northern Maryland at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Thursday morning. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thursday was warmer and more humid as temps rose into the mid 80s. Increasing moisture on southerly winds promise to give us some wet weather on Friday and over the weekend at times, but not a complete washout. Temps early this Friday morning are still above 70 and temps will probably only drop into the mid-upper 60s by morning. Rain showers are currently moving north out of parts of North Carolina and Virginia and will be in the area by morning sometime. There is a 60 POP for showers/storms on Friday and Sunday and a 50 POP on Saturday, with high temps mostly in the mid 80s and lows in the mid-upper 60s. Early next week temps should be in the low-mid 80s and lows in the 60s with party to mostly sunny skies and rain chances slim to none. We are going to have a wet beginning to the new month of August. Good for the lawns and gardens. 

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: 

My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Thursday's precipitation: 0

Other data for Thursday is as follows:  

High temp 84.8° (1822)    

Low temp  60.6° (0642) 

Obs temp. 73.1° 

Peak wind gust 5 N (1019)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0733) to a low of 45% (1708)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 66° to 58° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.15"(2349) to 30.08"(0001) The + 0.03 inch adjustment I made last week to my VP2 display down here in the kitchen is still in place. The display agrees a lot better with the data on the data logger record browsing sheet. 

At midnight obs the temp was 73.1°, Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.15" and steady, relative humidity 78%, dew point of 66°.

Currently (0219) Cloudy, temperature is 70.8°, dew point temperature at 66°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 84% with the barometric pressure at 30.15" and steady.   

Radar shows a good area of showers over sections of North Carolina and Virginia, heading north and towards my area at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Friday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, August 1, 2014
  •  

Friday cooled off under considerable clouds and occasional very light showers/sprinkles as we started August out on a cooler than normal note. More significant rain fell to my south and east. Temperatures remained in the 70s during the day, but tonight have fallen into the mid 60s early this Saturday morning. We should hold there by sunrise Saturday, under continued cloudy skies. Clouds and a 50 POP for showers on Saturday and Saturday night, with highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s. Sunday looks to see some sun, with temps warming a bit into the low 80s, but a continued 50 POP for showers/storms and partly to mostly cloudy skies. Sunday night continues with a 50 POP, temps in the mid 60s for lows. Monday should see a bit more sun and warming with the POP going down to 40, high temps in the mid 80s. The week ahead looks to be partly to mostly sunny skies, highs in the 80s, lows in the 60s, with a 30 POP for showers/storms along about Wednesday and then again on Friday. 

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Friday's precipitation: T
August total precipitation: T

Other data for Friday is as follows:  
High temp 77.7° (1358)    
Low temp  68.6° (1842) 
Obs temp. 70.7° 

Peak wind gust 7 W (1339)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0710) to a low of 67% (1405)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 62° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.23"(1312) to 30.15"(0415) The + 0.03 inch adjustment I made last week to my VP2 display down here in the kitchen is still in place. The display agrees a lot better with the data on the data logger record browsing sheet. 

At midnight obs the temp was 70.7°, Cloudy, Winds 1 NNE, Pressure at
30.20" and falling, relative humidity 75%, dew point of 62°.

Currently (0348) Cloudy, temperature is 64.3°, dew point temperature at 62°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 92% with the barometric pressure at 30.16" and falling.   

Radar shows a good area of showers out over the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware and other sections of the region to my east. Area is moving E-NE and for the time being miss my area to the east. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Saturday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, August 2, 2014
  •  

Saturday kept pace with our recent pattern of cool, cloudy conditions. Temps remained in the 70s after a morning in the 60s, with light showers off and on during the afternoon. Tonight the temps are still in the 70s, and should not drop past the upper 60s by sunrise Sunday. A bit more sun possible on Sunday with partly to mostly cloudy skies, high temp around 80, with a 50 POP for showers at times during the day and evening. Monday and Tuesday should see reduced chances for showers (30 POP) with temps in the mid 80s for highs, mid 60s for lows. Wednesday looks to have increased shower chances (50 POP) as a frontal system approaches the area from the W. Sunny, nice days should follow the rest of the week, with highs of 80 on Thursday and mid 80s on Friday. 

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0) 
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Saturday's precipitation: 0.06" (LR) 0.00" in the VP2 (Have to get out and check for clogs tomorrow)
August total precipitation: 0.06"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 36.26"

Other data for Saturday is as follows:  
High temp 78.9° (1622)    
Low temp  64.1° (0421) 
Obs temp. 71.4° 

Peak wind gust 8 NW (1137)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0657) to a low of 67% (1619)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 68° to 62° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20"(0028) to 30.09"(2017) 

At midnight obs the temp was 71.4°, Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.11" and falling, relative humidity 87%, dew point of 67°.

Currently (0439) Cloudy, temperature is 69.5°, dew point temperature at 67°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 91% with the barometric pressure at 30.09" and falling.   

Radar shows a good area of showers over coastal sections of SE VA, Eastern shore of MD, DE especially, and southern NJ, heading NE. Only widely scattered light showers are falling west of the Ches Bay at this time, though parts of PA are getting more numerous showers. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Sunday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, August 3, 2014
  •  

Sunday was a bit sunnier and warmer than the first 2 days of the month, but that helped fire up some thunderstorm action, which we got a good bit of during the evening hours. Luckily there was no power outage, though there were a few faint flickers during the height of the storm which was around 2130.  The line of storms came down from the NW, kept together much better than the past few storm events, and dumped a lot of rain in a short time over much of the region. Temps dropped down into the 60s with the storms, and brief wind gusts over 20 MPH (from my muted setup - probably actually peaked around 35 MPH). Clouds overnight with temps probably holding in the low-mid 60s but I don't think we will get any more rain overnight. Sunny to partly cloudy skies on Monday and Tuesday with highs in the upper 80s and lows in the 60s. No real rain chances on Monday, and only a 30 POP on Tuesday. Wednesday should be a bit cloudier, with high temps in the low- mid 80s and what is now showing as a 30 POP for rain, but I think that will go up as we move forward- a cold front will be passing through and I think more action will come into our region on Wednesday. The low temps will be dropping into the low-mid 60s Wednesday night. Thursday through Sunday looks to be sunny to partly cloudy, no real rain chances, with high temps around 80 on Thursday and Friday and low 80s over the weekend. Lows should mostly be in the low-mid 60s through this period. 

My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 

Sunday's precipitation: 1.03" (LR) 0.99" in the VP2 at midnight- 0.04" since midnight - I believe there is a bit of a clog that is not allowing the water to drain out and register as quickly as it should - if you add the two values together, you get the same amount as I got from the Lake Region gauge. Max rain rate (MRR) 1.76"/hour @ 2126
August total precipitation: 1.09"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 37.29"

Other data for Sunday is as follows:  
High temp 82.1° (1839)    
Low temp  65.6° (2352) 
Obs temp. 65.6° 

Peak wind gust 23 W (2125)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (2337) to a low of 71% (1807)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 72° to 64° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(1100) to 30.02"(1910) 

At midnight obs the temp was 65.6°, Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.10" and steady, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 65°.

Currently (0208) Cloudy, temperature is 64.4°, dew point temperature at 63°, winds Calm, relative humidity 96% with the barometric pressure at 30.10" and steady.   

Radar shows our earlier storms have weakened and moved over to the MD Eastern Shore. Other areas of rain are small, in upstate New York and off the coast of North Carolina at this time.  

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Monday morning

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday was another warm day, fairly nice as it was a bit less humid than Sunday, with partly cloudy skies and highs into the low 80s. Tonight temps have fallen into the mid 60s, and by sunrise we should be in the low 60s. Tuesday looks to be warmer and more humid, with high temps approaching 90 with a 20 POP for an isolated shower/storm. Wednesday looks to be partly cloudy with highs in the mid 80s and for now a 30 POP for showers/storms through the evening as a cold front approaches from the West. Thursday through Sunday will be mostly sunny and warm, but not hot, highs in the low 80s, lows in the low-mid 60s with little chances of rain through the period at this time. 

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Monday's precipitation: 0 (LR)  0.11" in the VP2 - giving me 1.10" for the storm Sunday night as the rain took hours to finally trickle through this tipping bucket rain gauge. 

August total precipitation: 1.09"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 37.29"

Other data for Monday is as follows:  

High temp 81.6° (1626)    

Low temp  61.9° (0552) 

Obs temp. 67.8° 

Peak wind gust 9 N (1033)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0748) to a low of 60% (1634)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 61° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.14"(1027) to 30.08"(1850) 

At midnight obs the temp was 67.8°, Partly Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.10" and steady, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 66°.

Currently (0155) Cloudy, temperature is 66.1°, dew point temperature at 64°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 93% with the barometric pressure at 30.09" and steady.   

Radar shows light rain showers off the NC coast, more general showers over much of New Brunswick, and light-moderate showers over northern Illinois and NW Indiana at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Tuesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday was mostly sunny and warmer, humid,  with highs getting well up in the 80s. Cloudy skies developed in the evening, and I had a notable increase in wind the last hour or so of the day, along with a light shower just prior to midnight obs time.  The wind and showers helped drop me into the 60s. It should be around 64 by sunrise Wednesday morning. Wednesday should be partly cloudy, warm and humid with a 40 POP for showers and storms as a cold front approaches our area from the west. Showers probably will end on Wednesday evening with clearing skies late and temperatures dropping off into the low 60s. Thursday through Saturday should see mostly sunny skies, lower dew points, and relatively comfortable temps in the low 80s by day, low 60s by night. Sunday looks to be about the same temperature-wise, but with more clouds and a 30 POP for showers/storms. 

Tuesday's precipitation: 0.04" (LR)  0.02" (VP2) 

August total precipitation: 1.13"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 37.33"

Other data for Tuesday is as follows:  

High temp 87.2° (1836)    

Low temp  62.9° (0631) 

Obs temp. 68.2° 

Peak wind gust 16 N (2255)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0859) to a low of 48% (1634)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 71° to 62° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.11"(0029) to 29.96"(2051) 

At midnight obs the temp was 68.2°, Cloudy, Winds 4 NE, Pressure at 29.99" and falling, relative humidity 90%, dew point of 65°.

Currently (0239) Cloudy, temperature is 66.5°, dew point temperature at 65°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 94% with the barometric pressure at 29.97" and falling.   

Radar shows our rain for tomorrow in the form of very light, very scattered showers in Ohio right now, along with rain showers in central New England and central NY state at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Wednesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, August 6, 2014
  •  
Wednesday was partly to mostly cloudy at times, cooler, as the cold front from the north dragged slowly south through the area. Showers around but none fell at my station. Humid air has been tough to dislodge from the area, as dew points have remained well up the 60s even early on this Thursday morning. Air temps are just about the same, in the upper to mid 60s overnight- probably will be in the low 60s by sunrise. Thursday should be mostly sunny with highs in the mid 80s, Friday should be very similar. Nighttime temps in the low-mid 60s. Over the weekend a bit more clouds, a 30 POP for showers, with high temps around 80, lows around 60. Unsettled, showery weather looks to persist into the new workweek.  But thank goodness no hot spells of 90 or higher temps in the foreseeable future! 

High temp 79.1° (1616)    
Low temp  64.0° (0623) 
Obs temp. 69.0° 

Peak wind gust 9 N (1504)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0753) to a low of 67% (1537)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 63° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.00"(1131) to 29.93"(1708) 

At midnight obs the temp was 69.0°, PCloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.98" and steady, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 67°.

Currently (0212) PCloudy, temperature is 67.7°, dew point temperature at 66°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 94% with the barometric pressure at 29.97" and steady.   

Radar shows showers over parts of Missouri and SW Illinois, plus scattered light rain showers over upstate NY and sections of northern and central New England at this time. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, August 7, 2014
  •  
Thursday was mostly sunny and warm, gradually drying out during the day, with scattered cumulus dotting the sky at times in the afternoon. Tonight skies are mostly clear, with temperatures dropping through the 70s at first, now into the mid 60s and should be around 60 by sunrise. Tomorrow should be another repeat performance, with some increase in clouds in the afternoon and high temps in the low-mid 80s. The weekend is iffy, as a system moves closer but will mostly be affecting areas just to our south, we will be on the northern limits of the system's rain affects. Clouds will be the rule rather than the exception, with high temps both Saturday and Sunday in the upper 70s to around 80 and a 30 POP for showers. Lows most nights in the low-mid 60s.  Unsettled weather should continue through mid-week next week, with high temps in the low 80s and a 30-40 POP for showers. A drier pattern may come in place by the end of the week, but with continued moderate temperatures in the low 80s. 

High temp 80.5° (1623)    
Low temp  64.9° (2359) 
Obs temp. 64.9° 

Peak wind gust 14 NW (1359)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (0519) to a low of 44% (1428)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 55° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.08"(2338) to 29.97"(0326) 

At midnight obs the temp was 64.9°, Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.08" and rising, relative humidity 88%, dew point of 61°.

Currently (0145) Clear, temperature is 64.3°, dew point temperature at 62°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 91% with the barometric pressure at 30.10" and rising.   

Radar shows areas of rain showers over parts the lower midwest, including sections of Kentucky, southern Illinois, and Tennessee at this time. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, August 8, 2014
  •  
Friday finished out the work week on a partly cloudy, warm (but definitely not hot) day that was dry and pretty comfortable with the high temp barely nosing over the 80 mark. Tonight we have dropped through the 70s into the mid 60s and should hit around 60 by sunrise on Saturday morning. Clouds will be around from time to time over both Saturday and Sunday, with a 20 POP for showers, which should mostly remain to my south, as a system struggles to get organized and penetrate this strong ridge we are under.  Temps for the foreseeable future look to max out in the upper 70s to around 80 most days, perhaps on occasion into the low 80s, but remarkably free from obnoxious 90 or greater heat through mid-August. Unsettled weather will remain around somewhat next week, with 30-40 POPs mostly for showers - up to a 60 POP on Tuesday evening that I noticed. Min temps should reach down around 60 or at times in the upper 50s. 

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0) 

Friday's precipitation: 0

High temp 80.7° (1631)    
Low temp  59.8° (0644) 
Obs temp. 67.1° 

Peak wind gust 8 NW (1119)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0709) to a low of 49% (1501)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 65° to 57° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.17"(0836) to 30.08"(0001) 

At midnight obs the temp was 67.1°, PCloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.14" and steady, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 62°.

Currently (0301) PCloudy, temperature is 64.3°, dew point temperature at 61°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 91% with the barometric pressure at 30.12" and falling.   

Radar shows areas of rain showers in eastern North Carolina and southern Virginia, along with widely scattered, light showers over a good part of Kentucky. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday was considerably cloudy and mild, temps running about the same as they have been most of this past week around 80, with some sun at times  but no rain.  My friend Marty came out and we put up temporarily another VP2 station to compare dew point and temperature readings. I will make a few comparison data remarks from time to time for the next week. So far data has been running under a degree difference between the 2 sites. This temp site is in the backyard, within 10 feet of my long-term unit. Temps tonight have finally made it into the 60s and should be in the low 60s by sunrise on Sunday. Sunny and warm on Sunday, with highs in the mid 80s and lows Sunday night in the 60s. Therafter the workweek through Wednesday looks rather unsettled, with increasing chances of showers and storms. High temps all week look to be in the upper 70s with lows in the low 60s. A 30 POP on Monday, a 40 POP Monday night, then a 70 POP for showers on Tuesday and Tuesday night, then a 50 POP for showers/storms on Wednesday. The slow moving cold front finally pushes through sometime Wednesday late, and the rest of the week looks nice, with sunny skies, lower dew points, and the pleasant temps continuing in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s. Got a report earlier today that some of the maples have turned into their fall colors up in the high country of West Virginia already. With exhibition football season underway, it won't be long till we get cooler weather more often with the coming fall. 

Saturday's precipitation: 0

High temp 81.3° (1729)    

Low temp  63.5° (0631) 

Obs temp. 72.3° 

Peak wind gust 10 E (1801)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0519) to a low of 59% (1405)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 61° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.16"(1037) to 30.09"(1814) 

At midnight obs the temp was 72.3°, Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.16" and steady, relative humidity 81%, dew point of 66°.

Comparison statistics taken a few minutes after obs include 71.9° on master, 72.7° on the temp station, both had 66° dew points, 82% rel hum on master, 79% on the temp station. 

Currently (0432) Cloudy, temperature is 67.5°, dew point temperature at 65°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 92% with the barometric pressure at 30.12" and steady.   Temporary station showing a temperature of 67.9°, dew point temp of 65°, rel humidity 90%. 

Radar shows light rain showers widely scattered in parts of the coastal sections of the Carolinas, more rain as you head south in that region. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, August 10, 2014
  •  

Sunday was another cloudy day, a thin overcast mostly that allowed some sun to filter on down. Temps once again topped out just above 80 after lows in the mid 60s. Tonight the temps are slowly dropping through the 70s with moderate humidity. Monday should see increasing clouds and once again temps around 80. By evening we have a 60 POP for showers/storms developing, temps in the 60s. Tuesday the POP increases a bit to a 70 POP through the day and evening.  We should clear out late Tuesday night and have a sunny, dry, and pleasant rest of the week with high temps in the upper 70s to low 80s and lows in the mid-upper 50s. After Tuesday's likely rains which may be considerable, we should not have any more rain for the foreseeable future. 

Sunday's precipitation: 0

High temp 81.9° (1731)    
Low temp  65.2° (0655) 
Obs temp. 73.0° 

Peak wind gust 7 NE (1903)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (0750) to a low of 54% (1935)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 60° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.17"(1107) to 30.09"(1825) 

At midnight obs the temp was 73.0°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.13" and steady, relative humidity 72%, dew point of 63°.

Comparison statistics taken at obs include 73.0° on master, 73.6° on the temporary station, both had 63° dew points, 72% rel hum on master, 70% on the temporary station. 

Currently (0151) temperature is 71.5°, dew point temperature at 64°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 78% with the barometric pressure at 30.13" and steady.   Temporary station showing a temperature of 72.1°, dew point temp of 64°, rel humidity 75%. 

Radar shows scattered rain showers over parts of NC, TN, KY, IL and central IN at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday was another cloudy day, with the cloud deck gradually lowering as the day progressed with little sun after the morning, and light rain showers breaking out in the evening.  Kind of got muggy, as the moisture worked in on light SE winds. Temps early this Tuesday morning are in the upper 60s, as is the dew point.  Temps won't drop much the rest of the overnight. Rain showers should persist and get heavier overnight (70 POP). This 70 POP should persist through most of Tuesday, with possibly a few embedded thunderstorms, particularly in the late afternoon/early evening. 1-2 inch rainfall amounts possible - also possibility of flooding. High temps on Tuesday should remain in the 70s, lows Tue evening upper 60s with the continued rain showers through the evening, then a chance of showers overnight and into Wednesday morning. Clearing later on Wednesday, with highs in the low 80s.  Thereafter a nice string of beautiful weather, with sunny skies by day with highs in the upper 70s, to clear skies at night with lows in the mid-upper 50s through Friday, then a slight warm up over the weekend, but remaining sunny and dry. 

Monday's precipitation: 0.13" (LR) 0.07" (VP2)

August total precipitation: 1.26"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 37.46"

High temp 80.3° (1432)    

Low temp  62.3° (0648) 

Obs temp. 67.7° 

Peak wind gust 11 SE (1218)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (0805) to a low of 54% (1235)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 69° to 60° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.15"(0913) to 30.04"(2353) 

At midnight obs the temp was 67.7°, Winds 2SE, Pressure at 30.04" and falling, relative humidity 95%, dew point of 66°.  Comparison statistics taken at obs include 67.7° on master, 67.8° on the temporary station, both had 66° dew points, 95% rel hum on master, 90% on the temporary station. I took the VP2 display offline for Marty pickup on Tuesday.

Currently (0147) temperature is 68.7°, dew point temperature at 68°, winds Calm,  relative humidity at 96% with the barometric pressure at 30.02" and falling.

Radar shows rain showers over much of the Maryland region right now. Showers are generally moving from the SW to the NE. They should persist overnight and much of Tuesday. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, August 12, 2014
  •  

Tuesday started out cloudy once again, with occasional light showers overnight, then in daylight rain developed much more in earnest, with the heaviest rainfall during the mid-day hour. Unfortunately my VP2 gauge must be clogged partially, as I got a vastly underreporting value - only about 30% of the LR total, and so I figure the max rain rate is muted also - but the timing shows mid-day with the most action. I was at work in Silver Spring, and I believe we got more down there. Flooded roadways, water rescues, closed roads, gridlocked traffic could be found in much of the metro DC area, and also up towards Baltimore where I have seen the greatest amounts, in the 8-10 inch range around BWI airport and elsewhere in Anne Arundel County. Rain trailed off here in Gaithersburg by mid-afternoon, and partial clearing occurred by early evening.  Tonight temps are in the low 70s as is the dew point, so it is a muggy night out there right now with still a 70 POP for showers, but radar shows the showers to be light and widely scattered to my SW which will be moving this way on a light NE flow. Temps probably won't drop much below 70 by sunrise, unless the cooler air blows in, but I don't think that is going to happen till later on Wednesday. Partly cloudy skies on Wednesday, with highs around 80, lows Wed night in the upper 50s.  Sunny skies through Monday, with highs from Thursday through Saturday in the upper 70s and lows in the mid-upper 50s, then lower 80s for highs and lower 60s for lows on Sunday and Monday. Beautiful chaotic sky observed on the way home from the office early Tuesday evening, with bits of fractostratus from the left over moisture from the earlier rains, forming some light fog, sometimes what appears to be a low-level haze as I headed N from Silver Spring towards Gaithersburg. But as I passed into Rockville this sky was replaced with a stratocumulus deck, probably left over from showers elsewhere. 

Tuesday's precipitation: 1.78" (LR) 0.42" (VP2 - not valid, way underreported) 1.51" Max rain rate (VP2- also a vastly underreported value) @ 1226)
August total precipitation: 3.04"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 39.24"

High temp 74.4° (1802)    
Low temp  67.7° (0000) 
Obs temp. 72.0° 

Peak wind gust 8 E (1101)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (1253) to a low of 90% (1802)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 73° to 66° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.04"(0000) to 29.79"(2031) 

At midnight obs the temp was 72.0° and muggy, Winds 1 ENE, Pressure at 29.81" and falling, relative humidity 97%, dew point of 71°.

No more comparison statistics as Marty took his station back mid-day today during a fortunate break in the downpours. Comparisons have been within a degree in temperature so no changes are necessary in my sensors at this time.

Currently (0229) temperature is 71.2°, dew point temperature at 70°, winds calm, relative humidity at 97% with the barometric pressure at 29.78" and falling.   

Radar shows our earlier heavy rain showers have retreated east and north, now falling over northern PA, parts of NY state including Long Island, also parts of southern New England and New Jersey. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday turned out pretty nice, with clearing skies and drying, cooler breezes that swept all the moisture from yesterday out to sea. Somehow I managed to stay below 80 all day. Tonight the temps have been falling through the 60s and should be in the upper 50s by morning. Thursday through the weekend (Sunday) should be sunny to partly cloudy, remaining dry, with high temps around 80 in the beginning of the period to low-mid 80s by the end of the period. Low temps on Thursday and Friday night should be in the low-mid 50s - great sleeping weather! At the end of the period the overnight period should feature lows in the 60-65 range. Next week looks a bit unsettled, with highs in the mid 80s, lows in the 60s, with a 30-40 POP for showers/storms on most of the "early-in-the-week" days. 

My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 

High temp 78.8° (1625)    

Low temp  65.0° (2359) 

Obs temp. 65.0° 

Peak wind gust 14 SW (1210)  

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0000) to a low of 61% (1914)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 71° to 57° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.94"(2337) to 29.77"(0421) 

At midnight obs the temp was 65.0° and clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.94" and rising, relative humidity 76%, dew point of 57°.

Currently (0212) the temperature is 63.0°, dew point temperature at 56°, winds calm, relative humidity at 79% with the barometric pressure at 29.94" and rising.   

Radar shows the Eastern US (north of Florida) pretty void of precipitation right now. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, August 14, 2014
  •  

Thursday was a beautiful day - quite dry, sunny and pleasant for mid-August. Minimum temp dropped into the 50s in the early AM, and now early Friday morning has once again dropped into the 50s, headed for somewhere in the mid 50s by sunrise Friday. Friday daylight hours should be pleasant once again, with highs in the upper 70s under mostly sunny skies. Temps Friday night should drop down into the mid 50s once again. Saturday should warm up a tad into the low 80s under partly to mostly sunny skies. Lows Saturday night moderating a bit into the low 60s, then on Sunday more clouds than sun with a 30 POP for showers/storms by afternoon, with high temps in the low 80s.  Next week looks a bit showery at times (30-40 POP) through Wednesday, a bit more humid, but with high temps remaining moderate, mostly in the low 80s, 

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 39.24"

High temp 79.2° (1629)    
Low temp  57.1° (0645) 
Obs temp. 61.8° 

Peak wind gust 15 S (1647)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92% (0723) to a low of 45% (1639)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 62° to 54° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.99"(0821) to 29.88"(1748) 

At midnight obs the temp was 61.8° and clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.97" and rising, relative humidity 83%, dew point of 57°.

Currently (0221) the temperature is 58.8°, dew point temperature at 55°, winds calm, relative humidity at 86% with the barometric pressure at 29.99" and rising.   

Radar shows only very light, very widely scattered showers over parts of upstate NY and northern New England, with a more substantial area of showers over parts of New Brunswick in eastern Canada. Otherwise the Eastern US (north of Florida) is pretty void of precipitation right now. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, August 15, 2014
  •  
Friday was another beautiful day - once again quite dry, sunny and pleasant for mid-August. Minimum temp dropped to 53.6 (rounded to 54) that did not set a daily record (record still stands at 52 set back in 1983). High temps on Friday once again was in the 70s - that is my 7th day this month (so far) with max temps in the 70s... And my normal average high temp is probably around 85 at this time of year. We should get down around 55 (matching the current dew point) on Saturday morning, with sunny skies returning on Saturday with warmer high temps into the low 80s. Warmer still on Sunday, with highs in the upper 80s and a 30 POP for showers/storms. Monday should be up in the mid 80s, lows Monday night in the upper 60s with a 70 POP for showers/storms. The rest of the week looks to be unsettled for the most part- with high temps in the low-mid 80s, and a 40-50 POP for showers/storms most of the time, except for Wednesday which looks sunny and dry at this point, with roughly the same temperature pattern.  

Friday's precipitation: 0

High temp 76.3° (1611)    
Low temp  53.6° (0648) 
Obs temp. 61.0° 

Peak wind gust 12 N (1133)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 91% (0704) to a low of 40% (1658)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 60° to 50° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.06"(1037) to 29.97"(0000) 

At midnight obs the temp was 61.0° and clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.04" and rising, relative humidity 86%, dew point of 57°.

Currently (0416) the temperature is 58.6°, dew point temperature at 55°, winds calm, relative humidity at 89% with the barometric pressure at 30.03" and steady. 

Radar shows only very light, very widely scattered showers over central VA the past few hours, moving E.  Also areas of rain can be found over Missouri and the upper peninsula (UP) of Michigan.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, August 16, 2014
  •  

Saturday was another beautiful day - once again quite dry, sunny and pleasant for mid-August. Minimum temp dropped to 55.0 that did not come close to set a daily record (record still stands at 47 set back in 1979). High temps on Saturday once again was in the 70s but the 79.6 technically rounds up to 80. So I still stand with 7 days this month (so far) with max temps in the 70s... We probably will stay at 60 or above through tonight to sunrise on Sunday with cloudy skies predominating, then a cold front from the north should get close enough to kick off some clouds and a bit of a chance at showers Sunday afternoon and evening (30-40 POP) with high temps in the mid 80s, then a low in the low 60s overnight Sunday.  Most of the week ahead features days with more clouds than sun, high temps mostly in the low-mid 80s, and at least a 40 POP for showers/storms each day. Monday looks to be the wettest day potentially, with a 60 POP during the day and a 70 POP during the evening. Lows this coming week should be in the mid-upper 60s with all the clouds around. 

Saturday's precipitation: 0

High temp 79.6° (1826)    
Low temp  55.0° (0655) 
Obs temp. 64.2° 

Peak wind gust 7 W (1648)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0740) to a low of 43% (1713)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 62° to 52° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.07"(1117) to 29.96"(2045) 

At midnight obs the temp was 64.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.98" and falling, relative humidity 83%, dew point of 59°.

Currently (0448) the temperature is 63.9°, dew point temperature at 61°, winds calm, relative humidity at 90% with the barometric pressure at 29.94" and falling. 

Radar shows a bowed line of showers running through central PA at the current time, heading slowly southwards towards our area. If it holds together, it should be in my area by mid-late morning, depending on how fast it moves south.  Rain showers also can be found scattered about parts of New England, particularly in the state of Maine, and another area of showers in the southern most third of Illinois. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, August 17, 2014
  •  
Sunday was a partly cloudy, warmer, more humid day - so not nearly as nice as the past few days, but still not too bad as the breeze kicked up at times. Not much shower action around, that front from the north mentioned last night fizzled out as far as my immediate area went. Temps tonight have been warm, only dropping into the upper 60s over the past hour since midnight obs. Probably will reach the mid 60s by sunrise Monday. Clouds will be quite popular most of the coming week, with not very much sun. Rain threats will be around, but no day will be a total washout. High temps will remain moderate, mostly in the 80-85 range, with lows in the mid-upper 60s. A 40 POP on Monday will increase to a 60 POP on Monday night, and a 40 POP on Tuesday, then a 50 POP on Wednesday and Thursday, then a 40 POP on Friday then a dry, pleasant weekend with partly sunny skies and highs in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 50s as we finally get another Canadian High to push through, even though it will take all week to get through.

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K...
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)
My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Sunday's precipitation: 0

High temp 84.7° (1614)
Low temp 62.6° (0258)
Obs temp. 71.9°
Peak wind gust 16 SW (1301)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92% (0750) to a low of 55% (1558)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 59°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.98"(0000) to 29.89"(1707)

At midnight obs the temp was 71.9°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.96" and steady, relative humidity 77%, dew point of 64°.

Currently (0137) the temperature is 68.3°, dew point temperature at 64°, winds calm, relative humidity at 85% with the barometric pressure at 29.95" and falling.

Radar shows a widely scattered showers over portions of KY and TN, not moving anywhere in particular as best I can tell. Also widely scattered light showers can be found over parts of northern New England and just entering western Wisconsin.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, August 18, 2014
  •  

Monday was a considerably cloudy day, a tad cooler than yesterday, moderately humid - A stationary frontal system just to our south is keeping us in the "soup" so to speak, lots of clouds and the threat of rain, but not really reaching our immediate area. Rain reported just to my south earlier today. Nice dry, sunny, pleasant weather just to my north a bit up in Pennsylvania.  Temps tonight have remained in the 70s so far this evening/early Tuesday morning and won't be much lower than that by sunrise. Tuesday and Tuesday night it should be partly to mostly cloudy, humid, with high temps in the low 80s, and a 20 POP for a shower - night time lows in the upper 60s. Wednesday through Friday there are greater chances for rain showers (50 POP) and even an isolated thunderstorm with highs in the low 80s on Wed and Thur, mid 70s on Friday with lows overnight in the 60s. The weekend looks to dry out a bit, with just a 30 POP for showers with high temps in the mid 70s, lows around 60.

Monday's precipitation: 0

High temp 81.2° (1506)    
Low temp  64.9° (0500) 
Obs temp. 70.4° 

Peak wind gust 8 N (1257)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 90% (0352) to a low of 60% (1438)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 68° to 61° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.97"(0743) to 29.83"(1838) 

At midnight obs the temp was 70.4°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.87" and falling, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 65°.

Currently (0221) the temperature is 71.3°, dew point temperature at 67°, winds calm, relative humidity at 86% with the barometric pressure at 29.85" and falling. 

Radar shows showers well to my south over portions of southern VA and eastern NC not moving this way at the present time. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, August 19, 2014
  •  

Tuesday was a partly cloudy, warm, humid day - a bit more sun than Monday, but with max temps about the same. That stationary frontal system just to our south is still hanging around, but a bit too far away to give us any real threat for rain showers right now.  Temps once again have been slow to drop, still just around 70, headed for no lower than the upper 60s by sunrise Wednesday. Wednesday should have lots of clouds around, continued humid with high temps once again in the lower 80s and a 30 POP for showers. From Wednesday night through Friday night we should be mostly cloudy, humid, high temps in the low 80s through Thur, low temps in the mid-upper 60s, and a 50 POP for showers/storms - highs cooling off on Fri in the upper 70s. The weekend looks a bit more promising, with decreasing precip chances (30-40 POP) and high temps in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s. .

Tuesday's precipitation: 0

High temp 81.7° (1648)    
Low temp  67.9° (0656) 
Obs temp. 72.2° 

Peak wind gust 11 NE (1029)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0712) to a low of 68% (1656)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 71° to 65° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.95"(2342) to 29.84"(0436) 

At midnight obs the temp was 72.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.95" and steady, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 67°.

Currently (0210) the temperature is 70.7°, dew point temperature at 67°, winds calm, relative humidity at 89% with the barometric pressure at 29.94" and steady. 

Radar shows a dying MCS over NE OH and NW PA heading slowly east/southeast, another shower area in SW OH, E IN, and parts of KY at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Wednesday morning

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, August 20, 2014
  •  

Wednesday was a mostly cloudy, warm, humid day - not too much sun, and even a light shower just after 4 PM.  Cooled things off a bit this evening, as temps have fallen into the mid 60s and the temp just prior to obs set the min value for the day, surpassing the morning min. I don't believe that the temps will drop much more till sunrise, as the air temp and dew pt temp are quite close - possible light fog development overnight. Partly to mostly cloudy skies on Thursday with scattered showers and thundershowers probable - 50 POP during day, 70 POP in the evening/overnight. Then a 50 POP for showers on Friday and Saturday, with temps cooling a bit, highs on Thursday in the mid 80s, lows in the upper 60s sliding down to the low 80s on Friday, upper 70s on Saturday, and mid 70s on Sunday, with lows in the low-mid 60s - still more clouds around than sun through Saturday,then partly cloudy on Sunday and extending even into mostly sunny skies to the new week, with 70s highs giving way to 80s highs by mid-week. We might have some 50s mins over the weekend, but by next week we should be back up somewhere in the 60s for lows.

Wednesday's precipitation: 0.12" (LR) 0.12" (VP2) 0.68" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1614
August total precipitation: 3.16"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 39.36"

High temp 83.6° (1447)    
Low temp  67.2° (2356) 
Obs temp. 67.2° 

Peak wind gust 11 E (1330)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (2135) to a low of 58% (1306)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 72° to 65° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.05"(2353) to 29.94"(0341) 

At midnight obs the temp was 67.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.05" and steady, relative humidity 95%, dew point of 66°.

Currently (0211) the temperature is 66.2°, dew point temperature at 65°, winds calm, relative humidity at 96% with the barometric pressure at 30.02" and falling. 

Radar shows our earlier showers have moved way south and are dying out over parts of NC and southern VA. Other shower areas can be found over the Adirondack Mtn areas of upstate NY, parts of NJ, IN, IL, and Northern New England at this time. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, August 21, 2014
  •  
Thursday was a mostly cloudy, warm, muggy day - not too much sun once again, and more showers, this time in the early evening, a bit more than yesterday but still the hit or miss variety and we had the shower between 6 and 7 pm roughly. Not sure if it thundered or not. Tonight it has been quite muggy and temps have only slowly dropped through the 70s, just going under the 70 mark over the past few minutes here at 2 AM early Friday. We will only be in the upper 60s by sunrise. Clouds more than sun once again on Friday, muggy once again with high temps up in the low- mid 80s as our stagnant weather pattern continues with that stationary front we have had in our general area all week. More showers on Friday afternoon and evening possible, a 50-60 POP, then a 50 POP for showers on Saturday with high temps around 80, as a cooler moist NE marine flow develops over our area. Lows in the 60s. Sunday and Monday look to hopefully be sunny and pleasant, with high temps in the mid 70s, lows in the mid-upper 50s. My friend Ray M and I are not convinced yet that this ridge/stationary front will break down to let this pleasantly dry and cool air in on Sunday and Monday. It is expected to stay sunny to partly cloudy through mid-week next week, and only tip over the 80 mark by midweek. We shall see. 

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...) 

Thursday's precipitation: 0.24" (LR) 0.21" (VP2) 1.49" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1816
August total precipitation: 3.40"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 39.60"

High temp 85.1° (1502)    
Low temp  64.4° (0606) 
Obs temp. 71.5° 

Peak wind gust 6 W (1050)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0821) to a low of 63% (1514)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 74° to 63° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.08"(0827) to 30.00"(1943) 

At midnight obs the temp was 71.5°,  scattered clouds,  Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.01" and steady, relative humidity 97%, dew point of 71°.

Currently (0238) the temperature is 69.5°, scattered clouds, dew point temperature at 69°, winds calm, relative humidity at 97% with the barometric pressure at 30.00" and steady. 

Radar shows our earlier showers have moved to the east and north, with a big cluster of rain over parts of the lower eastern shore of Maryland and the NY metro area and parts of New England currently. Also some showers are to the south over parts of southern VA and eastern North Carolina. Another area of rain is moving SE out of OH, with more showers and storms further back on the same track through parts of Indiana and Illinois. If that tracks similiar to the cluster on Thursday, that area will hit down in VA and southern MD again and miss my immediate area again for the most part.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday was a mostly cloudy, not as warm but still a muggy day - no real measurable rain, but a trace at some point in the day. Managed to stay in the 70s for highs, which I believe is the 8th time I did that this August. Tonight the muggies continue, as temps slowly dropped through the 70s and only just went into the upper 60s during the past hour or so. A low of around 68 is likely around sunrise. Saturday will be our last cloudy day as this muggy, cloudy week mercifully ends, temps should hold again in the 70s, with a 60 POP for showers off and on during the day, a 40 POP for showers on Saturday night. Late clearing overnight, then a mostly sunny,dry day on Sunday with highs in the upper 70s. Lows Sunday night under clear skies should be in the low 60s. Upper 70s and sunny once again on Monday, lows Monday night under clear skies in the upper 50s. Warming up slightly the rest of the week, around 80 on Tuesday, low 80s Wednesday then low to mid 80s the rest of the week under continued mostly sunny, dry conditions. Lows in the low to mid 60s. But dry, and mostly sunny all week to contrast to the dull, drab clouds and muggy conditions of this past week.

The weather underground link to my station data is: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11   My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...) My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Friday's precipitation: T (LR) 0.00" (VP2)

August total precipitation: 3.40"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 39.60"

High temp 78.5° (1625)

Low temp 66.6° (0700)

Obs temp. 71.9°

Peak wind gust 5 NW (0939)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0733) to a low of only 82% (1626)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 73° to 66°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.04"(0758) to 29.97"(1904)

At midnight obs the temp was 71.9°, cloudy, Winds 1 E, Pressure at 30.03" and falling, relative humidity 92%, dew point of 70°.

Currently (0449) the temperature is 69.3°, cloudy, dew point temperature at 67°, winds 3 ENE, relative humidity at 91% with the barometric pressure at 30.01" and falling.

Radar shows widely scattered light showers around the region, mostly over in WV moving into central VA, and up in parts of PA. Nothing particularly organized at this time of the early morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday was a mostly cloudy, cooler, damp day for a great part of the day, with early to mid afternoon rain falling lightly to moderately. Temps were mostly around 70/upper 60s all day - the high temp for the day was reached at midnight, further details on that below. Clouds are starting to break up overnight, temps have dropped into the mid 60s, but dew pts have remained very close to the air temp so we haven't started to dry out that much as yet. There has been a bit of spotty drizzle at times this evening. Should be in the low 60s by sunrise in a few hours. Sunday should have a few remaining clouds around in the AM,but should be sunny and warmer in the PM with high temps around 80. Clear and 60 on Sunday night. Sunny on Monday with highs in the upper 70s, lows in the upper 50s. Tuesday-Thursday should be sunny and gradually warmer, low 80s on Tuesday to mid-80s by Wednesday and Thursday. Thereafter rain chances increase a bit to a 30 POP but temps and sky conditions should still be moderate and continue as they have been this week. 

Saturday's precipitation: 0.80" (LR) 0.60" (VP2) Max rain rate (MRR) 0.96" at 1415
August total precipitation: 4.20"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 40.40"

High temp 71.9° (0000)   Afternoon max temp 70.2° @ 1710 
Low temp  66.2° (2316) 
Obs temp. 66.4° 
Peak wind gust 10 NE (1815)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (1514) to a low of only 90% (0407)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 65° 
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.13"(2330) to 30.00"(0410) 

At midnight obs the temp was 66.4°, scattered clouds, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.13" and rising, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 65°.

Currently (0446) the temperature is 64.6°, dew point temperature at 64°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 97% with the barometric pressure at 30.12" and steady.

Radar shows widely scattered light showers well to the south, over parts of KY and TN, and offshore of the Carolinas, heading away from my area (south) 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, August 24, 2014
  •  
Sunday was a partly cloudy day, more like periods of clouds at times, then periods of sun. The humidity that we have been suffering through most of this past week was difficult to dislodge today, as dew points remained in the 60s all day. Air temps did not get above the mid 70s so that was a saving grace. I did have some overnight drizzle that was not measurable. This evening featured temperatures falling through the 70s and most of the 60s with dew points slowly dropping into the low 60s. Overnight the low temp might reach the upper 50s by sunrise on Monday.  The coming week looks to be mostly to partly sunny, high temps mostly in the low-mid 80s, with lows in the upper 50s on Monday night, then 60 to low-mid 60s the rest of the week. Looks like a dry week, no rain expected till next weekend at the earliest, and that may be iffy, stay tuned for updates through the week, especially with next weekend being Labor Day Weekend.At least there are no heat waves in the foreseeable future, though some circles had forecasted a mini-heat wave coming up during at least part of the upcoming week.

Sunday's precipitation: T 
August total precipitation: 4.20"

High temp 75.1° (1342)   
Low temp  63.6° (2354) 
Obs temp. 63.6° 

Peak wind gust 8 NE (1035)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0125) to a low of only 63% (1340)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 67° to 61° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.19"(1148) to 30.12"(1642) 

At midnight obs the temp was 63.6°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.17" and rising, relative humidity 93%, dew point of 62°.

Currently (0209) the temperature is 62.6°, dew point temperature at 61°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 94% with the barometric pressure at 30.18" and rising.

Radar shows showers and storms just coming into NW WI and the western part of the UP of Michigan from parts of eastern MN at the present time. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, August 25, 2014
  •  

Monday was a partly sunny day, mostly high broken cirrus keeping the skies from being totally blue and clear. Drying out with dew points in the 50s for a good part of the day. Temps this evening are dropping through the 60s and should be in the upper 50s by sunrise. A mostly sunny week, low 80s by Tuesday, upper 80s and the warmest day of the week on Wednesday- may be the only chance for hitting 90 this month - then mid 80s on Thursday and Friday under continued sunny skies. Lows in the upper 50s on Monday and Tuesday night, then 60s the rest of the week. Looks like more sunny, warm weather into the Labor Day weekend, perhaps showers/storms developing by late Sunday or Monday, stay tuned on that as the week progresses.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...
 My data can also be found at:  
http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 

Monday's precipitation: 0 

High temp 79.4° (1620)   
Low temp  59.6° (0651) 
Obs temp. 64.0° 

Peak wind gust 11 N (1130)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0813) to a low of 44% (1510)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 64° to 55° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.23"(1131) to 30.16"(1823) 

At midnight obs the temp was 64.0°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.18" and falling, relative humidity 93%, dew point of 60°.

Currently (0215) the temperature is 61.8°, dew point temperature at 60°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 93% with the barometric pressure at 30.17" and falling.

Radar is clear at this time throughout the Eastern U.S. north of Florida as best I can see. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, August 26, 2014
  •  
Tuesday was a warmer, more humid day after one more nice pleasant early morning in the upper 50s. Just a foreshadowing of things to come, and come quickly as tomorrow we will be warming up to near 90. And over the weekend on Saturday and Sunday we will be once again approaching 90. A weak front will pass through late Wednesday that might (20 POP) give us a shower/storm on Wednesday evening and then slightly cooler air on Thursday and Friday with highs in the low-mid 80s.  Still basically dry well into the weekend but Sunday into next Tuesday we have a 40 POP for showers and storms as a front struggles to get through the area.  Lows will mostly be in the 60s overnight, tonight we might make it down to around 60. 

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0

Tuesday's precipitation: 0 

High temp 83.1° (1648)   
Low temp  58.7° (0650) 
Obs temp. 67.7° 

Peak wind gust 9 N (1240)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0835) to a low of 52% (1631)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 70° to 57° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.22"(1122) to 30.11"(1804) 

At midnight obs the temp was 67.7°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.11" and falling, relative humidity 89%, dew point of 65°.

Currently (0212) the temperature is 65.4°, dew point temperature at 63°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 92% with the barometric pressure at 30.09" and falling.

Radar is showing light showers just above the US/Canadian border in parts of southern Quebec, plus scattered showers over parts of WI, MN and Iowa at this time. Not really moving this way anytime soon. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, August 27, 2014
  •  

Wednesday was a bit warmer, more humid day after one more fairly pleasant early morning in the lower 60s. But at least on Wednesday I didn't come that close to that 90 mark, though some scattered spots in the region did manage to hit or top that 90 mark. Tonight it is a muggy, warm night with temps holding in the 70s. We may not make it below 70 by sunrise Thursday. But a weak front has passed through and dew pts may slide a bit lower on Thursday and Friday, and temps should hold in the low 80s and hold that 90 max mark off for a few more days. The weekend looks like it could hit 90 on Sunday, we shall see- officially the highs are expected to be in the upper 80s on Saturday and around 90 on Sunday..Lows will be in the upper 60s to lower 70s with a  30 POP for showers/storms on Sat/Sun and a 40 POP on Labor Day Monday.  Partly to mostly cloudy, highs in the upper 80s, a 30-40 POP for showers/storms through the early part of next week.

High temp 85.9° (1709)   
Low temp  61.3° (0650) 
Obs temp. 74.8° 

Peak wind gust 6 W (1105)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0826) to a low of 55% (1510)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 73° to 60° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(0038) to 29.93"(2006) 

At midnight obs the temp was 74.8°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.94" and falling, relative humidity 87%, dew point of 71°.

Currently (0211) the temperature is 73.2°, dew point temperature at 69°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 90% with the barometric pressure at 29.92" and falling.

Radar is showing light showers scattered over parts of Maine and southern West Virginia at this time, not moving this way any time soon. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, August 28, 2014
  •  

Thursday was a cooler, drier day - very pleasant.  Dew pts dropped off nicely all day from around 70 at midnight down into the upper 50s by late evening tonight. Temps are now right about 60 about to head into the 50s very soon, under clear skies. I looked around the sky on the way home from work this evening and could not find a cloud anywhere- just clear blue sky. We should hit around 56 by sunrise on Friday. Friday should be another nice day, with sunny skies, dew points in the 50s, and high temps in the low 80s. Lows in the low 60s on Friday night with a bit of cloudiness around, then mid 80s and mostly sunny skies on Saturday. On Sunday, the last day of August, we may hit 90 for the first and only time during August, with a 50 POP for showers/storms under partly cloudy skies. Perhaps a shower could come in and put a cap on the temp before it hits 90.  Lows in the 60s to around 70. Monday and Tuesday should drop down a big into the mid 80s with a 40 POP for showers/storms. Wednesday and Thursday should be sunny with high temps in the mid 80s.

High temp 80.0° (1655)   
Low temp  62.6° (2356) 
Obs temp. 62.6° 

Peak wind gust 14 NW (1106)  
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 90% (0147) to a low of 48% (1701)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 71° to 57° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(2353) to 29.92"(0234) 

At midnight obs the temp was 62.6°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.11" and rising, relative humidity 82%, dew point of 57°.

Currently (0213) the temperature is 60.6°, dew point temperature at 55°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 83% with the barometric pressure at 30.13" and rising.

Radar is showing light showers scattered over parts of WI and IL at this time. Not moving this way any time soon. 

Archived