• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
What's the Weather Where You are?

terpguy

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday was a mostly sunny day and quite a bit warmer - temps up around 80, dew points in the upper 50s to around 60, quite oppressive for late October. Very balmy conditions are continuing into the early morning hours of Thursday, temps are still in the upper 60s. Changes are in the winds though, and by the weekend we will be in nice cool fall weather. Showers are out just to my west in the mountains, eventually getting here after sunrise with a 70 POP for mostly AM precipitation. High temps in the 60s on Wednesday, then 40s Wed night, then upper 50s on Thursday and 40s Thursday night, then mid 50s on Friday - with a 50 POP for more showers on Halloween evening with colder temps coming in for the weekend, with high temps only in the mid 40s on both Saturday and Sunday and lows in the 30s, low 30s Sunday night with a probably first freeze of the season as November comes in chilly, perfect for the season.  Snow showers are possible out in the mountains to our west, perhaps some accumulation in the higher elevations. Stay tuned on that. 

The weather underground link to my station data is: 
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0
 My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. 
You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.

Tuesday's precipitation: 0
October total precipitation: 3.11"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 47.65"

Other data for Tuesday is as follows:  
High temp 79.6° (1535)   
Low temp 48.4° (0800)
Obs temp 70.4°

Peak wind gust 10 E (1630)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 91% (0845) to a low of 44% (1445)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 60° to 43°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.08"(0920) to 29.94"(2359) 

At midnight obs the temp was 70.4°, Winds 7 SSW, Pressure at 29.94" and starting to fall a bit,  relative humidity 69%, dew point of 60°.

Currently (0221) cloudy, the temperature is 67.1°, dew point temperature at 59°, winds 4 WSW, relative humidity at 75% with the barometric pressure at 29.92" and falling. 

Radar is showing scattered showers aligned in a SW-NE line through the mountains, and the cells are moving NE, so they will take a while to make their way into my area, probably after sunrise. Still quite balmy after 2 AM this morning. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Wednesday morning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday was mostly cloudy, with an approaching cold front from the west passing through mid day with early afternoon light showers from about 1 to 3 PM.  Remained cloudy, turned cooler all day after balmy very early morning. Dropped through the 50s this evening and now early on Thursday morning we are now in the 40s. Headed for low-mid 40s by sunrise Thursday. Sunny and in the upper 50s on Thursday, lows in the 40s, then upper 50s again on Friday but with increasing clouds as a cold front once again approaches with late Friday halloween trick or treating showers (hopefully holding off till after the trick or treaters have gotten home with their booty). Showers overnight off and on, into Saturday morning. High temps over the weekend on both Saturday and Sunday will be in the mid to upper 40s and breezy - cloudy Saturday, sunny Sunday. These will be our coldest days of the season so far - but after all, Saturday marks the first day of November! We should be starting to get these refreshingly cooler days! Probably will have some mountain snow showers to our west and northwest. Lows will be in the 30s, particularly notable on Sunday night as we approach the magical 32 value which we have not come close to so far this fall season. It should start moderating next week.

The weather underground link to my station data is: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)  My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know. 

Wednesday's precipitation: 0.12" (LR) 0.11" (VP2) 0.38"

Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1325

October total precipitation: 3.23"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 47.77"

Other data for Wednesday is as follows:  

High temp 70.4° (0000)  

Low temp 46.2° (2359)

Obs temp 46.2°

Peak wind gust 16 WSW (1105)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (2305) to a low of 60% (1035)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 60° to 45°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.03"(2240) to 29.93"(0330)                                                                       

At midnight obs the temp was 46.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.02" and rising a bit,  relative humidity 95%, dew point of 45°.

Currently (0155) partly cloudy, the temperature is 44.0°, dew point temperature at 43°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 95% with the barometric pressure at 30.03" and rising.

Radar is showing our earlier showers have moved off to the south and east over SE VA and coastal NC, and offshore out in the Atlantic.

Moving away from our area.

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Thursday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, October 30, 2014
  •  

Thursday was partly cloudy and cooler with high temps in the mid 50s. Only our fourth day this month with max temps in the 50s, probably will have another one tomorrow to finish out the month on Halloween. Temps have fallen early on this Friday morning into the mid 40s with no wind to speak of over the past several hours. We should be sunny on Halloween, and remain dry for the trick-or-treaters Friday night, with showers from a Midwest Cold front coming in late in the evening (20 POP), after the kids have finished with their trick-or-treating. Clouds will be increasing Friday late afternoon into the evening ahead of the showers. Showers still likely (70 POP) on Saturday, breezy, with wind chills in the 30s, and air temps in the mid-upper 40s. Still a chance of showers Saturday evening (50 POP) then clearing skies Saturday night but still breezy, which will keep our temps up somewhat and above the freezing mark, in the mid-upper 30s. Sunday should be sunny but still chilly, with high temps in the mid-upper 40s and diminishing winds. Sunday overnight into Monday morning with light to no wind should have temps drop to around the freezing mark, which if we do reach 32° would be our first freeze of the season. Monday during daylight hours should find sunny skies and moderating temps, with highs in the 50s. Thereafter the rest of the week looks like high temps around 60, turning cloudy by midweek with a 40-50 POP for rain showers. 

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: 
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0) 
 My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Thursday's precipitation: 0

Other data for Thursday is as follows:  
High temp 56.4° (1400)   
Low temp 41.1° (0525)
Obs temp 45.9°

Peak wind gust 10 N (1040)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0850) to a low of 56% (1400)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 45° to 40°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(1010) to 30.02"(0020) 

At midnight obs the temp was 45.9°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.08" and falling,  relative humidity 86%, dew point of 42°.

Currently (0210) the temperature is 45.4°, dew point temperature at 42°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 87% with the barometric pressure at 30.06" and falling. 

Radar is showing some scattered light showers over parts of the upper and lower midwest, with some frozen precipitation showing in the UP of Michigan at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Friday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Halloween Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday was mostly sunny with scattered cloudy periods at times, a tad cooler than Thursday but a nice, dry evening for the trick or treaters as scattered showers off to our west stayed away and a brewing coastal storm kept its precipitation patterns well to our east on and off the Atlantic Coast. Temps barely reached the mid 50s during the day on Friday, then have dropped down into the mid 40s into the first few hours of the new month of November. On Saturday a raw, damp wind will hold clouds in with a 70 POP for rain showers and high temps only in the mid-upper 40s. A continued threat of showers (40 POP) into Saturday evening with temps dropping into the mid 30s. Late clearing overnight into Sunday morning, continued breezy with high temps on Sunday into the upper 40s, but with sunshine returning. Sunday night into Monday morning we should remain clear with dimishing winds, and lows dropping into the low 30s with perhaps our first 32 minimum of the season. Slow moderation of temperature during the new work week, highs in the 50s on Monday, lows in the upper 30s to low 40s, then around 60 on Tuesday with partly cloudy skies. Clouds, perhaps a shower (30 POP) during the midweek, with high temps in the low 60s and lows in the 40s, cooling off a bit by Friday with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. A relatively calm start to the new month on tap. 

The weather underground link to my station data is: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is: http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0) My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Friday's precipitation: 0

Other data for Friday is as follows:  

High temp 54.2° (1330)   

Low temp 43.9° (0735)

Obs temp 45.9°

Peak wind gust 8 NE (1440)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 90% (0505) to a low of 52% (1545)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 43° to 36°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.08"(0000) to 29.88"(2355)                                                                                                    

At midnight obs the temp was 45.9°, Winds 1 N, Pressure at 29.88" and falling,  relative humidity 72%, dew point of 37°.

Currently (0421) the temperature is 45.0°, dew point temperature at 38°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 79% with the barometric pressure at 29.81" and falling. 

Radar is showing rain off the Mid-Atlantic Coast from our developing coastal storm, and a few light scattered showers out in the mountains to the west in sections of West Virginia and western Maryland at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Saturday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, November 1, 2014
  •  

Saturday was mostly cloudy and quite cool, remaining in the 40s for most of the day, but without measurable rain falling at my location, falling instead elsewhere in the region, particularly in areas towards the Atlantic Ocean but still quite breezy, particularly right before midnight obs earlier this evening. Temps are still in the 40s, but should get into the upper 30s by sunrise under cloudy and still breezy conditions. Breezy and cloudy early on Sunday, with gradually clearing skies, continued breezy at times, with temps remaining cool with high temps in the upper 40s. Clearing and diminishing winds Sunday night, with lows approaching the freezing mark in the low 30s. A slow moderation starting Monday, with sun at first then clouds increasing during mid week - highs in the 50s on Monday warming to 60/low 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday, lows in the 40s mostly. Rain showers are not expected till Thursday (40 POP) with highs in the low 60s. A pretty quiet start to the month of November.

Saturday's precipitation: 0

November total precipitation: 0.00"

Other data for Saturday is as follows:  
High temp 50.8° (1655)   
Low temp 44.0° (0455)
Obs temp 44.7°

Peak wind gust 22 NNW (2350)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 84% (0635) to a low of 61% (2040)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 43° to 33°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.97"(2359) to 29.81"(0500) 

At midnight obs the temp was 44.7°, Winds 13 NNW, Pressure at 29.97" and steady, relative humidity 64%, dew point of 33°.

Currently (0321 EST) the temperature is 42.1°, dew point temperature at 32°, winds 11 NNW, relative humidity at 67% with the barometric pressure at 29.97" and steady. 

Radar is showing a few scattered snow showers to my W and NW over parts of the mountains of PA, WV and western Maryland - along with the coastal storm rain mostly offshore of the mid-Atlantic Coast at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Sunday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, November 2, 2014 

Sunday was mostly sunny, remaining quite cool and breezy, with temps remaining in the 40s for most of the day. Breezes exceeded well over 20 MPH for te second straight day, but have subsided this evening finally which should allow us to drop well down into the 30s,  with a freeze warning posted through 8 AM on Monday.  Sunny with a gradual minor warmup during the new week, with highs in the 50s on Monday, low 60s on Tuesday. Cloudy Wednesday with highs in the low 60s, then a 70 POP for showers on Thursday under considerable cloudiness, highs in the 60s. Cooling off again on Friday and over the weekend with high temps in the 50s through that period. Lows mostly in the upper 30s to low-mid 40s. 

The weather underground link to my station data is: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMDGAITH11

My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&tz=0)  My data can also be found at:  http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

Sunday's precipitation: 0

Year to date total precipitation: 47.77" 

Other data for Sunday is as follows:  

High temp 49.5° (1515)   

Low temp 41.0° (0430)

Obs temp 42.3°

Peak wind gust 27 WNW (1015)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 70% (0430) to a low of 36% (1520)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 33° to 23° 

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.28"(2330) to 29.96"(0105)

At midnight obs the temp was 42.3°, Winds 3 N, Pressure at 30.28" and steady, relative humidity 47%, dew point of 23°.

Currently (0150 EST) the temperature is 41.3°, dew point temperature at 25°, winds 6 SW, relative humidity at 53% with the barometric pressure at 30.28" and steady. 

Radar is showing a snow over a good portion of Maine and New Brunswick at this time. No other action going on in the Eastern US north of Florida. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, November 3, 2014
  •  

Monday was partly cloudy, still breezy at times till the evening, overnight breezes keeping the min temps from lowering to the freezing mark as forecasted early this morning, and then warming up a bit during the afternoon hours. Almost as cool tonight with the finally calm winds, should reach the upper 30s once again by sunrise. Warmer on Election Day Tuesday and then also on Wednesday, with high temps approaching 70 under mostly sunny skies on Tuesday and increasing clouds on Wednesday with a 50 POP for showers Wednesday night. Thursday should be cloudy with highs in the 60s and a good chance of showers (60 POP) with even a chance of a thundershower, as another cold front approaches from the west. Friday and over the weekend should see clearing skies and cooler temps, with max temps in the low 50s to upper 40s and lows in the 30s. 

http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K...
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&;...) 
My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman 
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Monday's precipitation: 0

Other data for Monday is as follows:  
High temp 58.0° (1600)   
Low temp 39.2° (0415)
Obs temp 42.8°

Peak wind gust 15 WSW (1120)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 70% (2359) to a low of 25% (1405)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 34° to 19°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.37"(1000) to 30.25"(2120)

At midnight obs the temp was 42.8°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.27" and falling, relative humidity 70%, dew point of 34°.

Currently (0218 EST) the temperature is 43.3°, dew point temperature at 36°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 75% with the barometric pressure at 30.24" and falling. 

Radar is showing some scattered light shower activity in central VA, moving SE so will not affect my immediate area. More significant shower activity out in parts of the Midwest, in sections of WI, UP of MI, and IL at this time. 

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Tuesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, November 4, 2014
  •  

Tuesday was partly cloudy, winds very light, and after a chilly start, milder temperatures in the afternoon, with highs reaching well into the 60s. Milder this evening also, as temps fell only into the 50s with more clouds than has been the past few days.  Low 50s by sunrise. Partly cloudy at first, then becoming cloudy in the PM on Wednesday, with high temps in the 60s. Then clouds predominate from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening, with a 40 POP for showers on Wed evening, an 80 POP for showers during the day on Thursday, then a 50 POP Thursday night as the cold front finally gets through the area. Cooler Friday through the weekend, with high temps mostly in the low-mid 50s and lows around 40 - a 30 POP for showers on Sunday.  Mostly to partly sunny at other times. 

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.  

High temp 67.9° (1450)   
Low temp 39.2° (0730)
Obs temp 56.3°

Peak wind gust 6 WSW (2210)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 87% (0820) to a low of 31% (1500)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 44° to 34°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.27"(0840) to 30.09"(2315)

At midnight obs the temp was 56.3°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.10" and rising, relative humidity 58%, dew point of 42°.

Currently (0223 EST) Cloudy, the temperature is 55.8°, dew point temperature at 40°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 55% with the barometric pressure at 30.11" and rising. 

Radar is showing a SW-NE thin line of showers advancing slowly eastward through the midwest from Montreal Que to the lower Tennessee Valley at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, November 5, 2014
  •  

Wednesday was mostly cloudy, mild early, cooling off with a thickening overcast as a Midwest cold front approaches. Evening light rain has carried over into the early morning hours of Thursday, with temps in the low 50s. Temps should lower very little more with the rain (100 POP) and cloud cover overnight. Thursday should feature clouds and showers (70 POP), mostly in the AM hours, highs in the low 60s. A 50 POP for continued showers over Thursday night, with a low in the low 40s. Friday through the weekend should see sunny to partly cloudy skies, cooler, with highs in the upper 40s to around 50, lows Friday night in the low 30s, lows Saturday and Sunday night somewhere in the 30s. Warming up to around 60 by Tuesday, then cooling off again.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)
Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878.  You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Wednesday's precipitation: 0.11" (LR and VP2)
November total precipitation: 0.11"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 47.88"

High temp 65.4° (1140) 
Low temp 49.3° (0655)
Obs temp 54.2°
Peak wind gust 9 WSW (1225)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (2359) to a low of 48% (1115)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 53° to 39°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.23"(0925) to 30.10"(0035)

At midnight obs the temp was 54.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.16" and falling, relative humidity 95%, dew point of 53°.

Currently (0206 EST) the temperature is 53.4°, dew point temperature at 52°, winds 1 ENE,  relative humidity at 95% with the barometric pressure at 30.09" and falling. Rainfall in the VP2 since midnight: 0.06"

Radar is showing a wide area of mostly light rain over much of the region, moving up from the SW in a NE direction.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday,November 6, 2014

Thursday was cloudy, damp, and cool, particularly in the morning. Overnight light rain was steady from about 3 AM to 6 AM, when most (0.44") of my daily rain fell. Spotty rain otherwise, with some lightening of the cloud deck in the afternoon, with some thunderstorms in the region but nothing at my station that I know of, and only 0.02" fell after noontime. Still cloudy out there now, temps have just fallen into the upper 40s over the past few hours, just prior to obs and after obs early on this Friday morning. Should clear off overnight and drop into the lower 50s by sunrise. Sunny on Friday with temps holding steady in the low 50s. Friday night we may finally get our first freeze, with lows expected in the low 30s. Saturday should be sunny once again with highs in the low 50s, then becoming cloudy Saturday evening, lows in the upper 30s, with light winds but minimal chances at any rain. Continued cloudy on Sunday, highs in the upper 50s. Then on Monday and Tuesday we should be sunny and warming a bit to around 60 or the low 60s. Lows mostly in the 40s.

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Thursday's precipitation: 0.53" (LR and VP2) Max rain rate (MRR) 0.30" @ 0415
November total precipitation: 0.64"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 48.41"

High temp 59.5° (1550)
Low temp 48.2° (2335)
Obs temp 48.2°
Peak wind gust 16 ENE (2130)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0945) to a low of 67% (2005)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 57° to 43°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.16"(0000) to 29.69"(1505)

At midnight obs the temp was 48.2°, Winds 1 W, Pressure at 29.75" and steady, relative humidity 84%, dew point of 44°.

Currently (0225 EST) Cloudy, temperature 50.1°, dew point temperature at 43°, winds W @ 6 MPH, relative humidity at 76% with the barometric pressure at 29.75" and steady.

Radar is our rain moving off well to the north and east, out over the North Atlantic off of southern New England, and also as rain and snow over much of Maine. A few light scattered showers up in the mountains of western PA at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday was partly cloudy, blustery and chilly with temps struggling to make it over the 50 mark in the afternoon. Clearing skies this evening with winds diminishing, is allowing the temperature to drop through the 40s pretty quickly and now is in the mid 30s with our first freezing minimum temperature this season quite likely by sunrise. Sunny on Saturday with highs in the low 50s - cloudy Saturday evening with lows in the upper 30s. Sunny once again on Sunday with highs in the mid 50s, then sunny on Monday with moderating temperatures up to around 60. Lows in the 40s. Sunny on Tuesday, highs in the low 60s, then cooling off significantly thereafter the rest of the week, with highs around 50 on Wednesday, lows around 30, then highs in the low 40s on Thursday and Friday, lows in the 20s. But the big key right now is that it should be dry - clouds at times, but no real organized areas of precipitation as increasing NW flow dries us out. There is an outside chance of our first snow of the season late next week, but too early to tell for sure right now- just stay tuned for updates.

The weather underground link to my station data is:http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K...My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman  Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

High temp 53.0° (1120)

Low temp 37.9° (2359)

Obs temp 37.9°

Peak wind gust 27 WSW (1320)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 84% (0000) to a low of 47% (1405)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 44° to 27°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.10"(2330) to 29.74"(0050)

At midnight obs the temp was 37.9°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.10" and rising, relative humidity 69%, dew point of 29°.

Currently (0314 EST) Clear, temperature 33.7°, dew point temperature at 27°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 76% with the barometric pressure at 30.11" and rising.

Radar is showing light mixed precipitation over parts of the Midwest, mostly over large sections of WI and MI at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday was clear and cold, I had my first fall freezing minimum (32 or less) that set a record for the latest fall freezing date, old record was November 6 back in 2004 and 2009. The 35 year average date for the first 32 min of the fall through 2013 is October 20, so that average will change. Only reached a high temperature of 50, winds remained relatively light, but milder air has started to come in from the west, and so temperatures Saturday evening into early Sunday morning were not as cold as last night, only getting through the 40s so far through 4 AM Sunday. Also some light cloudiness was noted, but not enough to affect the annual moonlight walk in nearby Seneca Creek State Park Saturday evening. Walkers still had their paths illuminated by the moonlight. By sunrise temps may reach the upper 30s. Sunday will be sunny and a bit milder, highs up in the mid 50s, lows mostly in the 40s. Monday and Tuesday should see sunny skies with high temps in the 60s, lows in the 40s. We should start to cool off on Wednesday with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s, then on Thursday the cold air comes in with highs in the 40s and lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s, continuing into Friday and Saturday. Chances of snow are not in the forecast right now, but are possible with just a bit of a shift in the model patterns for a potential storm that is only theoretical at this point, being generated by some forecast model data at the present time.

My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878.  You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

High temp 50.1° (1510) 

Low temp 30.2° (0720)

Obs temp 43.8°

Peak wind gust 10 WSW (1235)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 88% (0750) to a low of 46% (1335)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 36° to 26°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.12"(0810) to 29.95"(1720)

At midnight obs the temp was 43.8°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.96" and falling, relative humidity 72%, dew point of 35°.

Currently (0446 EST) temperature 39.6°, dew point temperature at 35°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 84% with the barometric pressure at 29.96" and steady.

Radar is showing light snow over much of southern WI, not sure if it is only aloft and not reaching the ground. Other scattered areas of mixed precipitation are in parts of northern New England.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, November 9, 2014
  •  

Sunday was sunny and a tad milder in the afternoon, but under clear, calm skies this evening temperatures are dropping into colder 30s temps early this Monday morning. Should be close to freezing values by sunrise Monday. Monday through Wednesday should be sunny to partly cloudy with highs around 60-65. Turning colder on Thursday with high temps in the upper 40s under partly cloudy, blustery skies, then cloudy Thursday night with a 30 POP for rain or snow showers, lows around 30. The coldest day of the week on Friday with highs in the low 40s under partly cloudy skies, then moderating a bit on Saturday with high temps in the upper 40s after overnight lows in the 20s under lighter winds. By Sunday clouding over and more moderate temps in the 50s with a 30 POP for rain showers.

Sunday's precipitation: 0

High temp 56.6° (1445) 
Low temp 35.9° (0715)
Obs temp 37.5°
Peak wind gust 13 WSW (1310)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0830) to a low of 47% (1455)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 40° to 33°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.09"(2345) to 29.94"(0335)

At midnight obs the temp was 37.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.09" and falling, relative humidity 87%, dew point of 34°.

Currently (0143 EST) temperature 35.9°, dew point temperature at 33°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 89% with the barometric pressure at 30.09" and rising.

Radar is showing light snow/mixed precip over parts of the Midwest around the WI/IA area heading east.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, November 10, 2014
  •  

Monday was sunny and milder as temps rose into the low 60s after another early morning in the 30s, just above the freezing mark. Early this Tuesday morning temps have dropped through the 40s and are now in the upper 30s. Tuesday afternoon should be sunny and mild once again, with highs in the 60s after a sunrise low in the mid 30s. Wednesday should see temps starting to slide down, with highs in the 50s, then Wednesday night lows in the 30s. Thursday should see high temps reach only into the mid-upper 40s, with clouds more than sun, also in the evening with lows reaching the 20s. Friday should be colder still, with highs in the low 40s, lows in the 20s and partly cloudy. Saturday and Sunday should remain in the 40s for highs and 20s for lows, with a 30 POP for rain or snow showers on Sunday. This colder than normal period should extend into next week, an unusually persistently long pattern for this time of year, but certainly not record-breaking.

Monday's precipitation: 0

High temp 61.3° (1535) 
Low temp 34.6° (0420)
Obs temp 46.7°
Peak wind gust 10 E (1415)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (0830) to a low of 51% (1520)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 44° to 32°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.22"(1040) to 30.08"(0050)

At midnight obs the temp was 46.7°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.14" and falling, relative humidity 80%, dew point of 41°.

Currently (0450 EST) temperature 38.0°, dew point temperature at 34°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 91% with the barometric pressure at 30.12" and falling.

Radar is showing snow over parts of WI, the UP of MI, and MN, along with a bit around the mid-Maine/New Brunswick border area.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Veteran's Day Tuesday, November 11, 2014
  •  

Tuesday was sunny and mild after one more chilly morning in the mid 30s, as temps reached the upper 60s in the afternoon. Tuesday evening temps slowly dropped into the mid 50s by early Wednesday morning. Air temps have come quite close to the dew point temperature, and with no wind, dense fog has formed. This should remain overnight and keep temps from dropping much, probably only into the low 50s by morning. Wednesday should be partly cloudy with high temps in the upper 50s, cooling off some. Wednesday night temps should continue to drop, into the 30s. Thursday partly cloudy, winds picking up, with high temps in the mid-upper 40s. Lows Thursday night down to around freezing, then on Friday and through the weekend, high temps should be in the low 40s with lows in the 20s, partly to mostly cloudy skies, and breezy at times with significant wind chill temps in the 20s/30s. On Sunday night a weak disturbance should be passing closeby, close enough to give us a 50 POP for rain and/or snow showers with lows around freezing. Monday and Tuesday cold air will be reinforced, with high temps in the low 40s on Monday and upper 30s on Tuesday, lows in the 20s. Definitely a dry, cold period coming up.

High temp 68.5° (1435) 
Low temp 36.3° (0420)
Obs temp 54.5°
Peak wind gust 10 E (1435)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (0905) to a low of 66% (1420)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 59° to 35°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.14"(0010) to 29.92"(2355)

At midnight obs the temp was 54.5°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.92" and falling, relative humidity 94%, dew point of 53°.

Currently (0131 EST) Dense fog, temperature 56.9°, dew point temperature at 56°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 97% with the barometric pressure at 29.89" and falling.

Radar is showing light scattered showers out in eastern KY, southern OH, western WV moving slowly east.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, November 12, 2014
  •  

Wednesday featured very early morning dense fog, mild temps overnight, but by the time I arose around 8 AM the fog had lifted and the sun was out. Still mild,but the front went through late morning and the winds increased and the temperature started to drop. Temps dropped through the low 60s, then 50s in the afternoon, 40s in the evening, and now is in the upper 30s. We should be around freezing by sunrise. High temps under sunny skies early then increasing clouds on Thursday should be in the mid-upper 40s. Might have a shot at a snowflake or sprinkle late in the afternoon or early in the evening. Reinforcing shots of increasingly cold air will be following the next several days,as high temps reach only the low 40s on Friday and into the weekend, and lows mostly in the 20s. Sunday we may cloud over a bit and have a 60 POP for rain or snow showers in the evening. Monday still snow/rain showers possible (40 POP) and cold. Early next week we may have high temps in the upper 30s with lows in the low 20s. The longevity of this cold air is quite remarkable, it will be well below normal for most all of next week (at least).

Wednesday's precipitation: 0

High temp 62.1° (1010) 
Low temp 40.2° (2359)
Obs temp 40.2°
Peak wind gust 18 WNW (1110)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0405) to a low of 45% (1445)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 59° to 31°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.18"(2230) to 29.89"(0335)

At midnight obs the temp was 40.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.18" and steady, relative humidity 69%, dew point of 31°.

Currently (0238 EST) temperature 38.5°, dew point temperature at 29°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 72% with the barometric pressure at 30.18" and steady.

Radar is showing light snow showers over portions of the lower Great Lakes over southern MI, northern IN and WI at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday was mostly cloudy and cold with evening light rain that had a few snowflakes mixed in with it. Other areas in northern Maryland received minor measurable amounts (less than an inch from what I have heard so far) that only accumulated on grassy and other snow-friendly surfaces, Temps only barely reached the mid 40s, and have been in the 30s this evening into early Friday morning. The colder than normal temperature spell will be holding strong in Maryland for the foreseeable future. Sunny with highs only in the low 40s for Friday, lows in the 20s. Repeat that for Saturday, with clouds coming in late, then cloudy on Sunday, highs in the 40s with a 30 POP for rain showers, then a 60 POP Sunday evening for rain or snow showers, and then a 50 POP for rain showers on Monday with highs in the upper 40s. Tuesday and Wednesday should be sunny with highs in the upper 30s, lows in the 20s. Low 40s for highs on Thursday under sunny skies. A cold period ahead, with light precipitation that will get a bit white at times coming up for the next week.

The weather underground link to my station data is:http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=K...My CWOP link (CWOP ID DW4566 - one web address to see my real-time data there is:http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=DW4566&last=24&...)My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman

Thursday's precipitation: 0.05" (LR and VP2)

Thursday's snowfall: T

November total precipitation: 0.69"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 48.46"

High temp 44.4° (1220) 

Low temp 36.1° (0555)

Obs temp 36.5°

Peak wind gust 10 N (0105)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (2210) to a low of 57% (1145)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 35° to 29°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20"(0905) to 30.09"(1445)

At midnight obs the temp was 36.5°, Winds 1 ENE, Pressure at 30.12" and falling, relative humidity 93%, dew point of 35°.

Currently (0230 EST) cloudy, temperature 35.2°, dew point temperature at 28°, winds 3 NNW, relative humidity at 73% with the barometric pressure at 30.11" and falling.

Radar is showing areas of light snow and mixed precip over part of the region, including over my location, but it doesn't seem to be reaching the ground at this time. These precip areas are moving to the E and NE, they will be moved on out of here within the next few hours.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday,November 14, 2014
  •  

Friday was sunny and cold, our first sub 40 max temp day of the season (so far). Temps have now dropped into the upper 20s early this Saturday morning. Sunny and cold on Saturday, with highs in the low-mid 40s. Becoming cloudy Saturday night, lows in the upper 20s. Cloudy on Sunday with highs in the mid-upper 40s and light winds. Cloudy Sunday night with lows in the 30s and light rain expected after midnight, a 50 POP. A 90 POP for light rain on Monday with highs well up in the 40s. Monday night the precipitation will end, possibly as a mix or change to light snow showers, with lows dropping in the 20s by morning. Tuesday and Wednesday should be sunny and cold, with highs in the 30s and lows in the low-mid 20s. Moderating temps thereafter somewhat, but still below normal.

November snowfall: T

High temp 39.4° (1405) 
Low temp 29.7° (2359)
Obs temp 29.7°
Peak wind gust 17 WNW (0955)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93% (0000) to a low of 43% (1505)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 35° to 18°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.34"(2359) to 30.11"(0045)

At midnight obs the temp was 29.7°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.34" and rising, relative humidity 67%, dew point of 20°.

Currently (0406 EST) clear, temperature 29.6°, dew point temperature at 20°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 68% with the barometric pressure at 30.37" and rising.

Radar is showing areas of light snow showers over portions of the Great Lakes region in the typical areas that Lake Effect snow develops. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, November 15, 2014
  •  

Saturday was sunny and cold, with highs in the low 40s, lows in the early AM in the upper 20s. This evening temps dropped through the 30s into the upper 20s by late evening and very early AM then we got some light easterly winds and clouds and temps have risen into the mid 30s over the past few hours early on this Sunday morning. Cloudy on Sunday, scattered sprinkles possible in the afternoon, with highs in the upper 40s. Temps holding in the 40s Sunday night under cloudy skies with a 70 POP for showers after midnight. Monday should see rain (100 POP) with highs in the upper 40s, then cloudy on Monday night and turning colder, with lows in the 20s by Tue morning. Tuesday should be sunny but with the coldest air yet, highs in the low 30s so a shot at my first freezing max of the season. Lows at night in the low 20s. A slow warmup thereafter, with sunny skies, highs in the mid 30s on Wednesday and low 40s on Thursday, lows mostly in the 20s.

High temp 42.9° (1435) 
Low temp 28.0° (2240)
Obs temp 28.7°
Peak wind gust 12 WSW (1000)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 81% (2320) to a low of 42% (1920)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 24° to 20°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.48"(1005) to 30.34"(0000)

At midnight obs the temp was 28.7°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.40" and steady, relative humidity 81%, dew point of 24°.

Currently (0518 EST) cloudy, temperature 35.9°, dew point temperature at 27°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 67% with the barometric pressure at 30.36" and falling.

Radar is showing areas of light snow showers scattered over the area, but probably not reaching the ground in most locations. Other areas of snow showers also exist to the west over the mountains of WV and western MD, and also over many of the Great Lakes states in prime lake effect snow formation areas. 

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, November 16, 2014
  •  

Sunday was cloudy and cold, with highs in the low 40s, lows in the very early AM in the upper 20s but warmed to the mid 30s as the clouds rolled in and the wind picked up a bit. This early evening light rain fell for a few hours, mixed in with a few ice pellets (sleet) with temps dropping into the upper 30s. Temps since then have risen a bit to around 40, but the rain has stopped for the time being. But more rain should be coming in overnight and continue all day Monday (100 POP) with high temps warming into the upper 40s to around 50. Cloudy early Monday evening, a slight chance at more rain (20 POP) with clearing after midnight and temps falling off into the upper 20s. On Tuesday our coldest day so far this season, with the high temp around the freezing mark, lows around 20. Then a slow warm up the rest of the week under sunny skies - lows mostly in the 20s, highs on Wednesday in the mid 30s, then on Thursday rising into the 40s. Friday clouding over again, temps around 40, a 30 POP for mixed rain or snow showers. Lows in the upper 20s.

Sunday's precipitation: 0.16" (LR and VP2) 0.40" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1825
Today's snowfall (sleet): T
November total precipitation: 0.85"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 48.62"

High temp 43.4° (1600) 
Low temp 28.8° (0005)
Obs temp 39.0°
Peak wind gust 9 E (0945)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95% (2359) to a low of 48% (1205)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 38° to 24°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.41"(0245) to 30.07"(2359)

At midnight obs the temp was 39.0°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.07" and falling, relative humidity 95%, dew point of 38°.

Currently (0146 EST) cloudy, temperature 39.9°, dew point temperature at 38°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 95% with the barometric pressure at 30.02" and falling.

Radar is showing rain areas scattered in the region, nothing here at my location for the past several hours. Showers are moving SW to NE. Snow showing on the radar from out in sections of the Midwest at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, November 17, 2014
  •  

Monday was cloudy and mild through midday with morning rain that bridged over a bit into the early afternoon, but dried out by mid-afternoon, and winds picked up by evening, and cold air started to filter in during the evening and is continuing to head down early this Tuesday morning. Temps in the AM and early-mid afternoon reached the mid 40s, along with mostly light rain though briefly heavy right at noon as the front was actually passing through I believe. We will be quite cold the next few days, and probably won't get over the freezing mark during the day on Tuesday, though with my midnight obs my carryover temp right at midnight will be giving me a max of 36 most likely for the total obs day of Tuesday. Sunny skies, breezy at times with wind chills in the teens during Tuesday. Lows Tuesday night might reach into the teens for the first time this season, will be a close one on reaching that low IMHO. Wednesday a slight warmup into the mid 30s for highs, then getting a bit cloudy Wednesday night and not as cold, with lows in the upper 20s. Milder on Thursday and Friday with highs in the low 40s and lows in the 20s. Milder still on Friday through the weekend, with rain likely on Sunday (60 POP) and temps rising into the upper 40s on Saturday, and 50s on Sunday and 60s on Monday. Lows in the 20s on Friday rising into the 30s over the weekend.

Monday's precipitation: 0.58" (LR and VP2) 0.98" Max rain rate (MRR) @ 1200
November total precipitation: 1.43"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 49.20"

High temp 47.2° (1515) 
Low temp 36.1° (2359)
Obs temp 36.1°
Peak wind gust 19 WSW (2025)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97% (1055) to a low of 63% (2250)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 46° to 26°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.07"(0010) to 29.58"(1450)

At midnight obs the temp was 36.1°, Winds 6 SW, Pressure at 29.82" and rising, relative humidity 67%, dew point of 26°.

Currently (0247 EST) clear, temperature 28.4°, dew point temperature at 17°, winds 20 WSW, relative humidity at 52% with the barometric pressure at 29.94" and rising.  

Radar is showing scattered snow showers over the usual Lake Effect snow areas, extending down into West Virginia, western Maryland and western PA mountain areas.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, November 18, 2014
  •  

Tuesday was mostly sunny, breezy and cold - coldest day of the season so far. Unfortunately it isn't totally reflected in today's stats, as I had a "carryover" max at midnight of 36.1° - my actual afternoon max temp was only 30.6° @ 1425. Temps this evening have fallen through most of the 20s, but have leveled off the past hour or so. Hopefully it will start dropping again as Wednesday early morning progresses. The record low temp for Wednesday is 18° back in 1997, which I may get close to or surpass if the temps can start dropping again towards sunrise. Sunny on Wednesday with a slight moderation of the high temps into the mid 30s, then a warm front will come through Wed night with some clouds and low temps only falling a bit into the upper 20s to low 30s. Sunny again on Thursday with highs in the low 40s, then on Friday highs only into the mid 30s, then 40s on Saturday and upper 50s on Sunday, with rain chances increasing on Sunday to 90 POP during the day, and a 70 POP in the evening/overnight. Milder still on Monday with sunny skies returning and high temps in the 60s. Cooling off again thereafter as we head towards the Thanksgiving holiday.

High temp 36.1° (0000) (PM Max was 30.6° at 1425)
Low temp 21.2° (2359)
Obs temp 21.2°
Peak wind gust 24 WSW (0240)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 68% (0015) to a low of 36% (1350)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 26° to 5°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.30"(2350) to 29.82"(0000)

At midnight obs the temp was 21.2°, Winds 1 W, Pressure at 30.30" and rising, relative humidity 57%, dew point of 8°.

Currently (0203 EST) clear, temperature 21.1°, dew point temperature at 8°, winds 3 W, relative humidity at 60% with the barometric pressure at 30.31" and rising.

Radar is showing scattered snow showers over the usual Lake Effect snow areas - some areas just south of Buffalo NY really got pounded all day Tuesday with several feet of snow falling.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, November 19, 2014
  •  

Wednesday was mostly sunny, breezy and cold - coldest day of the season so far but no record mins set - but the max for the day of 35.7 did set a record low max for the day, as did the 36.1 recorded yesterday. This afternoon barely got over the freezing mark, at 33.2° at 1520 for a max value during the afternoon - but temps warmed up this evening to record the max for the day at 2320. A warm front to the west is bringing milder air into our region, more vigorously tomorrow but starting late this evening/during the overnight. Sunny skies on Thursday with high temps in the 40s, lows Thursday night in the 20s, highs on Friday in the mid 30s, then back up in the 40s on Saturday under sunny skies. Sunday a further warmup should occur,with a 50 POP for showers, a 90 POP on Sunday night with low temps in the 50s, then a 40 POP for continued showers on Monday with highs up in the 60s. Thereafter a gradual cooldown should occur through mid-week heading into Thanksgiving Day on Thursday.

Wednesday's precipitation: 0

High temp 35.7° (2320) (Afternoon Max was 33.2° at 1520)
Low temp 19.4° (2359)
Obs temp 35.5°
Peak wind gust 14 WSW (2025)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 71% (0755) to a low of 41% (1520)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 17° to 8°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.40"(0850) to 30.07"(0000)

At midnight obs the temp was 35.5°, Winds 8 SW, Pressure at 30.07" and falling, relative humidity 46%, dew point of 17°.

Currently (0244) temperature 32.9°, dew point temperature at 17°, winds 3 W, relative humidity at 52% with the barometric pressure at 30.04" and falling.

Radar is showing scattered light snow showers in several areas in the Keystone State of Pennsylvania at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Thursday, November 20, 2014
  •  

Thursday started out cloudy and chilly,but not as cold as it has been the previous few days. Milder air really worked in by early afternoon, with temps going over the 50 mark for a few hours. Cold air moved back in during the evening hours, dropping the dew point and heading the temps back through the 40s and now through the 30s late this evening and into Friday morning. It should be back into the 20s by morning, with highs on Friday in the low 30s under sunny skies. Lows in the low 20s Friday night, then warming up on Saturday into the 40s. Rain showers (60-80 POP) for Sunday, high temps rising into the 50s. Cloudy on Monday with highs again in the 50s, then Tuesday into Thanksgiving Day we should cool off to more seasonable 40s for high temps, 20s for lows, with plenty of sun returning.

Thursday's precipitation: 0

High temp 51.1° (1425) 
Low temp 30.2° (0720)
Obs temp 33.5°
Peak wind gust 14 W (0015)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 65% (0720) to a low of 35% (2315)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 28° to 10°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.17"(2359) to 29.93"(1420)

At midnight obs the temp was 33.5°, Winds 6 NNW, Pressure at 30.17" and rising, relative humidity 41%, dew point of 12°.

Currently (0236 EST) temperature 31.2°, dew point temperature at 15°, winds 5W, relative humidity at 49% with the barometric pressure at 30.24" and rising.

Radar is showing scattered snow showers in the usual Lake Effect areas in the Great Lakes, including the ravaged western NY state area to the Lee of Lake Erie.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Friday, November 21, 2014
  •  

Friday was a one day reversal back into the cold and clear, but nothing record-breaking. On a nice predominant cold trend, with 7 out of the last 8 days having freezing mins. Before that period started, I only had 1 freezing day min in November up to that point. By Saturday at sunrise, I will be in the upper teens for the second time this week. Saturday starts to warm up again under sunny skies, highs in the upper 40s. Clouding over Saturday night and milder,staying above freezing. Sunday should be partly cloudy with a 50 POP for showers, highs up in the 50s. A 90 POP for rain showers Sunday night, lows remaining warm, in the 50s. Monday should see temps rise to around the 70 mark with a 30 POP for showers. Thereafter clearing skies and cooling down into the 50s on Tuesday and 40s the rest of the week, with a slight chance for showers (30 POP) on Wednesday. So the weather for Thanksgiving looks to be seasonably chilly and dry.

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there!  If not, let me know.

High temp 36.3° (1425) 
Low temp 23.2° (2359)
Obs temp 23.2°
Peak wind gust 18 WNW (0905)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 71% (2359) to a low of 35% (1515)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 16° to 10°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.60"(2135) to 30.17"(0000)

At midnight obs the temp was 23.2°, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.59" and rising, relative humidity 71%, dew point of 15°.

Currently (0425 EST) temperature 20.2°, dew point temperature at 16°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 82% with the barometric pressure at 30.57" and falling.

Radar is showing scattered light mixed precipitation in parts of the Great Lakes states, mostly Michigan and Wisconsin, at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, November 22, 2014
  •  

Saturday featured one last cold morning (only our second one in the teens so far this month and coldest value of the month so far),then milder partly cloudy skies in the PM, with more clouds this evening and milder temps continuing, though the temps have fallen into the upper 30s early this Sunday morning. Sunday should be mostly sunny and milder, with temps soaring well into the 50s. Sunday night will be cloudy with rain developing (100 POP) and mild,temps holding in the 50s. Morning showers on Monday with clearing skies as a warm front passes north of the area,resulting in soaring temps into the low 70s by the afternoon. Clear skies Monday night through Tuesday night,with cooler temps in the 50s on Tuesday. Right now Wednesday looks like it will become cloudy with rain and/or snow developing, high temps in the mid-upper 30s. A 50 POP for rain/snow on Wed during the day, a 50 POP Wed night for snow. There is a potential for significant snow, model forecasts have to get in psynch before a definitive statement on how much snow if any at all will fall. Particularly critical for all of the East Coast with the usual busiest travel day of the year on Thanksgiving Eve. Thanksgiving Day right now looks to be mostly cloudy with highs in the low 40s. The rest of the week should be sunny and seasonably cold with highs in the upper 30s and lows in the 20s. Stay tuned for the latest - probably will change as we get closer to Wednesday.

High temp 49.9° (1520) 
Low temp 19.0° (0650)
Obs temp 43.1°
Peak wind gust 14 WSW (1335)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 87% (0750) to a low of 31% (1430)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 23° to 15°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.60"(0220) to 30.28"(2359)

At midnight obs the temp was 43.1°, Winds 1 SSW, Pressure at 30.28" and falling, relative humidity 45%, dew point of 23°.

Currently (0513 EST) temperature 36.5°, dew point temperature at 23°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 57% with the barometric pressure at 30.22" and falling.

Radar is showing scattered light snow through parts of the midwest (but concentrated right now in Northern Ohio) and also through NY and Mid-New England at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, November 23, 2014
  •  

Sunday featured mild temperatures and increasingly cloudy skies in the afternoon, with clouds in the evening and late evening light rain developing. After a morning min just above the freezing mark,afternoon temps rose into the 50s and have remained there well into the evening/early morning Monday. Rain broke out in the late evening and was raining steadily at midnight obs. We should have rain overnight off and on, with continued mild temperatures, probably remaining in the 50s/upper 40s throughout the night. Rain showers should be winding down in the daylight morning hours, and then become partly to mostly sunny in the afternoon, with temps soaring much higher than on Sunday, perhaps reaching the low 70s by late afternoon. A cooldown should start kicking in on Tuesday, with sunny skies and highs in the 50s. Clouds come in late Tuesday ahead of a coastal storm from the south, with light rain on Wednesday morning possibly/probably evolving into light wet snow/mixed precipitation (70 POP) on Wednesday afternoon into the evening, Snow should continue through the evening (40 POP) on the busiest travel day of the year - lows in the upper 20s. Thanksgiving should clear out with seasonably cold temps, highs in the low 40s. Continued sunny on Black Friday into the weekend, with highs in the upper 30s, lows in the 20s.

Sunday's precipitation: 0.20" (LR) 0.16" (VP2) 0.55" Max rain rate @ 2335
November total precipitation: 1.63"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 49.40"

High temp 52.6° (2359) 
Low temp 33.7° (0730)
Obs temp 52.6°
Peak wind gust 11 E (2255)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (2330) to a low of 43% (0005)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 52° to 22°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.28"(0005) to 29.81"(2359)

At midnight obs the temp was 52.6°, Winds 7 NE, Pressure at 29.81" and falling, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 52°.

Currently (0200 EST) temperature 56.0°, dew point temperature at 55°, winds 8 E, relative humidity at 97% with the barometric pressure at 29.68" and falling. VP2 rainfall since midnight obs: 0.10"

Radar is showing our general area of light rain still moving from the SW to the NE with the end of the rain shield is just about over my immediate area at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday featured overnight/early morning light rain showers ahead and with the passage of a warm front that rose our afternoon temps to around the 70 mark. Not a daily record for my station though (74 in 1979 is still the daily record for 11/24). Temps late this evening/early Tuesday morning still in the 60s as we have one more mild overnight. Tuesday should be partly sunny and a bit cooler, with highs in the upper 50s to around 60. Clouding up Tuesday night and getting colder, with lows in the 30s and rain/snow developing (70 POP). Wednesday a 100 POP for rain and snow, highs in the upper 30s to low 40s. A 40 POP for snow showers on Wednesday night, with lows in the 30s. Turkey Day should be mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 30s. Lows Thursday night in the 20s under clearing skies. Friday and Saturday should see seasonably cold temps in the upper 30s to low 40s, sunny skies. Lows at night in the 20s. Warming up on Sunday into the low 50s with clouds more than sun, but no real organized areas of precipitation to fall as of now.

My data can also be found at: http://www.weatherlink.com/user/walrusman

Weatherbug is picking up my Bennington weather station data now. Just go to weatherbug.com and enter my zip code 20878. You should see a choice to select my Bennington weather station. Hope you can take it from there! If not, let me know.

Monday's precipitation: 0.18" (LR) 0.18" (VP2) 0.33" Max rain rate @ 0500

November total precipitation: 1.81"

Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 49.58"

High temp 69.6° (1435) 

Low temp 52.6° (0005)

Obs temp 61.6°

Peak wind gust 18 WSW (1305)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 98% (0155) to a low of 60% (1530)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 61° to 52°

Barometric pressure values ranged from 29.83"(2350) to 29.63"(1425)

At midnight obs mostly cloudy, temperature was 61.6°, Winds 1 WSW, Pressure at 29.82" and rising, relative humidity 82%, dew point of 55°.

Currently (0209 EST) Cloudy, temperature 57.3°, dew point temperature at 53°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 85% with the barometric pressure at 29.85" and rising.

Radar is showing a bit of light rain over coastal areas of MD and VA, plus an area of snow out in parts of the Midwest, mostly in Wisconsin and Michigan at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Tuesday, November 25, 2014
  •  

Tuesday featured continued mild temperatures, though not quite as mild as on Monday,and considerable cloudiness through much of the day.Temps have been sliding off slowly tonight as clouds thicken from the Coastal Storm approaching our area from the south tonight. Low 40s should fall off into the upper 30s as we approach sunrise and also the onset of precipitation. We have a winter weather advisory for our local area (Montgomery County) posted from 8 AM to 6 PM on Wednesday. Light rain is falling in parts of the region right now,and is filling in quickly to the rest of the region as it looks to me on radar. By mid-morning the rain should start to change over to a mix or go all snow, with 1-3 inches of snow accumulating on favorable surfaces like grassy areas and car tops,but probably only a slushy accumulation at most on the roads. Temps during the day on Wednesday should be in the mid-upper 30s. Cloudy Wednesday night with lows in the upper 20s but should mostly be dry. Thanksgiving will be cloudy at times, sun should come out for at least part of the day,with high temps around 40. Lows in the 20s Thanksgiving night, then highs in the upper 30s to 40 on Friday and Saturday. Warmer on Sunday with sun with high temps in the 50s,lows in the 30s.

November total precipitation: 1.81"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 49.58"

High temp 61.6° (0005) 
Low temp 42.8° (2125)
Obs temp 43.0°
Peak wind gust 14 WSW (1030)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 89% (0310) to a low of 43% (1430)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 55° to 33°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20"(2255) to 29.82"(0000)

At midnight obs mostly cloudy, temperature was 43.0°, Winds 1 Calm, Pressure at 30.20" and steady, relative humidity 77%, dew point of 36°.

Currently (0241 EST) Cloudy, temperature 43.0°, dew point temperature at 36°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 77% with the barometric pressure at 30.16" and falling.

Radar is showing light rain overspreading our area from the S and SW. No real signs yet of any snow falling.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Wednesday, November 26, 2014
  •  

Wednesday featured our first measurable snow event of the season. Overnight/early morning light rain changed into snow by mid daylight morning and continued through most of the day as a heavy wet snow that only accumulated on cartops and grassy surfaces for the most part. Temps started out in the low 40s and slid down to the mid 30s, just stayed above the freezing mark all during the snow. Clouds persisted this evening with temps slowly creeping up from 33 to 34 early this Thanksgiving morning. Clouds should persist as another pulse of energy passes through our area that might yield a sprinkle or snow flurry during the afternoon of Thanksgiving with high temps around 40. Partly cloudy Thursday night with lows in the upper 20s. Friday through the weekend should be partly to mostly cloudy with a bit of sun, highs in the upper 30s/lower 40s through Saturday, then warming up on Sunday with highs in the low 50s. Lows generally in the 20s through Saturday, then 30s on Sunday. Quite nicely today's measurable snow fills in a hole in my record, as I never had measured any snow on the 26th of November in my 36 year period of record (POR). I now have 4 days in November with no snow recorded for my POR.

Wednesday's precipitation: 1.22" (LR) 1.15" (VP2- still dripping through a bit)

0.38" max rain rate (MRR) @ 0815
Wednesday's snowfall: 1. 6"
November snowfall: 1.6"
Snow on ground at midnight (only certain surfaces): 1.0"
November total precipitation: 3.03"
Annual 2014 YTD precipitation total: 50.80"

High temp 43.5° (0315) 
Low temp 33.5° (1135)
Obs temp 34.1°
Peak wind gust 12 N (0810)
Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96% (1325) to a low of 76% (0010)
Dew point temperatures ranged from 40° to 32°
Barometric pressure values ranged from 30.20"(0005) to 29.95"(1335)

At midnight obs mostly cloudy, temperature was 34.1°, Winds Calm, 1" of snow on ground on certain favorable surfaces, Pressure at 30.04" and falling, relative humidity 96%, dew point of 33°.

Currently (0353 EST) Cloudy, temperature 33.2°, dew point temperature at 32°, winds Calm, relative humidity at 96% with the barometric pressure at 30.06" and rising.

Radar is showing our Wednesday snow and rain has moved off to the north and east, with snow showing the greatest over most of the state of Maine at the current time. Scattered snow areas can be found in parts of Kentucky that may affect our area later on Thursday. Other scattered areas of snow can be found through other areas in the NE, mid Atlantic and Midwest.

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on Thanksgiving Thursday morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

Archived