• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Need to find a date on the calendar

Danny

I need help with a bit of detective work. I see this type of thing on the cop shows on TV so I'm wondering if its possible for a civilian to do in real life.

So, sometime in 2010 in the New York City Metro area there was a wind event. This event to the best of my recollection happened over 2 days. The major tree damage was done the first day with residual high winds on the second day. Mature trees all over Brooklyn and Queens came down. The streets were clogged with branches and tree trimming crews. I need to nail down the date of this event. Can someone help me?

Thank you

Danny

Thank you.

I just checked my personal calendar for those dates but they are apparently not what I am looking for. I was in Queens on the date in question. On 3/13 & 14 I was in Nassau County.

It's possible that my clouded memory is assuming that the event I am looking for was that storm. So, now I'd like to assume that the event did not coincide with a major storm.....only that there were higher than "normal" winds. Is there a way to examine incidents of high wind conditions?

I remember that the day in question was sunny but I don't remember the temperature.

Thank you for your help.

Danny

Thank you.

I just checked my personal calendar for those dates but they are apparently not what I am looking for. I was in Queens on the date in question. On 3/13 & 14 I was in Nassau County.

It's possible that my clouded memory is assuming that the event I am looking for was that storm. So, now I'd like to assume that the event did not coincide with a major storm.....only that there were higher than "normal" winds. Is there a way to examine incidents of high wind conditions?

I remember that the day in question was sunny but I don't remember the temperature.

Thank you for your help.

Danny

3/13/10 was indeed a major storm, a major nor'easter to be specific - it was definitely not sunny at any point on that day. NYC had heavy rain and very high winds. It wasn't a two-day event; winds were still up somewhat on the 14th (but nowhere near what they were on 13th), and the rain ended overnight before the morning of the 14th.

3/13/10 was indeed a major storm, a major nor'easter to be specific - it was definitely not sunny at any point on that day. NYC had heavy rain and very high winds. It wasn't a two-day event; winds were still up somewhat on the 14th (but nowhere near what they were on 13th), and the rain ended overnight before the morning of the 14th.

So.....can you tell me about an available resource that tracks this kind of info and is searchable by me?

The site doesn't seem to go back that far. And I'm not sure that I was searching correctly.

But thank you.

Click on "Preliminary Monthly Climate Data (CF6)" on the left.

Click on the location in the center.

Click on "Archived Data" on the right.

Scroll down through the available months.

Select one.

Hit "Go" on the far right.

Archived